Sign in to follow this  
PL-Paul Lambert&Premier League

Lets sing about Super Simeon

Take my hat off to him. I really thought he''d be too weak - too easily knocked off the ball - for the PL, but he works so hard in every way to up his game that, like the rest of the squad, he''s making the grade.

As Lambert says, character is paramount.

To the tune of Stereophonics Just Looking ie''I''m just looking.....I''m not buying'' is replaced with:''Simeon Jackson......keeps on scoring''.......and so on.Simple but effective me thinks!

Again how many of us questioned his signing, and ability, when he first joined usThere was a good point made on Radio Norfolk earlier this afternoon where Mark Robins was talking about how Lambert looks to the charactor of the player. A very important point.And one I think underpins our present position, and success. Something I''m afraid many of the whingers and whiners do not grasp. These type of players are not going suddenly lose their backbone/drive/determination and win only one of the next 16 league games.

Super Simeon is on the 18:03 out of Birmingham new street and i''ve just had a chat with him!! I mentioned how clinical his finish was and got a pic with him. Quiet but nice chap. Bit odd why he isn''t on the team coach though. For those who don''t believe me I can post a pic, just not certain how to.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]Super Simeon is on the 18:03 out of Birmingham new street and i''ve just had a chat with him!! I mentioned how clinical his finish was and got a pic with him. Quiet but nice chap. Bit odd why he isn''t on the team coach though. For those who don''t believe me I can post a pic, just not certain how to.[/quote]

If true, whatever kind of chat did you have that omitted the question of "why are you on this train?"

[quote user="City1st"]Again how many of us questioned his signing, and ability, when he first joined usThere was a good point made on Radio Norfolk earlier this afternoon where Mark Robins was talking about how Lambert looks to the charactor of the player. A very important point.And one I think underpins our present position, and success. Something I''m afraid many of the whingers and whiners do not grasp. These type of players are not going suddenly lose their backbone/drive/determination and win only one of the next 16 league games.

[/quote]Only those who could not spot a natural goalscorer if they tattooed "I am a natural scorer" on their wifes backside.

I just went over and said great goal today Simeon, he said thanks and that was about it. I asked if I could have a photo with him and he was fine with it. It wasn''t my business why he was on the train so didn''t pry! Pretty reserved guy all in all. He got off at Sheffield so i''m not worrying about a loan move! Maybe he has family up here. Great day capped off by meeting the match winner!

Pic is on flickr.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/50962102@N04/6778153637/

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]I just went over and said great goal today Simeon, he said thanks and that was about it. I asked if I could have a photo with him and he was fine with it. It wasn''t my business why he was on the train so didn''t pry! Pretty reserved guy all in all. He got off at Sheffield so i''m not worrying about a loan move! Maybe he has family up here. Great day capped off by meeting the match winner!

Pic is on flickr.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/50962102@N04/6778153637/[/quote]Maybe he has a young lady in Sheffield and was visiting her to see if anyone had inked her backside in his absence?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]Super Simeon is on the 18:03 out of Birmingham new street and i''ve just had a chat with him!! I mentioned how clinical his finish was and got a pic with him. Quiet but nice chap. Bit odd why he isn''t on the team coach though. For those who don''t believe me I can post a pic, just not certain how to.[/quote]

If true, whatever kind of chat did you have that omitted the question of "why are you on this train?"

[/quote]Maybe it ties in with Vaughan''s tweet yesterday... - ''School boy error sleeping on the coach simeon'' [:D]

I wouldn''t worry, reading Pilks and Vaughan on twitter, they were meeting Lee Peltier and a few other mates at a service station.

So I guess Lambert let a few of them go their separate ways for the weekend?

[quote user="Bill Car"]To the tune of Outkast''s "Sorry Ms Jackson, I am for real" replace with "Simeon Jackson, he is for real"[/quote][Y]Considering that Simeon was an Outkast amongst most of our supportive fans (who said that he was shite from the moment we signed him and up to date so some claim), I think that is very apt.

I''d thought of this for Elliott Bennet but could be altered for Jackson.

To the tune of Walzing Matilda.

Elliott Bennett, Elliott Bennett, runs down the wing and crosses it in, and we''ll sing and we''ll dance, as Holty takes another chance, Elliott Bennett runs down the wing!

For Jackson it could be

Simeon Jackson, Simeon Jackson, starting or sub he gets us the goals, and we sing and we dance as he smashes in another chance, Simeon Jackson gets us the goals.