Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Which Grant, Roeder, Gunn managed player would Lambert have improved most ?

Knowing now what we know about Lambert and his ability to make players from lower down the football pyramid perform at a higher level, who would he have had the biggest impact on from the previous regimes.

When you see that Lappin was discarded out on loan and on his way out, yet came back and played a decent part in two promotion campaigns it makes you wonder just who else could have been rescued.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]David Bell? A similar player to Andrew Surman in many ways.[/quote]

Is he?

I don''t think they play the same kind of game, I also think Surman is a far better all round player than David Bell will ever be.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]David Bell? A similar player to Andrew Surman in many ways.[/quote]

Is he?

I don''t think they play the same kind of game, I also think Surman is a far better all round player than David Bell will ever be.

[/quote]

I''d say so. A good passer, comfortable on the ball, no pace, derided by some for being ''lightweight''. I''m not saying that he''s as good as Surman but there are definite similarities in their style.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="GJP"]

Is he?

[/quote]

I''d say so. A good passer, comfortable on the ball, no pace, derided by some for being ''lightweight''. I''m not saying that he''s as good as Surman but there are definite similarities in their style.

[/quote]

I''d say Surman''s short passing and link up play with his team mates is a lot better.

David Bell preferred to get the crosses into the box and didn''t offer a lot in the way of movement or working for his team off the ball.

I agree they could both do with a bit more pace but other than that I wouldn''t really liken them as players.

[quote user="city till i die"]Look what he has done to wessi... [/quote]

No doubt Paul Lambert gets the best out of players but Wes has benefited by having better players around him than he did earlier in his Norwich career.

He was lacking players who were on his wavelength but now he''s got people around him who can compliment his ability and do it justice.

People who say Surman is a lightweight need to get their eyes checked.

He hasnt go lightening pace but he has got pace. He is a stronger player than Fox too. He is probably our best all round midfielder and one of the best hitters of the ball in terms of crossing and set pieces. Pilkington and Fox are probably better at direct free kicks but out wide Surman every time.

Sorry, can''t agree with Etuhu - he looks now like he always has - lazy and un -interested.I think the main player who I would have like to see work with PG would have been Hux. If he fixed his troublesome hip, I''m sure we would have had another good 2 or 3 seasons out of him. He may also have been encouraged to change his game a bit, like Giggs did when he lost his pace.

Yup. Hux all the way. Can you imagine if we had played the diamond midfield with Holt and Hux upfront and Wes in behind?

Chris Brown >> Peter CrouchJon Otsemobor >> Glen JohnsonMark Fotheringham >> Joey BartonMatty Pattison >> Steven IrelandGinger Pelé >> Pelé