Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Howson Signs (Official)

Well near enough:Stand by - we hope to have some transfer news for you within the next half-hour or so!From the @NorwichCityFC account.We can put any worries to bed now.

You''re too quick on the draw for me, was just about to post the same!

Just waiting for Wiz to start a thread saying that he never doubted that he''d be a Norwich player![;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

You''re too quick on the draw for me, was just about to post the same!

Just waiting for Wiz to start a thread saying that he never doubted that he''d be a Norwich player![;)]

[/quote]Haha well I guess that''s the luxury of working with Twitter!I have no doubt, I''m sure he probably saw it in his crystal ball this morning.  In Lambert he trusts eh [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Some transfer news doesn''t necessarily mean Howson. Maybe we''ve intercepted Fozzy on the way to Wolverhampton for an emotional return [;)][/quote]It would be emotional alright Shack, we''d all be in bloody tears! [:''(]

It could be a double signing?

Must be a reason why his transfer has taken so long to go through, if he had his medical on Friday, latest it should have been announced was yesterday. Transfers go through in a few hours on deadline day, why does it take to long before that?

Was surprised enough to see the whole process unfold with comments from the club/Lambert, accepted bid announced, personal terms agreed announced, medical completed announced. Can''t remember too many other transfers (at least under Lambert) being so out in the open as this one.... I could be completely wrong though.

Hopefully another great signing though, certainly looks the part and hopefully will be fit pretty soon, him with Vaughan coming back as well could be what we need to just add a little more depth/option to the squad, without having the break the bank any further, leaving room to improve (and a little extra cash) for next season.

Norwich

City FC

TRANSFER NEWS - Midfielder Jonny Howson,

23, has signed a 3 & a half year deal with City and will join from Leeds for

an undisclosed fee.

Just Tweeted:

Norwich City FC @NorwichCityFC Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

TRANSFER NEWS - Midfielder Jonny Howson, 23, has signed a 3 & a half year deal with City and will join from Leeds for an undisclosed fee.

From the club''s Twitter account:

TRANSFER NEWS - Midfielder Jonny Howson, 23, has signed a 3 & a half year deal with City and will join from Leeds for an undisclosed fee.

This forum is going to the dogs. Multiple posts AND users with multiple logins. Beaus is barbie is NY is Pete. It''s a conspiracy that only Wiz can solve! (in his head)

Howson doesn''t look happy in the photos on the official site I reckon he''s angling for a move away already. Besides there doesn''t seem to be any team mates anywhere near him, which is a sure sign of the above.

This is the kind of player you can attract when you are a Premier League club looking upwards rather than seeing 17th as an achievement. Very much doubt he would have joined if we were stuck in a relegation battle.

I hope he isn''t going to be a player who finds it difficult to settle. I don''t know what his domestic arrangements are but we seem to do better with family men. All his respects to Leeds are all well and good but he wasn''t appearing to relish much here aside from being in the Premier League. I wonder whether he has been wavering these past few days.

Everyone has their own club as a fan but that Club''s management didn''t want him whereas Norwich City do. Hopefully, the cameraderie around the squad will soon settle him.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I hope he isn''t going to be a player who finds it difficult to settle. I don''t know what his domestic arrangements are but we seem to do better with family men. All his respects to Leeds are all well and good but he wasn''t appearing to relish much here aside from being in the Premier League. I wonder whether he has been wavering these past few days.

Everyone has their own club as a fan but that Club''s management didn''t want him whereas Norwich City do. Hopefully, the cameraderie around the squad will soon settle him.

[/quote]

Howson has engineered this move away from Leeds all by himself by refusing to sign a new contract there - of course he''s going to say nice thigns about Leeds but I don''t think that brings into question his commitment for playing for Norwich (yet).

I''m almost certain he would have had moments of doubt about the move, but this comes from only ever being a Leeds player. James Vaughan spoke of his regret at leaving Everton in the summer but hasn''t shown any signs of not wanting to be here.

Fair points Bethnal; but Vaughan was first to sign for us in the summer and seemed very keen to join.

I don''t doubt Howson''s professionalism but a player needs to be happy off the pitch too. As I said, once he meets his team-mates (and his captain) I hope he will quickly feel ''in the fold.''

WACCOE is in meltdown. They are disgusted that he has gone to Norwich.

Leeds are a sinking ship, johnson and howson are examples of this!