Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

***SHOCK POLL*** Worhtington IN or OUT? ***VOTE HERE***

Those calling for Worthy''s head should also consider who else might go if he does? What would you do if you were Ashton? Presumably it was Worthy who persuaded him to come here- would you hang around just in case you liked his successor or would you invoke your clause and listen to the first decent Prem bid? And who else- Green? Hux? Leon?

No- changing now would be highly dangerous and risk tearing the guts out of our side. Give him 15 games and take it from there but keep an eye on what happens in the summer (see my post on the Lets Stay Calm thread).

IN!!!!!!!!

[quote]You been quiet lately on this subject CB, bet you been sitting there sharpening your poisonous pen waiting for a bad result so you could drag up this boring dirge yet again eh ?[/quote]

I am not looking at the Fulham game Gorleston Jim, I am looking at the whole season. When we loose, Worthy says he is happy with the performace! He'' s lost it by picking players he is loyal to and not putting out the strongest side. Simon Charlton was one of our best defenders this season yet got dropped and hardly ever used again.

Edworthy was a disgrace, yet he was continually picked after making gaff after gaff! Fleming has played all season despite being apauling, and Gary Holt has also been out of his depth yet continuted to feature. We got relegated by 1 point yesterday, yet it shouldn''y have happened.

Substitutions have been very strange...not just me saying this, but half the supporters.

The pen has been out for a long time Jimmy and it needed to be sharpened again yesterday.

Time for change and move on.

In. In. In.

He''d have been a hero had we pulled it off yesterday.

He did his bit - the team froze.

And he''e had hios premiership "L" plates on. He''s older and wiser now.

[quote]I am not looking at the Fulham game Gorleston Jim, I am looking at the whole season. When we loose, Worthy says he is happy with the performace! He'' s lost it by picking players he is loyal to and not...[/quote]

CALL YOURSELF CANARY BOY IS A DIGRACE YOUR NOT A CITY FAN JUST SLAG PLAYERS OFF WHEN EVER WE LOSE ,WE HAVE GOT TO GET BEHIND THE WHOLE TEAM AND WORTHY AND GET BACK INTO THE PREM.

IM A LOYAL SUPPORTER ARE YOU

WORTHY  MUST STAY.

In definatley

worthy has taken us from a team that was strugglin for survival in what was division 1 and won us the title. not many managers can crack the premiership first time, so give him his time and i bet next time we will do better when he knows what to expect

Mr Worthington needs to sit down and take a long hard look at some of the videos of this season''s games. If at the end he seriously thinks that the team was better for the inclusion of Fleming, Holt etc, then he should start packing his bags. As one of the previous posters says, he did have his Premiership L plates on - but that doesn''t excuse the insulting "we played fantastically - but still lost" spin that he kept trying to sell us. Get it sorted and the Worthy Out brigade will melt away, but if we''re not top (or thereabouts) after 7 or 8 games, it might be looking a bit dodgy for him then.

In.  WBA had the advantage of a more recent Premiership visit than us, with all the attendant money and experience.  If we''d survived we wouldn''t be having this poll

Canary Boy (if that is your real name?), your signature includes the sentences:

"On the last day of Christmas Delia gave to me...Darren Huckerby!!!

and

(26th December 2003...a day never to be forgotten)"

Have you forgotten who it was who got us both of those things in the first place? Some chap called Nigel... only the saviour of Norwich City, nothing special, you know?

Or have you, as a "Canary Boy" forgotten this? You guys who complain about this manager, and that player and that decision, drive me NUTS!!!

Nigel Worthington - IN! Give him a long-term contract, stability is the only way!

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but anyone who want''s Worthy out is an absolute arse.

Not sure how many times you''re allowed to vote on this thread but I was an OUT a couple of months ago, and I''m still an OUT now because despite what some people think relegated or not isnt really the issue.

Yes I am probably in a minority, but a couple of months into next season when we''re sitting in mid-table table I''ll still be an OUT and I think by then I might be in the majority.

Jason Haden...please don''t, as an inexperienced poster on here, criticize my views. We are all entitled to our own opinion.

I started this poll at a time when Norwich City were playing really badly, the run up to the Man Utd game. I give Nigel his due, it was a spirited fight-back and we only went down by 1 point. I do however, blame him for our 6-0 drubbing against Fulham when all we needed to do was win. Our destiny was in our own hands and I feel we should have been where West Brom are now.

This poll was started to get an accurate score of how people on this board view our manager and whether or not they want him to continue. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine, as is everyone else. So please don''t criticize me otherwise I shall have to ask you to get your hair cut and take a bath...you won''t get hassled so much!

Having had to watch the Fulham game whilst on holiday I was totally disgusted with the tactics of the team. What concerns me even more is some of Worthingtons statements saying that he doesnt believe in 4-5-1 as being to defensive {what other team has all 11 players in the box defending a corner} he prefers the Keegan approach well we can all see Man Citys results are better now Keegan has gone.

Worthington prefers 4-4-2 with Huckerby tackling back as a midfielder Huckerby is not,never has been and never will be IMO a midfielder, a fast forward to partner Ashton. Bentley was our other midfielder wide right what a talent but not a team player well not for Norwich playing for Bentley I believe. It is in this department I believe that we have failed most expecting the other two midfielders to cover for these and thus leaving the defence exposed.

I have also read that Worthington believes we should splash the cash well what happened to last summers signings Charlton, Docherty out of favour Helveg and Saffri only brought in for the last two months and no they werent injured from last August Jonson brought as a centre forward the only position he hasnt played in. Care must be taken before any more spending is undertaken.

I am not certain Worthington is such a great man manager or tactician but neither is any of his other coaching staff.

webteam, can this topic be closed

its old and keeps coming back.

As dd said up there ^^^^ the poll has already been concluded

14 pages - is this the Cheesehead thread...?

Oh no...in, out, in, out shake it all about..Is that a metaphor for the whole manager saga..? If he does the business for the start of the season then fair enough, but if we aren''t top or second by Christmas...

Byeeeee