Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

***SHOCK POLL*** Worhtington IN or OUT? ***VOTE HERE***

Ok, this should get the wind up a few people. Many on this board have been questioning Nigel Worthington recently and his post-match comments about how great our performances are. So let''s find out who is behind Worthy and who is not. All vote here please.

My Vote - OUT!!!

IN

BUT unlike the posters who think he can''t do any wrong, I would see what he does in terms of team selection (and results / performances) until the end of this season. If this slide continues he needs to have his card marked by the Board that they will be expecting a siginficant upturn next season.

Both the Board AND Worthy must have a thorough review in May of what went right, what went wrong and what they have learned. Any successful business would go through this process. Unfortunately I have no confidence in the Board (or Worthy) at all that this is what they / he will do. The Board / Manager relationship is far too cosy and back slapping for me. On a number of occasions since December 2000 he has ''faced up'' to the Board who have backed down and given him  what he wants in terms of his own contract and cash to keep buying (or should that be ''wasting''?) on new players.        

[quote]IN BUT unlike the posters who think he can''t do any wrong, I would see what he does in terms of team selection (and results / performances) until the end of this season. If this slide continues he n...[/quote]

I''m with Yellow Rider on this one .......... IN.

The Board needs to mark Worthy''s report card on this season and sit down at season''s end to discuss what he thinks should change to make things better. If we''re sitting mid-table of the fizzy league come Christmas next season, if I was a board member I would question his ability for the task.

IN.

However I feel that the coaching staff needs a bit of an overhaul. Livermore and Foley have got stale and run out of ideas, give Dave Williams a chance until the end of the season with some fresh ideas and inject some enthusiasm into the first team squad. When you look back, how successful was Livermore at Spurs and Liverpool?

Nigel. If you drop someone who isn''t playing well it''s not a sign of weakness, so please drop Holt and Fleming and don''t be too stubborn to change the team when you know it isn''t going right. How come thousands of fans can see it but you can''t? It won''t be seen as bowing down to "fan pressure", it will be seen as you doing something which is for the good of the club, and will not affect your pride.

[quote]Ok, this should get the wind up a few people. Many on this board have been questioning Nigel Worthington recently and his post-match comments about how great our performances are. So let''s find out wh...[/quote]

OUT!

Firstly this poll is no shock, and neither should our curent league position be so.

Secondly;

IN.

out but then I''m not holding my breath.  I wonder what a guy has to do to get sacked.