Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Howson goals - all types.

Cheers for that.A right mixed bag of goals.The comments on the bottom are good as well[Y]

I''m a Leeds fan and just signed up to say you''re getting a extremely good player in Howson, that is providing you play him in AM and not further back. He''s a hard working player but his real strengths are getting forward running at players and he''s a very good passer and finisher, he''ll undoubtedly be a success. I hope he does well for you, if Bradley Johnson can (who''s playing above his level IMO ) then Howson certainly will, hopefully it means you''ll stay away from Snoddy though. It''s a shame he had to leave us but with Bates in charge then we''re not going to progress to be in a position where ambitious players want to stay with us, good luck in the league anyway, I would like to say see you next season but unless you come down it isn''t likely.

[quote user="AndyHughesIsFrickingBrilliant"]

I''m a Leeds fan and just signed up to say you''re getting a extremely good player in Howson, that is providing you play him in AM and not further back. He''s a hard working player but his real strengths are getting forward running at players and he''s a very good passer and finisher, he''ll undoubtedly be a success. I hope he does well for you, if Bradley Johnson can (who''s playing above his level IMO ) then Howson certainly will, hopefully it means you''ll stay away from Snoddy though. It''s a shame he had to leave us but with Bates in charge then we''re not going to progress to be in a position where ambitious players want to stay with us, good luck in the league anyway, I would like to say see you next season but unless you come down it isn''t likely.

[/quote]Cheers.Andy hughes was terrible by the way.

Some good strikes there, seems to be happy to hit it with either foot as well. We could do with someone who can give it a dig from distance, is interesting how little we shoot from outside the box.

Some good goals in there, but he won''t get the same time & space in the Prem.! Suspect he''ll have the class to step up though - Lambert obviously does, & he''s rarely wrong.

Andy Hughes wasn''t terrible, he was just played all over the place, never given any kind of consistency and tried to overcomplicate things. If Andy Hughes was ''terrible'' then some of the others we have had must be sunday league standard.

As for Howson, looks like a great addition, could be just what we need as an extra attacking midfield option. Not a winger and different to Hoolahan he will hopefully give us another decent option.

[quote user="Gingerpele"] If Andy Hughes was ''terrible'' then some of the others we have had must be sunday league standard. [/quote]Therein lay the problem...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Andy Hughes wasn''t terrible, he was just played all over the place, never given any kind of consistency and tried to overcomplicate things. If Andy Hughes was ''terrible'' then some of the others we have had must be sunday league standard.

As for Howson, looks like a great addition, could be just what we need as an extra attacking midfield option. Not a winger and different to Hoolahan he will hopefully give us another decent option.[/quote]

[quote user="bailoncfc"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Andy Hughes wasn''t terrible, he was just played all over the place, never given any kind of consistency and tried to overcomplicate things. If Andy Hughes was ''terrible'' then some of the others we have had must be sunday league standard.

As for Howson, looks like a great addition, could be just what we need as an extra attacking midfield option. Not a winger and different to Hoolahan he will hopefully give us another decent option.[/quote][/quote]

Anyone else think that Howson could unlock a yet another formation possibility?

I''m just wondering if Lambo is thinking he could play the "christmas tree" with wes and howson behind holt or morison.

Just noticed he was wearing no.14 for them - watch out Wes! Must be why he opted for 24.

Wes and him on the same pitch? Now that I''d like to see. Lacking width and pace tho.