Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

FA Cup fifth round: Norwich City v Leicester City

Good draw for us, but also good for all the big teams. If we get through this round, the quarter final draw could be daunting.Either way, 2 matches from Wembley!

A good draw I think.  When all the talk is about increasing the ground capacity, and that the all time ground record was for a 5th round match versus Leicester in 1963, what say if this match see the existing all seated record broken - Leicester are bound to go for their full allotment.

Great draw.

Potential shock.

Good opportunity to get through.

Other games are "bigger" so will keep us away from TV which is always a bonus.

Let''s do them!

Well not many Leicester fans are pleased with this..

Very tough draw. Tempted to move my Saturday in work to go though seeing as I have several mates and family down in Norwich.

I''m sure a few of your lads (Vaughan/ Pilks) will love coming up against Peltier, St Ledger, etc..

What sort of price will this be?

Win that one them we are a game away from a semi final then we can maybe get revenge on either Everton (89) or Sunderland (92) who are both still in there .

Leicester are a decent side but looking at the table, they''re right next to Burnley, who didn''t really cause us much obstacle. What''s more is they don''t seem to have pushed on much from last year, whereas we most certainly have; not saying we''re definitely gonna boss ''em but I think we can be quietly optimistic.   Not the easiest tie but certainly a decent shot at getting into the next round.

Well I like that draw way better than some we could have had like Crawley / Stevenage away or one of the big boys which could have been a banana skin or difficult.Do not get me wrong this is still a tough tie as Leicester have quality players but we can win this one and not go into it with nerves as even if we lose will not exactly be big cup shock.

A nice home draw and another few hundred K in the kitty plus good chance of progressing another round.Very content with that.

[quote user="CJ"]Well I like that draw way better than some we could have had like Crawley / Stevenage away or one of the big boys which could have been a banana skin or difficult.Do not get me wrong this is still a tough tie as Leicester have quality players but we can win this one and not go into it with nerves as even if we lose will not exactly be big cup shock.[/quote]oops forgot the out on with to make without!

Really wanted Stevenage or Crawley away, but can''t complain at least we are at home.

Never really liked Leicester City. One of my first memories was Keith Wellar in his wife’s tights scoring against us at a very icy Filbert Street. Think it was 1979 and we lost 3-0.

I''ll be honest, at the start of this month I really was not that bothered about the FA Cup, seeing it as a distraction from the more important task of getting enough Prem points to stay out of trouble.

But a combination of league form, and this draw means we''ll never have a better chance of going on a decent Cup run than this year. If we can account for Leicester, then as othrs have said it''s likely to be one of the big boys in the qtrs, but you never know on a one-off game.....

Didn''t realise Leicester didn''t like us so much. Their forums are not a nice place to be right now, but most notably they seem to say it''ll be a boring game. Bit odd considering we it was 7-5 in our favour last year [:^)]

Darren Eadie and Iwan Roberts are gonna be busy in the build up that''s for sure.  Some of the squad''s tweets prove they are up for it and really looking forward to it, which is a great sign!

[quote user="SW19Canary"]Really wanted Stevenage or Crawley away, but can''t complain at least we are at home.

Never really liked Leicester City. One of my first memories was Keith Wellar in his wife’s tights scoring against us at a very icy Filbert Street. Think it was 1979 and we lost 3-0.[/quote]

yes I remember that one I was there he looked like a right nancy

if we are t win the cup then we have to beat whoever is put in front of us... be it Leicester, Liverpool or whoever...\only 2 teams reach the final and only 1 team wins the thing... we''ll get our chance against a bigger side soon enough until then lets worry about Leicester and see how we do.

Will take that. Home against a Championship side.Will be a tough one, Leciester are much better than Burnley and they will bring a few. Should be a good game just looked at their recent results (Southampton 0-2 Leicester) (Leicester 4-0 Forest) If we put out a full strength team i think Holt, Moro, Jacko, Pilks, Wes, Benno could cause their deffence quite a few problems. don''t particuly rate Mills and St Ledger. I reckon we''ll win it someting like 3-2. [Y]