Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

I think Lambert must be in the running for...

FA Cup runs are nice, but i''d prefer to see us with a rested team on Saturday to prepare us for the trip to Sunderland on Wednesday. I think West Brom will do something similar?

If things continue as they are he must be the Manager of the Season. The only way I can see him not getting it is if Redknapp wins the title.

If he does, i think he deserves it as much as Lambert.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]FA Cup runs are nice, but i''d prefer to see us with a rested team on Saturday to prepare us for the trip to Sunderland on Wednesday. I think West Brom will do something similar?
[/quote]

Currently we are the 9th best side in the country. We have a realistic chance of a sustained run in the FA Cup. It''s entirely possible that we could avoid those clubs above us in the draws. This would be a once in a lifetime oppurtunity for everyone at the club and us fans. Try asking the players if they want to be rested or treat the competition with contempt. For many of them this would be their best chance to win a major trophy.

Holty lifting the cup at Wembley??

You just never know but don''t throw the oppurtunity away!

I get the impression people rate Brendan Rodgers more.

Actually thats great I to think Brenden Rodgers is the best manager in the premier league.

If I was a large club looking to steal a manager ai would choose Brendan Rodgers.

;)

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]I get the impression people rate Brendan Rodgers more.

Actually thats great I to think Brenden Rodgers is the best manager in the premier league.

If I was a large club looking to steal a manager ai would choose Brendan Rodgers.

;)[/quote]Its a very valid point FF. Both Rogers and Lambert are highly regarded.

Manager of the year usually goes to the league winner but if it didn''t this year I''d have Pardew, Redknapp, Rodgers and Lambert roughly on a par

The only manager to win Manager of the Season without winning any trophies was George Burnly with Ipswich when they finished 7th. I would imagine Manager of the Month will go to Martin O''Neill - if the season had started when he took over at Sunderland they would be top of the table. He''s done an incredible job there so far.

It really is going to be a fascinating watch up at the Stadiium of light on 1 Feb - The master versus the pupil.  Let''s see who has the greater tactical nous?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The only manager to win Manager of the Season without winning any trophies was George Burnly with Ipswich when they finished 7th. [/quote]

Ipswich finished 5th and Hodgson won it a couple of years ago without winning a trophy.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The only manager to win Manager of the Season without winning any trophies was George Burnly with Ipswich when they finished 7th. I would imagine Manager of the Month will go to Martin O''Neill - if the season had started when he took over at Sunderland they would be top of the table. He''s done an incredible job there so far.[/quote]I think Lambert has won it with this result today, what an amazing month for Norwich City [:D]