Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Howson Signs (Official)

Well I wasn''t suggesting you buy me one Nutty buddy, rather someone a bit dearer to me but obviously if you are that desperate there''s more than one way to get on the list I''ll pm you my birthday, don''t worry you''ve time to save up!

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="WW"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="WW"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="JF"]I wouldn''t bet on it! The whole thread is full of abuse to him and Norwich. Very few of them seem to think he is any good. Think I will take Lamberts opinion of him over theirs.[/quote]

Remember many on WACCOE also said (prior to our last signing from ''The Champions - Champions of Europe'' ??!!) that Bradley Johnson couldn''t pass, would only get one long-distance shot on target every 37 attempts and generally needed a compass to help his direction on a football field. That''s the same Bradley Johnson who is apparently now on the radar of England scouts! Yep, I think Paul Lambert knows best when it comes to judging a player - I suspect he''s bagged himself another ''proper footballer'' here!

[/quote] Bradley evidently couldn''t hack it at a bigger club with massive pressure. Or maybe your idea of a "good" player is different to ours (afterall, we''ve had more of them, good players, than you''ve ever had. Darren Huckerby''s a legend at yours, he was "run Forrest run" at ours). I watched one of your games on sky and Bradley couldn''t give the ball back to the opposition quick enough. And a proper lol at an article done in The Sun as a favour to his agent meaning he''s "on the radar" of the england scouts. Tee hee. Look everyone, he runs 4,235 miles a game, get him in the national side...or maybe Team GB! Either way I expect Jonny to be a better player at yours than he was at ours. It''s always easier to play in front of families with face painted kids for a club that plays music after goals than an aggressive, partisan bunch of blokes, isn''t it?[/quote]

The word from our feeder Club. Just accept and get used to it.

[/quote] You''re more than welcome to our average players. Couldn''t get our best in the summer though could you?[/quote]

I think it goes that we get the ones we want. That''s how feeder Club arrangements work. Aren''t you familiar with them?

[/quote]

You get the ones you want?

How does that work when you were bidding for Snoddy all summer (confirmed by Grayson) and couldn''t get him so went for your second choice Pilkington instead?

We''re in the Prem, you''re in the Championship ... get used to it, cos that''s how it''s going to stay. Your jealous bitching is getting a bit boring.

I''d love to chat with you WW but that dogs dinner of a post is givin'' me a headache.

If what you''re saying is Lambert wanted Snodgrass then we''ll have to see what happens in the summer. Of course "Snoddy" may sign a new contract before then which would make all of this academic.

I''m rather liking this relationship between our two clubs. It reminds me  of Liverpool and Crewe a few years ago. It''s not all one way though. When we get the category A academy status we may end up with a few youngsters that could get experience in the lower leagues with you.

[quote user="WW"]

How does that work when you were bidding for Snoddy all summer (confirmed by Grayson) and couldn''t get him so went for your second choice Pilkington instead?[/quote]And based upon the season so far, Pilks has been the better choice.

Pilks- 5 goals 1 assist

Snodgrass- 10 goals 9 assists

I''ve seen Pilkington play a lot.

Snodgrass by far the better player so don''t be silly.

The former is playing in a higher league - I presume that''s escaped your attention?

Snodgrass will be in the same league by the summer anyway...

Snodgrass has talent, don''t get me wrong, but Pilkington definitely suits our style of play. You can keep him.

[quote user="WW"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="WW"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="WW"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="JF"]I wouldn''t bet on it! The whole thread is full of abuse to him and Norwich. Very few of them seem to think he is any good. Think I will take Lamberts opinion of him over theirs.[/quote]

Remember many on WACCOE also said (prior to our last signing from ''The Champions - Champions of Europe'' ??!!) that Bradley Johnson couldn''t pass, would only get one long-distance shot on target every 37 attempts and generally needed a compass to help his direction on a football field. That''s the same Bradley Johnson who is apparently now on the radar of England scouts! Yep, I think Paul Lambert knows best when it comes to judging a player - I suspect he''s bagged himself another ''proper footballer'' here!

[/quote] Bradley evidently couldn''t hack it at a bigger club with massive pressure. Or maybe your idea of a "good" player is different to ours (afterall, we''ve had more of them, good players, than you''ve ever had. Darren Huckerby''s a legend at yours, he was "run Forrest run" at ours). I watched one of your games on sky and Bradley couldn''t give the ball back to the opposition quick enough. And a proper lol at an article done in The Sun as a favour to his agent meaning he''s "on the radar" of the england scouts. Tee hee. Look everyone, he runs 4,235 miles a game, get him in the national side...or maybe Team GB! Either way I expect Jonny to be a better player at yours than he was at ours. It''s always easier to play in front of families with face painted kids for a club that plays music after goals than an aggressive, partisan bunch of blokes, isn''t it?[/quote]

The word from our feeder Club. Just accept and get used to it.

