Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

***SHOCK POLL*** Worhtington IN or OUT? ***VOTE HERE***

In. He may not have been a great premiership manager, but next season we are going to be a championship team. What exactly is the point in sacking a manager who knows how to win the championship and also fracturing the stability (something all successful teams are built on) at the club.

IN definatly. he''s done more for this football club in the last decade than any other manager. Im not ready to quit on him just yet. Granted he may have made mistakes this season, but then again so have ALL the players. if we go down and dont manage to get back up, then thats when we begin to question him. The gulf between the premiership and championship is huge as we all know. This season we''ve played a lot of the teams off the park... including chelsea at times. We just haven''t had quite the right formula. As has been said on many an occasion, everyone is learning every game. This is nigels first season in the premiership.... people dont expect so much from a players first season in the premiership. A year in the championship and a bolstered defence if/when we get repromoted, i think will keep us up the following season. and i think nigel is the man to acomplish this too. just give him time to prove himself. if he fails next season or the following season then maybe its time for a change.

In - but reckon he will only survive until November if things do not start well - his coaching staff - well thats another question - I would put Livermore OUT.

IN....

....as long as he starts picking a football team based on the ABILITY his players rather than picking his favourites! Like other posters, lets give him 15-20 games next season and see what happens.

IN we waited 9 years to be where we are today , so dont throw the baby out with the bathwater OTBC

[quote]Ok, this should get the wind up a few people. Many on this board have been questioning Nigel Worthington recently and his post-match comments about how great our performances are. So let''s find out wh...[/quote]

IN

Has to be IN - at least until, say, 15-20 games of next season if it''s all going pear-shaped. 

Hand on heart we all knew there was a strong possibility we''d go down, so to sack him just because it now looks likely to happen is plain daft.  He is the manager who built up the poor side that Hamilton left behind to one which got promoted in just a few seasons, so at the very least deserves much credit for that. 

Of course, some mistakes have been made, so it is down to all parties to learn from them and come back better.  It is possible that he has taken things as far as he can: we will be able to see this in the remainder of this/start of next season, but to get rid of him now, or before 15-20 games of next season, would be madness.

In, if only for the stability of the club and our reputation for sensible conduct but, all the early talk about the club going forward even if relegated, has got to be justified next season. Our manager is talking of a spine of players, Green, Shackell, Francis and Ashton for a team to be built around. I wouldn''t argue with that but why has Shackell only just be brought into the side?

In, if only for the stability of the club and our reputation for sensible conduct but, all the early talk about the club going forward even if relegated, has got to be justified next season. Our manager is talking of a spine of players, Green, Shackell, Francis and Ashton for a team to be built around. I wouldn''t argue with that but why has Shackell only just be brought into the side?

Out.

I''m not just saying it because of where we are in the league I am saying it because of his ability with team selection and use of subs mostly.

It took him thirty... THIRTY odd games to give someone everyone in Norwich has known is a great player a chance in a defence that is just terrible, how could Shackell have done any worse? and even when he did finally give him the chance, he dropped the wrong person to play him! He persists in picking Fleming and Holt (don''t get me wrong I love these two but they are simply not good enough anymore) and I have absolutely no idea why! when we have much higher quality people he has bought in just to sit on the bench (Safri and Doherty) If he continues to play Edworthy when Helveg is fully fit then not only does he need to leave but he needs to be shot too! Same goes if he continues to play Stuart has been dreadfull (I was actually quitely happy about getting Stuart in so not criticizing the buy, but will do if he keeps playing him)

Against Bolton is just one example I can think of, of his use of subs, brining Doherty on in the last five minutes, why didn''t he do that 10-15 minutes before that, five minutes is not enough time. His ability at using subs has always been terrible, last year included. For that matter his team selection has always been dodgy with his favourites.

Not sure whether anyone has counted so far but it''s probably about 30 In''s and 4 Out''s. That does surprise me a little bit after our last 3 months of football.

There is a lot of posters who haven''t posted yet...come on everyone...let''s be avin'' you.

IN, IN, IN, IN......

I can''t believe this is even being debated.  This clubs needs some stability, look at Wolves and Leicester who both got rid of their manager after going down.