Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Another keeper?

I know it''s the Mirror and I know it''s hard to believe much of what is said in there, but aparently we''re after Rochdale''s keeper as a ''replacement for the departing Green''. Our scouts apparently only noticed this keeper properly when they were looking at another of Rochdale''s players, the striker, Grant Holt

I know it''s probably tabloid gossip but it''s stupid, do we really need another ''keeper?

[quote]I know it''s the Mirror and I know it''s hard to believe much of what is said in there, but aparently we''re after Rochdale''s keeper as a ''replacement for the departing Green''. Our scouts apparently only...[/quote]

It also says in The People that we are going to sign Michael Chopra i dont know why we dont look at Lee Trundle who scores goals and as got skill

It says in the People we are going to sign Michael Chopra if we are going to sign a striker we should take a look at Lee Trundle at Swansea who scores loads of goals and looks quite skilful i know its 3rd division but worth a look

Sort the defence out so it defends, we won''t need a keeper. Just hope they get plenty of money for Green then we wont have to lose too many of the rest of the squad. My mate who watches Arsenal nearly every game said that we have a really good looking team, and they DO have what it takes to win. But there are just too many silly mistakes! Especially in defence.

[quote]Sort the defence out so it defends, we won''t need a keeper. Just hope they get plenty of money for Green then we wont have to lose too many of the rest of the squad. My mate who watches Arsenal nearly...[/quote]

They don''t have what it takes to win I''m afraid, and that''s why we are now 6 points adrift at the bottom.

When we beat them just 6 games ago would you have predicted we''d lose the next 5 and be 7 points behind the Baggies by then.

It''s all very well saying that the gulf is to big and admiring the likes of Henry, but West Brom have done what we could/should, and as a result they will go to the end of the season really hoping and even believing.

I''m afraid it''s more of a wimper for us now and at this rate we''ll end up with less points than the hapless Wolves got last season!

Guess which 2 teams everyone around here supports!

Take it with a pinch of salt. After all the same paper had an article saying that Green would be in a bidding war between Man U and Arsenal. Turned over the page and it had articles on the two teams chasing other keepers

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I know it''s the Mirror and I know it''s hard to believe much of what is said in there, but aparently we''re after Rochdale''s keeper as a ''replacement for the departing Green''. Our scouts apparently only noticed this keeper properly when they were looking at another of Rochdale''s players, the striker, Grant Holt

I know it''s probably tabloid gossip but it''s stupid, do we really need another ''keeper?

[/quote]Bumped for the benefit of Bob Franklin who believes Gunny was responsible for ''discovering'' Holty

i think it is fair to say that anyone with a decent interest in football would have known about holt. The diff is that Gunn took that interest a little further and signed the first decent targetman we''ve had since we lost  (C)ashton...  rightly or wrongly people knock gunny. however i don''t think he can be really knocked on the players he signed. yes some haven''t worked out (whaley for one, Maric for another and theoklitos for the set) but then again all managers get it wrong when signing players... Ferguson for example... kleberson, bellion, djemba djemba, tiabi... i could name more...  Gunn got Holt in, signed Wiggins (who i think will be a very decent signing) Askou is solid at the back and Hughes has looked very nifty in midfield. Obviously Lambert is streets ahead in the ability stakes when managing norwich but i think credit where it is due. It was Gunn who signed holt, and fair play to him. I am moore interested though in who Lambert is going to bring in this Jan. upfront looks the best i''ve seen it in years, Martin has really impressed me and in my mind is a bit of an unsung hero... hoolahan and holt... well i''d say they''re as good as any other strike partnership in the league... and i include the leeds and southampton strikers in this. As for the defence. i think Lambert needs to splash the cash oon a new centre back to play alongside Askou.

One with (dare i say it...) Pace?!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Did the other manager buy them? No, did Gunn? Yes. End off.[/quote]And would the majority of Div 3 managers have bought Holt if the had the money or chance?  Yes...