[/quote] You''re more than welcome to our average players. Couldn''t get our best in the summer though could you?[/quote]

I think it goes that we get the ones we want. That''s how feeder Club arrangements work. Aren''t you familiar with them?

[/quote]

How does that work when you were bidding for Snoddy all summer (confirmed by Grayson) and couldn''t get him so went for your second choice Pilkington instead?[/quote]Well done WW, you make that point, and shout it loud so we can all know Leeds are massive.bless

I really don''t understand why this Leeds fan is so bitter about this transfer. He should be used to seeing their best players leave, as historically Leeds have always been a selling club. See you again in the summer WW when we come back for Snodgrass. Keep selling your best players and you will soon be back where you belong.

[quote user="JF"]I really don''t understand why this Leeds fan is so bitter about this transfer. He should be used to seeing their best players leave, as historically Leeds have always been a selling club. See you again in the summer WW when we come back for Snodgrass. Keep selling your best players and you will soon be back where you belong.[/quote]

Unfortunately, he doesn''t realise that there are two sides to every arrangement. They can also get some benefit if only he understood that we are more than happy to loan young fringe players to lower league northern clubs, e.g. Oldham and Bradford City to name but two, to obtain some first team experience in an inferior league.

I think you really need to get over yourself WW. The modern reality of football is simple and has been for years. If you are in the Premiership with the increased media exposure and offer of higher wages you will attract the best players.

I think most Norwich fans would accept that Jonny Howson would never have considered leaving Leeds for Norwich had we been in the same division. Likewise I am certain Grant Holt would not leave Norwich for Leeds if we were still in the same league.

Fortunately for us we have a very supportive board who appreciated we have an absolute managerial genius who had to be backed to the hilt. Unfortunately for you Bates hasn''t been so accommodating and that has sapped you of the upward momentum you were building, which is everything in football. As a result you didn''t make it and you starting to count the cost.

You can resort to cheap jibes about history and prestige but football is all about the present state of affairs. There are many clubs with fabulous histories in the Championship such as Derby, Forest and Ipswich. It hasn''t made any of those three immune from flirting horrendously with League 1 football in the last 18 months.

[quote user="Jacko"]I think you really need to get over yourself WW. The modern reality of football is simple and has been for years. If you are in the Premiership with the increased media exposure and offer of higher wages you will attract the best players.

I think most Norwich fans would accept that Jonny Howson would never have considered leaving Leeds for Norwich had we been in the same division. Likewise I am certain Grant Holt would not leave Norwich for Leeds if we were still in the same league.

Fortunately for us we have a very supportive board who appreciated we have an absolute managerial genius who had to be backed to the hilt. Unfortunately for you Bates hasn''t been so accommodating and that has sapped you of the upward momentum you were building, which is everything in football. As a result you didn''t make it and you starting to count the cost.

You can resort to cheap jibes about history and prestige but football is all about the present state of affairs. There are many clubs with fabulous histories in the Championship such as Derby, Forest and Ipswich. It hasn''t made any of those three immune from flirting horrendously with League 1 football in the last 18 months.[/quote]

A good, well reasoned post.

You''re in the minority on here though.

Sadly most on here are still reeling from getting a few slaps from our less intelligent/likeable supporters who didn''t take too kindly to you giving it the big un at Carrow Rd last season. Get over it, what did you expect would happen after your taunts? A pat on the back and a pint?

And no, I still don''t believe your accusations that women and children were assaulted outside the ground. If that happened it will have been entirely accidental, even our knuckle draggers aren''t that low.

[quote user="WW"][quote user="Jacko"]I think you really need to get over yourself WW. The modern reality of football is simple and has been for years. If you are in the Premiership with the increased media exposure and offer of higher wages you will attract the best players. I think most Norwich fans would accept that Jonny Howson would never have considered leaving Leeds for Norwich had we been in the same division. Likewise I am certain Grant Holt would not leave Norwich for Leeds if we were still in the same league. Fortunately for us we have a very supportive board who appreciated we have an absolute managerial genius who had to be backed to the hilt. Unfortunately for you Bates hasn''t been so accommodating and that has sapped you of the upward momentum you were building, which is everything in football. As a result you didn''t make it and you starting to count the cost. You can resort to cheap jibes about history and prestige but football is all about the present state of affairs. There are many clubs with fabulous histories in the Championship such as Derby, Forest and Ipswich. It hasn''t made any of those three immune from flirting horrendously with League 1 football in the last 18 months.[/quote] A good, well reasoned post. You''re in the minority on here though. Sadly most on here are still reeling from getting a few slaps from our less intelligent/likeable supporters who didn''t take too kindly to you giving it the big un at Carrow Rd last season. Get over it, what did you expect would happen after your taunts? A pat on the back and a pint? And no, I still don''t believe your accusations that women and children were assaulted outside the ground. If that happened it will have been entirely accidental, even our knuckle draggers aren''t that low.[/quote]

