Sign in to follow this  
YellowCanaryNCFC

Investment good or bad ?

Lets just say Mr Dyson from Cromer came along monday morning and said he wanted to buy Norwich City. Is it a good or bad move? or shall we stay as we are with Delia and co. because it obviously is working. because lamberts clearly shows u dont need millions to compete at PL level.

or are we a sucker for some cash !

[quote user="YellowCanaryNCFC"]Lets just say Mr Dyson from Cromer came along monday morning and said he wanted to buy Norwich City. Is it a good or bad move? or shall we stay as we are with Delia and co. because it obviously is working. because lamberts clearly shows u dont need millions to compete at PL level.

or are we a sucker for some cash !
[/quote]

With Dyson (I know this was just a wealthy name plucked out of the air but has he ever expressed an interest in footie?) or anyone else it would depend entirely on what the deal was.

Well i never knew that, i just had to Wikipedia him. I wonder who he supports (if he even likes footy), i bet he was approached in our global search days?

It isn''t investment though, is it?

If someone comes along, buys the club and then pumps a few more million in, they''re never going to see any return on their money. "Mr Dyson" needs to be a Sugar Daddy, not an investor!

Do we want to buy the premier league title?

I would rather we stay within the bounds of reality.  Sugar Daddy''s come and go - one might get us there for a season or two - then what?  Back into debt with massive wages.

Build on solid foundations and continue to build and keep the club on a stable footing.   We are in a better position than alot of clubs. Lets take advantage of that.

And there is the issue, only rich Russians and Saudis seem to write loans off to the club - How many others out there just lend the money and expect it back. Thats no good to us, better to continue on as we are and owe Dealia a small amount rather than like the scum down the road in debt to the owner by lots and lots of millions.

[quote user="YellowCanaryNCFC"]Lets just say Mr Dyson from Cromer came along monday morning and said he wanted to buy Norwich City. Is it a good or bad move? or shall we stay as we are with Delia and co. because it obviously is working. because lamberts clearly shows u dont need millions to compete at PL level.or are we a sucker for some cash ! [/quote]I think you probably need to go a bit deeper on this subject as the straw man above is Jeremy Kyle-like in its simplicity.For example - does the man want outright control? Is he a benefactor, or is he planning to get a return on his investment?  If so, how?  What''s the five year plan?  The ten year plan?  What''s the commitment to playing staff budget?  What about plans for the stadium?  How will this affect ticket pricing?  What''s his view on the role of supporters other than on matchdays?  What''s his background - did he make his money from Indonesian sweat shops or selling plutonium to Iran, or was it from inventing a device which removed the need for carbon-based fuel sources meaning he saved the planet?Take a look at Blackburn Rovers, who appear not to have asked some of the above questions plus a whole load more, obviously.

Obviously everything is going well at the moment, top half of the Premier League and Round 6 of the FA Cup.

However, if we secure Premiership survival next year (which we are a good chance to do), we will need further investment into the squad as we will no longer be able to "fly under the radar" as people know how we play and what to expect. So the expectations from not only the fans but the removal of any surprise factor means we will probably have another fight on our hands next year and will need to strengthen the squad further except for maybe the goalkeeping ranks.We seem to have three exceptional ypoung keepers all playing well for us at the moment.

I have complete faith in Sir Paul and his team together with McNally and Bowkett to lead us in the right directon but I do think we will need a further cash injection over and above what we would secure from another year in the Premiership. I would like to see our majority owners maintain there position however it would be great to get some like a "Mr Dyson" who needs to be a billionaire these days who would be happy to through some additional cash in whilst happy to leave everything as is.

Take it whoever it was......Sooner a Russian than a giggly tv cook.

I have never seen Delia giggling while cooking, when ever i''ve seen her TV shows, I always thought she was pretty serious...