Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

STILL Unbeaten In 2012!

Pretty good start to the year, and when I say pretty good I mean better than we could have ever expected. After today''s result, I have confidence in a positive result on wednesday, will obviously be tough, but hopefully Lambert will see it as a chance for him to personally get off on the right foot against his inspiration/what ever else you want to call MON.

Lambert for manager of the month?

I''m not crowing - but my argument I''ve been putting forward all season seems to bear me out.  I have been saying all season that we should be looking to get something from every game - and we have been close in nearly every game to doing that.   

I''ve lost count of the times people have told  me I am wrong to think that we should be looking to get something from every game, but low and behold - that is what is happening.   

Do people understand now?  The doom and gloom mongers have gone a bit quiet now - but I''m sure they''ll be back if we lose a match or two.  As long as we stay in the present and don''t look too far back or too far forward, we can enjoy this team and manager without fear.   All we need to do is get behind them - they won''t let us down - not under this manager.

If people understood why the club had been successful for the previous two seasons - they might have seen why that was bound to continue.    The PL revolution is just that.  His philosophy marks him out from the rest.    He believes in people - and they respond to him.      There was no need for the worry, angst, negativity (particularly against some of our players) or the little Norwich syndrome that appeared on this board.     After two seasons of promotions suddenly people started saying we were going to get beaten every week. But there was no evidence for this. A case of too many people with stars in their eyes about the premiership, I think.

But - the philosophy is well in place, the confidence is building, the belief is there - long may it continue!

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Do people understand now?  The doom and gloom mongers have gone a bit quiet now - but I''m sure they''ll be back if we lose a match or two. 

[/quote]

Let''s be honest there were very few ''doom and gloom mongers''. There were some people who predicted we woud lose at home to Arsenal (myself included) which you took exception with. But I also predicted we would not be in the bottom three all season and have been encouraging people to think of a European place rather than seventeenth of late. You overreacted a bit but it''s only because you care. Now give me a hug [{][}]

From the old 3rd Division to where we''re at now in successive seasons is nothing short than miraculous.The only thing I can find to grumble about these days is the state of this site.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Do people understand now?  The doom and gloom mongers have gone a bit quiet now - but I''m sure they''ll be back if we lose a match or two. 

[/quote]

Let''s be honest there were very few ''doom and gloom mongers''. There were some people who predicted we woud lose at home to Arsenal (myself included) which you took exception with. But I also predicted we would not be in the bottom three all season and have been encouraging people to think of a European place rather than seventeenth of late. You overreacted a bit but it''s only because you care. Now give me a hug [{][}]

[/quote]

Listen,  I spent weeks arguing with different people - looked at many posts where people were literally ridiculing some of our players - people predicting ridiculous scorelines (not necessarily talking about you), and generally talking us down - I started to wonder about the kind of support we actually have.    There were people who were so obsessed with how the premiership was somehow a   wonderland of football that we wouldn''t be able to compete.   This despite a team and a manager who plainly had a record of success. People would rather have believed the hype that surrounds the premiership than the facts of a successful team and mnanager they had been watching for the previous two seasons.   

Thankfully, the premiership so far has been shown to be just that - hype.    With a good team and manager you can compete - and that was always going to be the case.     There are alot of people, I believe, who are not supporters of the way the premiership has gone - me included - and I am glad that us and Swansea are proving that money isn''t everything at the top level.   With a sensible outlook and a positive attitude you can be successful.    Long may it continue.

Oh yes...........[{][}] 

What you actually argued about was how posters should not be predicting losses against Man U, Man C and Arsenal, which turned out to be the case so I''m not sure how you can argue against that.

Also I don''t know how many times we have to cover this old ground, just because posters predict a loss doesn''t mean they don''t want or would not support the team in the usual manner (i.e positively.)

We all go to games in a positive manner, contrary to how you dress it up.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]What you actually argued about was how posters should not be predicting losses against Man U, Man C and Arsenal, which turned out to be the case so I''m not sure how you can argue against that. Also I don''t know how many times we have to cover this old ground, just because posters predict a loss doesn''t mean they don''t want or would not support the team in the usual manner (i.e positively.) We all go to games in a positive manner, contrary to how you dress it up.[/quote]

That''s just being selective.  My argument was to not be expecting losses against any opposition - not just those three.  Every week people were predicting a loss.  

But like you say, its old ground.    I''m just happy that we''re doing well and progressing as a club.  Long may it continue.

[quote user="Shyster"]The only thing I can find to grumble about these days is the state of this site.[/quote]...well that and black people, according to previous comments of yours.