you sir are in denial. that is all

[quote user="WW"][quote user="Jacko"]I think you really need to get over yourself WW. The modern reality of football is simple and has been for years. If you are in the Premiership with the increased media exposure and offer of higher wages you will attract the best players. I think most Norwich fans would accept that Jonny Howson would never have considered leaving Leeds for Norwich had we been in the same division. Likewise I am certain Grant Holt would not leave Norwich for Leeds if we were still in the same league. Fortunately for us we have a very supportive board who appreciated we have an absolute managerial genius who had to be backed to the hilt. Unfortunately for you Bates hasn''t been so accommodating and that has sapped you of the upward momentum you were building, which is everything in football. As a result you didn''t make it and you starting to count the cost. You can resort to cheap jibes about history and prestige but football is all about the present state of affairs. There are many clubs with fabulous histories in the Championship such as Derby, Forest and Ipswich. It hasn''t made any of those three immune from flirting horrendously with League 1 football in the last 18 months.[/quote] A good, well reasoned post. You''re in the minority on here though. Sadly most on here are still reeling from getting a few slaps from our less intelligent/likeable supporters who didn''t take too kindly to you giving it the big un at Carrow Rd last season. Get over it, what did you expect would happen after your taunts? A pat on the back and a pint? And no, I still don''t believe your accusations that women and children were assaulted outside the ground. If that happened it will have been entirely accidental, even our knuckle draggers aren''t that low.[/quote]

Really do talk bollocks don''t you? Entirely accidental? Right, I''ve had enough of you...now FUCK OFF

[quote user="WW"][quote user="Jacko"]I think you really need to get over yourself WW. The modern reality of football is simple and has been for years. If you are in the Premiership with the increased media exposure and offer of higher wages you will attract the best players.

You can resort to cheap jibes about history and prestige but football is all about the present state of affairs. There are many clubs with fabulous histories in the Championship such as Derby, Forest and Ipswich. It hasn''t made any of those three immune from flirting horrendously with League 1 football in the last 18 months.[/quote]

Sadly most on here are still reeling from getting a few slaps from our less intelligent/likeable supporters who didn''t take too kindly to you giving it the big un at Carrow Rd last season. Get over it, what did you expect would happen after your taunts? A pat on the back and a pint?

And no, I still don''t believe your accusations that women and children were assaulted outside the ground. If that happened it will have been entirely accidental, even our knuckle draggers aren''t that low.[/quote]I think most had forgotten about that actually. And they''re not just accusations, I clearly saw at least 3 Leeds fans eating babies.Anyways I actually like Leeds, I would have loved it had we both gone up to the Premier League as we''ve had some good old battles on the pitch the last 2 years. I don''t see the need to come on here and start making ridiculous arguments like it''s because of the crowd that people do well at Norwich, etc. Norwich was the first club where Huckerby learned to get his head up and was actually told off for being too unselfish several times, so he had certainly changed since his Leeds days, he also loved Norwich and still does, which is why he''s a bit of a legend here.So if you''re gonna give a bit of stick you get some back, there''s no need to start throwing your toys out the pram. Everything will be alright. When we get Snodgrass...WW...are you the famous Whitby White?

WW = Willard Whyte the multi billionaire eccentric from Las Vegas. Willard''s been kicking himself for not beating The Bates Motel Group to the purchase. He had big plans to turn the whole stadium into a wind farm. As it turned out Bates beat him to that too with the fans talented assistance.

WW is a bitter and broken man.

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="WW"][quote user="Jacko"]I think you really need to get over yourself WW. The modern reality of football is simple and has been for years. If you are in the Premiership with the increased media exposure and offer of higher wages you will attract the best players.

