Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Howson Signs (Official)

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I wouldn''t mind betting he''ll be on the bench for the Bolton game.[/quote]

Hmmm. Well we shall no doubt see, Seat 7, but I very much doubt it. Presumably he''s nowhere near the level of fitness that PL demands, and he''ll have to get instilled into him the Lambert style and philosophy.

I see Howson as firstly someone else in the squad to help out at the final few weeks of the season, but , more importantly, one for next season and beyond. As others have said, it''s best to get him in now, from both Leeds and our point of view, if for no other reason that presumablt PL knows that others rate him, and, if we''d dithered he''d have been snatched from under or nose.

Of all the comments on waccoe slagging us of and Howson of, this one made me laugh the most. "was only an average at best midfielder im sure matty pattison is just as good." Poor deluded Leeds fans!

[quote user="JF"]Of all the comments on waccoe slagging us of and Howson of, this one made me laugh the most. "was only an average at best midfielder im sure matty pattison is just as good." Poor deluded Leeds fans![/quote]

That is surely sarcasm??!

I wouldn''t bet on it! The whole thread is full of abuse to him and Norwich. Very few of them seem to think he is any good. Think I will take Lamberts opinion of him over theirs.

[quote user="JF"]I wouldn''t bet on it! The whole thread is full of abuse to him and Norwich. Very few of them seem to think he is any good. Think I will take Lamberts opinion of him over theirs.[/quote]

Remember many on WACCOE also said (prior to our last signing from ''The Champions - Champions of Europe'' ??!!) that Bradley Johnson couldn''t pass, would only get one long-distance shot on target every 37 attempts and generally needed a compass to help his direction on a football field. That''s the same Bradley Johnson who is apparently now on the radar of England scouts! Yep, I think Paul Lambert knows best when it comes to judging a player - I suspect he''s bagged himself another ''proper footballer'' here!

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25635

They are gutted. Lovely!!!!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="JF"]I wouldn''t bet on it! The whole thread is full of abuse to him and Norwich. Very few of them seem to think he is any good. Think I will take Lamberts opinion of him over theirs.[/quote]

Remember many on WACCOE also said (prior to our last signing from ''The Champions - Champions of Europe'' ??!!) that Bradley Johnson couldn''t pass, would only get one long-distance shot on target every 37 attempts and generally needed a compass to help his direction on a football field. That''s the same Bradley Johnson who is apparently now on the radar of England scouts! Yep, I think Paul Lambert knows best when it comes to judging a player - I suspect he''s bagged himself another ''proper footballer'' here!

[/quote]

In fairness they weren''t far wrong on the shooting!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

You''re too quick on the draw for me, was just about to post the same!

Just waiting for Wiz to start a thread saying that he never doubted that he''d be a Norwich player![;)]

[/quote]

Oh behave.

What part of my OP ''according to Leeds fans on waccoe'' did you struggle with?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Oh behave.

What part of my OP ''according to Leeds fans on waccoe'' did you struggle with?

[/quote]

The part where you explain why you ALWAYS seem to find something that attempts to cast our club in a bad light

Perhaps it was the dramatically starting of a new thread entitled ''Howson wants to say at leeds''.

Fact is that some of us had been happily discussing the subject (based on waccoe/other comments) without either the need for a new thread, or going at it too dramatically, the previous evening.....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Perhaps it was the dramatically starting of a new thread entitled ''Howson wants to say at leeds''. Fact is that some of us had been happily discussing the subject (based on waccoe/other comments) without either the need for a new thread, or going at it too dramatically, the previous evening.....[/quote]

Yeah, but I thought it was relevent, and its my right to say so.

Wiz - I noted you were happy to argue with other posters but for some reason decided to not answer my question as to who you trusted - Lambert or mischief making Leeds fans or whether you honestly and seriously believed that Lambert/McNally would waste their time trying to sign a player who did not want to come to Norwich City. I have defended you in the past but I have to say you appear to almost thrive on portraying the club in a poor light, I think you would have loved it had Howson not signed.....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I don''t see anyone saying it isn''t. We should be free to post whatever we want, we can ignore what we don''t want to comment on.[/quote]

I agree. And we should be able to comment on any posts we want. As long as the posts aren''t abusive in a personal nature the plastic mods can do one[:#]

[;)]

[quote user="Time For Heroes"][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/25sq6pk.jpg[/IMG][/quote]Great picture!P.S I want a replica of that sign above the tunnel. One above my baby son''s bed and one above the front door - epic

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Time For Heroes"][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/25sq6pk.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Great picture!

