Sign in to follow this  
K Lo

What teams do you want in the Prem?

I certainly wouldn''t miss Wigan, Stoke, Wolves or QPR from the Prem but what teams would you want instead?I''d go for:Southampton  - Always plenty of goals against them. Score is invariably 5-4, taking it in turns to win.Sheff W &Sheff U - Both Sheff teams have a brilliant fan base and bring a bit of tradition to the league.Notts ForestNotts County - Another city pairing that I think brings great interest from a fans'' point of view.Ipswich - Yeah, yeah, in know but it''ll generate interest on the TV and will be great for football in the regionCambridge United - See above.

I''m from Nottingham, so on one hand it would be nice to have two local away games to get to. On the other, Forest fans are some of the most arrogant, deluded fans I''ve ever met. They still seem to think they''re one of the biggest clubs in the country, despite the fact they''ve not even been in the prem for over a decade, and look like they''re on the way back to League 1. Wouldn''t want them in the prem, just because of that really. (Incidentally, before last weekend, the only time Forest had scored in their previous 11 - yes 11 - games was in a wain against Ipswich! So pretty good statistics all round for me to laugh at there.)

The Sheffield teams would be good. I''ve still never been to Hilsborough, but I''ve always enjoyed the games against United.

And likewise, I wouldn''t mind Ipswich being up here in reality. I mean, it''s nice to laugh at them being the league below, but they''re some of the best games of any season.

Other than those, there isn''t really anyone I''m too fussed about.

I want the exact line up to the very first Premier League.....some small sides, big sides....and a far more even playing field than it is today.

["Row D Seat 7"]Just Norwich. Couldn''t care less about anyone else to be honest.

Well said!

One of the most irritating comments I hear about football, is "It would be wonderful if both Ipsh*t and Norwich were in the Premiership!"

Total bulls*it, I''d love it if the Sc*m became another Bardford or Luton rotting in the lower Leagues. Most Derby games are over rated and ruined by being unneccessarily played on a Sunday. It would be nice to not play them in a League game for a lot of years so we can remember last seasons thrashing as the last for a long time. We can always beat them in the cup!

i want a bit of geographical variability.

so i would have a south coast team like Southampton, a south west team like plymouth, a yorkshire team like sheffield united and maybe an east midlands team like nottingham forest.

i am sick of only having teams in london, the north west, west midlands and north east.

we need teams to mix it up a bit and represent each part of the country. :D

I''d quite like to see Southampton and Forest in the same division as us. Similar sized clubs as us (although Forest obviously have a couple of Big Cup triumphs to boast about) who were up there when I first started watching City in the eighties. Wigan and Bolton can make way for them. I couldn''t give a toss about Ipswich. I wouldn''t wish extinction on anyone but they can float about in the lower leagues for all eternity for all I care.

"It would be wonderful if both Ipsh*t and Norwich were in the Premiership!"

agreed, it would not

Let the thieving lowlife sink to the level that suits them - scrabbling about with Luton and Camb Utd

As to the clubs then I presume it is those that look likely this season. West Ham, good close game for us, likewise Leicester. Not Cardiff as I''m pee''d off with their fans attitude to the English. No one is stopping them jpoing their own Welsh League.

Going out would have to be Wigan, a silly little club in the Premier League, Blackburn who are habitual failures and probably Bolton who would make things a bit easier travel wise.

Why would anyone want the scum in the top flight? I don''t want them even getting a sniff of the money that might save them. I''d happily watch them sink into a murky turd ridden pool never to be seen again.

A despicable club, with despicable values.

Forest can sling their hook too, their fans still think that Man U and Liverpool are their rivals. Cardiff and Swansea can sod off back to Wales.

Who do I want in the Prem? The way I''m going it''ll only be Norwich left!!

Would I be the only one who would like to see Leeds come up? Having met some Leeds fans they aren''t that bad! One of which said he is absolutely gutted they lost Howson, saying he was their best player by a country mile!

