Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

It's A ......Clean Sheet!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Difficult to believe that our very first clean sheet arrives ater being stuck up against John Terry. [:D]

[/quote]

Also gives the lie to that old chestnut (believed by fans of all clubs) that so and so who (in this case Torres) who hasn''t scored in ages/ever/since Thatcher was prime minister etc is bound to get a goal against us.

more importantly its a point that leaves us in a v strong position in the table

Good team effort all round

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Difficult to believe that our very first clean sheet arrives ater being stuck up against John Terry. [:D]

[/quote]

Also gives the lie to that old chestnut (believed by fans of all clubs) that so and so who (in this case Torres) who hasn''t scored in ages/ever/since Thatcher was prime minister etc is bound to get a goal against us.

[/quote]

Quite so Purple. However, I would wager Torres would have scored with Thatcher when she was in her prime ( perhaps when Torres was too [:D] ). Maggie was always a little vulnerable around the Latins.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quite so Purple. However, I would wager Torres would have scored with Thatcher when she was in her prime ( perhaps when Torres was too [:D] ). Maggie was always a little vulnerable around the Latins.

[/quote]

Not just Latins,Yankee. Scots as well. That quote "Every prime minister needs a Willie" was not - as supposed - about Whitelaw but wee Willie Donachie...[;)]

Finally! Brilliant!That should boost the defence''s confidence even more as they are working well together. The more it can be settled, the stronger they will become as they will become attuned to one another.

Two of the top scoring teams in the league, so it was bound to be a goalless draw really...[:)]I know Chelsea are only a shadow of their side of two years ago, but it was still an excellent defensive display by us, and better still we seem to be cutting out most of the individual defensive errors.I think the huge cheer at the final whistle was more for the clean sheet than the point, but it gets that particular monkey off our backs. I love the way PL will still only talk about survival, but it may take a few more points before the media finally stop comparing us with Blackpool last season.