P.S I want a replica of that sign above the tunnel. One above my baby son''s bed and one above the front door - epic
[/quote]

I got one behind the bar at bayer club. It''s a replica of the engine plate from the Norwich City steam engine. Mine was brought for me by an engine driver on the North Yorks steam railway. They sold them in the shops at the stations on that line. That was quite a few years ago so don''t know if they still do.

Just been searching on t''internet and can''t seem to find anything. Be interesting if anyone else knows anything and can post on here.

York Canary - look on page 13 -

http://www.procast-shop.com/procat2011fin1.pdf

Full size brass replicas available also 13" brass or resin mini replicas.

Those look excellent Nutty buddy, might get one for a birthday if I hint long enough but also I''d love a full size replica for our new house but they are pricey!

No, you''re not on the list, you''re not getting in :)

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote]

Bradley evidently couldn''t hack it at a bigger club with massive pressure.

Or maybe your idea of a "good" player is different to ours (afterall, we''ve had more of them, good players, than you''ve ever had. Darren Huckerby''s a legend at yours, he was "run Forrest run" at ours). I watched one of your games on sky and Bradley couldn''t give the ball back to the opposition quick enough. And a proper lol at an article done in The Sun as a favour to his agent meaning he''s "on the radar" of the england scouts. Tee hee. Look everyone, he runs 4,235 miles a game, get him in the national side...or maybe Team GB!

Either way I expect Jonny to be a better player at yours than he was at ours. It''s always easier to play in front of families with face painted kids for a club that plays music after goals than an aggressive, partisan bunch of blokes, isn''t it?

[quote user="WW"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote] Bradley evidently couldn''t hack it at a bigger club with massive pressure. Or maybe your idea of a "good" player is different to ours (afterall, we''ve had more of them, good players, than you''ve ever had. Darren Huckerby''s a legend at yours, he was "run Forrest run" at ours). I watched one of your games on sky and Bradley couldn''t give the ball back to the opposition quick enough. And a proper lol at an article done in The Sun as a favour to his agent meaning he''s "on the radar" of the england scouts. Tee hee. Look everyone, he runs 4,235 miles a game, get him in the national side...or maybe Team GB! Either way I expect Jonny to be a better player at yours than he was at ours. It''s always easier to play in front of families with face painted kids for a club that plays music after goals than an aggressive, partisan bunch of blokes, isn''t it?[/quote]

The word from our feeder Club. Just accept and get used to it.

[quote user="WW"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote]

Bradley evidently couldn''t hack it at a bigger club with massive pressure.

Or maybe your idea of a "good" player is different to ours (afterall, we''ve had more of them, good players, than you''ve ever had. Darren Huckerby''s a legend at yours, he was "run Forrest run" at ours). I watched one of your games on sky and Bradley couldn''t give the ball back to the opposition quick enough. And a proper lol at an article done in The Sun as a favour to his agent meaning he''s "on the radar" of the england scouts. Tee hee. Look everyone, he runs 4,235 miles a game, get him in the national side...or maybe Team GB!

Either way I expect Jonny to be a better player at yours than he was at ours. It''s always easier to play in front of families with face painted kids for a club that plays music after goals than an aggressive, partisan bunch of blokes, isn''t it?[/quote]And you fool would know more about face painting than most...........clown.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="WW"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote] Bradley evidently couldn''t hack it at a bigger club with massive pressure. Or maybe your idea of a "good" player is different to ours (afterall, we''ve had more of them, good players, than you''ve ever had. Darren Huckerby''s a legend at yours, he was "run Forrest run" at ours). I watched one of your games on sky and Bradley couldn''t give the ball back to the opposition quick enough. And a proper lol at an article done in The Sun as a favour to his agent meaning he''s "on the radar" of the england scouts. Tee hee. Look everyone, he runs 4,235 miles a game, get him in the national side...or maybe Team GB! Either way I expect Jonny to be a better player at yours than he was at ours. It''s always easier to play in front of families with face painted kids for a club that plays music after goals than an aggressive, partisan bunch of blokes, isn''t it?[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re more than welcome to our average players.

Couldn''t get our best in the summer though could you?

[quote user="WW"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="WW"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote] You''re more than welcome to our average players. Couldn''t get our best in the summer though could you?[/quote]

I think it goes that we get the ones we want. That''s how feeder Club arrangements work. Aren''t you familiar with them?

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]Those look excellent Nutty buddy, might get one for a birthday if I hint long enough but also I''d love a full size replica for our new house but they are pricey! No, you''re not on the list, you''re not getting in :)[/quote]

You got some brass neck on you Ruddy buddy. You won''t let me on your list and then hint at me spending 48 quid on your birthday present.[:@]

You''re ''avin a giraffe buddy!

Mrs Crouch ''ad one of them too....