Sheffield wednesday have a big fan base I agree but Sheffield utd don''t. They get an ok home follow but are a right fickle bunch . Utd normally bring 500- 700 to carrow rud, Wednesday always sell out our 3000 away allocation. But the answer to your original question is I really don''t care. Although i hate teams like wigan who should be sat in league two. Bank rolled to the prem with no fan base

I don''t want Southampton to come up only because I want our back-to-back achievement to stand for a couple of seasons yet.

Nothing against them as I wouldn''t give a stuff after this season, just don''t want other teams to make it look easy.

[quote user="Harry"]English teams only!![/quote]There are Welsh teams in The Football League, The Conference, and even The Western league. Would you like them removed as well?

I would like any team who''s fans have shown immense loyalty to go up, like we did, our level of support in league 1 was immense. So my votes would go to , Derby County, always have huge home attendancesCrystal Palace, not always a sell out but there fans are some of the more passionateLeeds United''s away support is phenomenal, that can''t be denied, although they only turn up for the big games at home, Brighton & Hove, fantastic away support where ever they go and they sell out at home now.

Teams like Southampton, Reading, Forest, Ipswich etc I couldn''t give a stuff about, because the majority of their fan base shows no loyalty whatsoever so they don''t deserve any success, we supported our club through thick and thin and we are now reaping the rewards and we deserve it!

It is not a matter of choosing teams (how many would have chosen us?)

I would like to see the winner and runner up of the championship plus the winner of the play-off competition

[quote user="ellis206"]Teams like Southampton, Reading, Forest, Ipswich etc I couldn''t give a stuff about, because the majority of their fan base shows no loyalty whatsoever so they don''t deserve any success, we supported our club through thick and thin and we are now reaping the rewards and we deserve it![/quote]Southampton got avarage crowds of over 20,000 in both their recent seasons in League One. Hardly a majority showing no loyalty whatsoever!

To be honest GH I would like to see all Welsh Teams removed from the English Leagues, if they answer to the Welsh FA they should be playing in Welsh Leagues.

Cardiff City and Swansea City both now come under the jurisdiction of the (English) F.A.

The other Welsh clubs that play in English leagues, (Newport County, Wrexham, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Town) however are still affiliated to the Football Association of Wales.

Incidently there are some English clubs who play in the Welsh League system.

swansea and cardiff shouldn''t be in the english leagues so take them out, and relegate wigan (no fans) and stoke (nasty team). put in west spam, scum and doncaster (my 2nd team). jobs a goodun

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="ellis206"]Teams like Southampton, Reading, Forest, Ipswich etc I couldn''t give a stuff about, because the majority of their fan base shows no loyalty whatsoever so they don''t deserve any success, we supported our club through thick and thin and we are now reaping the rewards and we deserve it![/quote]Southampton got avarage crowds of over 20,000 in both their recent seasons in League One. Hardly a majority showing no loyalty whatsoever![/quote]In league 1 they averaged 21k in their first season and 22k last season, their stadium holds just over 32k so that means the stadium only 2 thirds full, those average attendances were boosted by a couple of bumper crowds towards the end of the season. Same as Leeds, they finished with a higher average attendance compared to us by about 200, just due to a couple of massive bumper crowds (vs Huddersfield and Charlton I believe). 

I agree Graham. Welsh teams were invited in to The Football League circ 1920. The League of Wales (now Welsh Premier League) was formed in 1992. Why would full time professional clubs want to quit what they have now for a part time/amateur league? It would be ten times worse than the situation with Celtic and Rangers in the SPL.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="ellis206"]Teams like Southampton, Reading, Forest, Ipswich etc I couldn''t give a stuff about, because the majority of their fan base shows no loyalty whatsoever so they don''t deserve any success, we supported our club through thick and thin and we are now reaping the rewards and we deserve it![/quote]Southampton got avarage crowds of over 20,000 in both their recent seasons in League One. Hardly a majority showing no loyalty whatsoever![/quote]In league 1 they averaged 21k in their first season and 22k last season, their stadium holds just over 32k so that means the stadium only 2 thirds full, [/quote]But Southampton only averaged around 17,000 in their last Championship season, Having a two thirds full stadium doesn''t mean there fan base shows no loyalty if they weren''t filling the ground in the first place. If Carrow Road had a capacity of 32k I think it''s fair to say we''d get bigger crowds in the Prem than we did in League One or Championship.