Sign in to follow this  
Horse Manure

Can Lambert manage one of the big boys?

After the huge success Lambert has achieved with us, many believe he will one day move to one of the big clubs. The success at Norwich has been largely based on ''hungry players'' with no superstars and the emphasis on the team and loyalty to the group.

Moving to a big club would present Lambert with big egos, interfering chairmen, meddling agents and would be alien to everything he seems to thrive on. He would also become more in the spotlight which he always seems to try to avoid. The way he bats off the press at present would also be harder to do at a big club as the press want every detail going.

I believe he is a special talent and would be successful anywhere but i have a nagging doubt that the top players would not respond to his methods and would not buy into the Lambert way.

What are your thoughts?

[quote user="Horse Manure"]After the huge success Lambert has achieved with us, many believe he will one day move to one of the big clubs. The success at Norwich has been largely based on ''hungry players'' with no superstars and the emphasis on the team and loyalty to the group. Moving to a big club would present Lambert with big egos, interfering chairmen, meddling agents and would be alien to everything he seems to thrive on. He would also become more in the spotlight which he always seems to try to avoid. The way he bats off the press at present would also be harder to do at a big club as the press want every detail going. I believe he is a special talent and would be successful anywhere but i have a nagging doubt that the top players would not respond to his methods and would not buy into the Lambert way. What are your thoughts?[/quote]

So you don''t think we are one of the big boys then, shame on you we are on the up up up  

I agree with all the points you make.. he likes bringing talent up through the leagues and inspiring players... wouldnt work so well when the players dont speak good English and have 50k a week... etc..

hopefully good news for Norwich and he will make the club a top-half premiership team with a 40,000 sell out each home game in a few years :)

Without doubt.

I hope he is manager of Norwich City for a long time to come but if he ends up managing a club like Liverpool, Tottenham or Man Utd I would not be surprised in the slightest. Infact I''d be surprised if he didn''t.

Everything I''ve seen so far has him in the highest level of managers. I think the bloke is the next Mourinho, I wouldn''t be surprised if his progress is being noted in Europe at some level. Certainly at Dortmund.

Slightly off topic Uwe Rosler did his coaching badges in Germany. He seems to have a similar philosophy to Lambert and seems to be getting Brentford playing a good fluent style of football. They outplayed Huddersfield the other week and lost due to referee. If the unthinkable happened and we did lose Lambert he might be the closest match.

I think that he is flexible enough to vary his approach to deal with prima donnas, but given his team ethos, he probably would try not to sign any, as they can be destructive to the team.

One of the impressive things about him is the way that players who have been side-lined have still been urging the team on. The only instance I can recall of such "relegated" players complaining was a few weeks back, when Barnett was quoted as saying that he needed regular football. Bennett''s attitude has been very positive since he was the perpetually relegated winger, and Lappin continues to be in PL''s mind for his loyalty and commitment.

The lucky thing for us, is that none of the big clubs would go for Lambert, not because he aint good enough, they will go for some high profile foreign manager, look how well Stoke have done, no one is talking about Pulis moving on, and why would Lambert want to go to a Fulham, Bolton etc

i think the club  most  akin to his style is arsenal so i was glad they won in the cup yesterday. had they lost i imagine the pressure on wenger to go would have become enormous.