Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

FA Cup fifth round: Norwich City v Leicester City

Yep, that''ll do. Leicester are an OK Championsip side with a couple of talented players - Really don''t think they''re that much better than Burnley, and certainly worse than WBA. They get a bigger reputation that their results deserve because they have a decent pot of money to throw about - hasn''t done them much good so far though. I reckon a comfortable win - maybe 3-1 to us.

Other draws look pretty easy for the big teams - the only good news there is one of Sunderland and Arsenal/Villa will be going out. Can''t see too many shocks - Brighton could maybe just pull it off against Liverpool if Dalglish sends out his kids - they''ll have just played Spurs and Man United, with the Carling Cup final and Arsenal next up.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]If we want to win the FA Cup we''ll need to beat teams better than Leicester!...[/quote]

1p5wich managed to avoid anyone decent in 1978...

Cardiff, Hartlepool, Bristol Rovers, Millwall, West Brom and a poor Arsenal in the final.

Maybe it''s our turn...?

Leicester fan''s "underwhelmed" reaction to the draw, many referring to the sh*t journey?!?.....christ they dont know how lucky they are , if this was the other way round a quick trip up the A47 would represent something of a local derby for us!!!!

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/79486-fa-cup-5th-round-norwich-v-leicester/

They are "underwhelmed"! Mid table PL club draws mid table Championship club that we brushed aside last season. It doesn''t exactly get the heart pumping. A draw that should see us through with some ease though.

[quote user="Time For Heroes"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Thank you very much , we owe them one, excellent!
[/quote]
How do we owe them one when we beat them home and away last season?
[/quote]

We lost 0-2 to them in the cup in 63'' at Carrow Rd.

Can''t take anybody lightly but I saw them on Boxing day against 1p5wich  (just to avoid sitting in with the M-I-L)and to be honest they were lucky to get a draw. But with Mr Nugent and Beckford in the team a quick forward line.

We could certainly have drawn worse.

Looking forward to the FA home tie against the Foxes.....should be a good game of football.

Wonder if it will be £15.00 for an adult ticket?

[quote user="Time For Heroes"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Thank you very much , we owe them one, excellent! [/quote]How do we owe them one when we beat them home and away last season?[/quote]Martin O''Neill. We actually owe them about 97.Still, good chance to abuse Jermaine Beckford.  I''d rather have Darren Beckford.

[quote user="First Wizard"]We lost 0-2 to them in the cup in 63'' at Carrow Rd.[/quote]And I was there - record crowd of around 44,000 I recall.Ah, those were the days

[quote user="Time For Heroes"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Thank you very much , we owe them one, excellent! [/quote]How do we owe them one when we beat them home and away last season?[/quote]

March 30th 1963!

Sexual intercourse began

In nineteen sixty-three

(which was rather late for me) -

Between the end of the Chatterley ban

And the Beatles'' first LP.

There are several posters on here giving their age away with references to the Cup game in 1963 so i may as well join them by also saying i was in that record crowd of 43,894.I seem to remember we missed a penalty as well.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]There are several posters on here giving their age away with references to the Cup game in 1963 so i may as well join them by also saying i was in that record crowd of 43,894.I seem to remember we missed a penalty as well.[/quote]

I was also there Mr. Tilson and, as you know, Leicester deserved to win that game. They were a strong side and went on to the final only to lose to Manchester United.

Pro - A winnable tie that should see us into the quarters. Yay!

Con - My Newcastle full weekend away trip could be scuppered and moved to midweek - (2 days needed to be booked off work for less partaaaying) Booo!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]There are several posters on here giving their age away with references to the Cup game in 1963 so i may as well join them by also saying i was in that record crowd of 43,894.I seem to remember we missed a penalty as well.[/quote]

I was also there Mr. Tilson and, as you know, Leicester deserved to win that game. They were a strong side and went on to the final only to lose to Manchester United.

[/quote]i was born 30 years later lol

One thing in our favour is that Leicester play on the Tuesday before playing us and then again on the Thursday after playing us, we on the other hand have a weeks break before playing them and an 8 day break after. [y]

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="First Wizard"]We lost 0-2 to them in the cup in 63'' at Carrow Rd.[/quote]

And I was there - record crowd of around 44,000 I recall.
Ah, those were the days
[/quote]

Me too, will we ever see that attendence again at home.