And no, I still don''t believe your accusations that women and children were assaulted outside the ground. If that happened it will have been entirely accidental, even our knuckle draggers aren''t that low.[/quote]I think most had forgotten about that actually. And they''re not just accusations, I clearly saw at least 3 Leeds fans eating babies.Anyways I actually like Leeds, I would have loved it had we both gone up to the Premier League as we''ve had some good old battles on the pitch the last 2 years. I don''t see the need to come on here and start making ridiculous arguments like it''s because of the crowd that people do well at Norwich, etc. Norwich was the first club where Huckerby learned to get his head up and was actually told off for being too unselfish several times, so he had certainly changed since his Leeds days, he also loved Norwich and still does, which is why he''s a bit of a legend here.So if you''re gonna give a bit of stick you get some back, there''s no need to start throwing your toys out the pram. Everything will be alright. When we get Snodgrass...WW...are you the famous Whitby White?[/quote]

"I clearly saw at least 3 Leeds fans eating babies."

Haha, see why aren''t there more like you on here?

I actually came on here initially and said "Howson is average in midfield but one of the best in the league behind the front man. He''s been largely forgettable for us (as he''s played most of his time here in midfield) and won''t be missed by a lot of the support but Lambert will get the best out of him and I expect him to be better for you than he was for us"

And I was greeted with: "oooooh sour grapes. Funny how everyone is ''average'' once they leave mighty Leeds isn''t it?"

If you get Snodgrass I will not be on here telling you he''s average because he''s anything but. If you were to get Clayton I wouldn''t be on here telling you he''s average because he''s one of the brightest midfielders in the league. If you were to get Lees or White I wouldn''t be saying they were average, I''d be saying they''re two of the most promising players in the Championship.

Howson has played over 200 games for us, I would say he''s stood out in a fifth of those and has been utterly forgettable in the rest. But...you have a better manager than Wise, McAllister and Grayson so he will reach his potential with you no doubt.

As for you forgetting about us raping and pillaging at Carrow Rd, look at the two posts above yours.

WW - if people say your name aloud three times do you always turn up or do you get delayed at some of the other clubs fans websites where they don''t take you seriously either?

Unfortunately WW I would like to disagree with you there. I thought the behaviour of some Leeds fans was absolutely disgraceful. Particularly in the League 1 season. I was walking along around the back of the Barclay and a Leeds fan spat in my face, it was completely unprovoked. If it has ever happened to you will know it is pretty disgusting and unpleasant.

I appreciate the Leeds fans were frustrated by the frankly inept policing and inadequate provisions for keeping them held back at the end of the game. I also appreciate that they were frustrated at losing to us and the fact that they were being goaded about potentially being stuck in League 1 for another season.

But you can see why Leeds fans carry such a reputation surely? That is the only trouble I have encountered in the 18 years I have attended football matches.

Why feed this Dirty Leeds troll who thinks he should tell us what we should and shouldn''t say on our own forum?

Well ww your entitled to your opinion on your players that leave you but your not the Leeds fans spokesman and its only one fans opinion. I''ve spoken to 3 separate fans that don''t know each other. Two are Season ticket holders and one is a member at elland rd. One said to me several months ago he didn''t rate howson calling him very average. The same guy said Johnson is no premier league player. The other two said similar about Johnson but are both gutted about howson. Both really rate him and believe he will set the Premiership a light. All opinions that really don''t matter. What matters is Lambert thinks he is good enough and if he thinks he is good enough then its good enough for me and I will judge young Jonny in a yellow shirt.

I''ve been amused by this thread since the start but decided not to post in it until now as I must ask ww how you can accidently assault someone?

[quote user="Jacko"]Unfortunately WW I would like to disagree with you there. I thought the behaviour of some Leeds fans was absolutely disgraceful. Particularly in the League 1 season. I was walking along around the back of the Barclay and a Leeds fan spat in my face, it was completely unprovoked. If it has ever happened to you will know it is pretty disgusting and unpleasant.

I appreciate the Leeds fans were frustrated by the frankly inept policing and inadequate provisions for keeping them held back at the end of the game. I also appreciate that they were frustrated at losing to us and the fact that they were being goaded about potentially being stuck in League 1 for another season.

But you can see why Leeds fans carry such a reputation surely? That is the only trouble I have encountered in the 18 years I have attended football matches.[/quote]

I can only apologise for that.

I''ve been supporting Leeds since ''89 and I can honestly say I''ve never seen a Leeds supporter spit in an innocent bystanders face so you can rest assured that that was an isolated innocent and certainly doesn''t represent our fans as a whole.

The only trouble I''ve seen involving Leeds fans has been courted by the opposing support. Drunk, knuckle draggers punching like minded drunk knuckle draggers. In 22 years I have never seen an innocent "scarfer" assaulted. It just doesn''t happen from my experience so I can only say the savage beatings your women and babies apparently took from the Leeds hoard at Carrow Rd were extremely out of character.