Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty one of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week we have another one of our current 90%ers Statto in charge and making the final selections. Statto has been ultra consistent since he joined us His overall record of 65/81 80% is right up there with the best. I think it’s only a matter of time before Statto gets his name on Ray’s signature. In fact I think it’s going to be this week because all you PUPs have been on top form so our luck is due to change. Don’t forget for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website. You can also check this on odds checker.

Now hopefully this site will allow an uninterrupted thread this week. Pete assures me he knows a man who understands this quaint little message board with all it’s quirks and foibles. But on the evidence of this afternoon that man is not all he’s cracked up to be. If this doesn’t work then there’s the face book page. Or my email is canaryeddie@aol.com  but that rather defeats the object which is to display the selections on here for Statto to choose a final six.

So now Ill hand the thread over to Statto. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Jamie ... the free bet is yours.......[:)]...

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, yes Norfolkchance1 £1476 for the Academy,so far.

Stevenage vs Notts County. - The FA Cup

Stevenage have just installed a new manager so their players will be looking to impress. They also put 5 past Rochdale in their last game.

Notts county were beaten by bournmouth at the weekend so will be lower on confidence.

Stevenage have won 6 at home and notts county have lost 9 away.

Stevenage vs Notts County - Home Win.

Stevenage are Evens at Bet 365, good odds I think.

Scottish 3rd division for me

Annan Athletic v East Stirling - Home Win

Annan are 4th (W7 D2 L2 F21 A12 home), E Stirling are bottom (W0 D1 L9 F6 A31 away)

Best of luck Statto, and all you PUPs

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Off to Turkey this week please.

Galatasaray (top of the league, 8-1-1 at home) will be too much for bottom of the table Ankaragucu (1-2-8 away from home).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/turkey_results/tables/default.stm

Good luck to all PUPs, always.

[/quote]

Chops, this game is being played tonight.  Galatasary are currently 3-0 up.....

Statto, I don''t envy you this week. There aren''t many of the traditional home bankers around, hardly any in fact. Even trawling through the FA Cup and the Welsh Cup nothing jumped out at me as nailed on as nailed on can be. If anyone can pick 6 winners this week it''s you, and I am sure you will steer the PUPs happy little ship home safely through the troubled waters.

On to my pick. I was torn between two, Real Madrid and Olympiakos, but keeping with my tradition for this season and going with my very best nap it''s going to have to be -

Real Madrid vs Zaragoza - Home Win

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck Statto[:)][Y]

P.S. I had an absolute mare getting on just to make these two posts.

GENT             V                  St,Truiden            HOME WIN

Good evening to you Nutty,very good luck to you Statto and to all you other PUPs out there despite the messageboard gremlins trying their best for the second week in a row to spoil it for us.

Anyway CIS Cup for me this weekend up in Jockland and in the semi final the game Falkirk v CELTIC an AWAY win for the hoops.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Off to Turkey this week please.Galatasaray (top of the league, 8-1-1 at home) will be too much for bottom of the table Ankaragucu (1-2-8 away from home).http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/turkey_results/tables/default.stmGood luck to all PUPs, always.[/quote]

Chops, this game is being played tonight.  Galatasary are currently 3-0 up.....

[/quote]Oh dear, how embarrassing!  Time for a Plan B....Sunday 3:15pmBottom of the league Doxa Dramas (p14, 6 points) will lose to top of the league Panathinaikos (p18, 45 points).  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/greece_results/tables/default.stm

brighton v newcastle - away win. bit dodgy going for a fa cup game but I cant see past a geordie victory

Going to Holland this week, were Steve McClaren''s side FC Twente will be looking to beat mid table side FC Groningen at home. McClaren having re-joined Twente i''m sure will be going all out to try and win the league again, and their current home record is pretty good standing at 6-3-0, scoring 26 and only conceding 7. FC Groningen aren''t doing too badly in the league, but seem to be relying on their equally good home record, but away from home they have only won once, drawn 3 times and lost 4. Scoring only 9 times in those 8 games, while conceding 18. Seems all to one sided for McClaren''s team.

FC Twente vs FC Groningen- Home win.

Good luck :)

I think a wounded Real Madrid will inflict some serious pain on bottom of the table Zaragoza. Real home win for me.

Best of luck one and all![Y]

Good afternoon one and all and as always Nutty thankyou for that most warmest of welcomes. This is certainly something that I really look forward to but having had a cursory look at the fixture list for this weekend, I feel without doubt that as much much help as possible will be required. I will consider all suggestions and naps, however crazy and far fetched. I plan to post my selection sometime on Friday evening so keep those selections coming and I will return to my plotting, scheming, ruminating and cogitating

Scottish League Two where Cowdenbeath (8-2-0-21-5) entertain Albion (2-1-8-13-29). There can only be one outcome here shirley?Cowdenbeath v Albion........Home win.Good luck Statto. [Y]

Good evening all I wish you the best of luck Statto and to this end I am going for:

Bayern Munich V Wolfsburg - Home Win

Bayern are W3 D0 L2 GF30 GA3 at home so far and both or their losses have come against Munchenglbach (currently 4th) and Dortmund (currently 2nd in the league behind Bayern on gola difference) which were both 1-0 losses.

Wolfsburg on the other hand have a record of W1 D1 L7 GF9 GA25 away from home. Thier onyl away win so far being an opening day win against mid table FC Koln.

With Bayern scoring an average of 3.33 goals a game a home and Wolfsburg conceding an average of 2.77 it looks like a home banker to me.

Good Luck all you pups.

Davo

Having found myself back on the published Pups league I''m again going for an away win - two weeks ago I predicted that Norwich would beat WBA but bottled the sellection and went for Ipswich to get beat so this time...I''m leaving Ipswich alone and my prediction is

Hereford V SHREWSBURY AWAY WIN

Good luck Statto

A trip to Egypt, where Al Ahly SC should beat Al Mokawloon.Al Ahly are second in the league, 5/1/0 at home. Al Mokawloon are in the relegation places and are 0/2/5 away.Al Ahly are unbeaten in 33 league games stretching into last season, and recently beat Al Mokawloon 5-1 away. Their doesnt seem to be a lot of goals in this league, so I dont see this as a cert, but the stats point towards a comfortable win.Best of luck Statto!

Conference for me this week and Luton Town (3rd, home record of 9-3-3-32-10) should see off struggling Alfreton Town (20th, away record of 2-3-10-15-30).Best of luck Statto and all PUPs!

Borrisia Dortmund vs TSG Hoffenheim - HOME WIN

Dortmund have won six out of their eight home games to date and average close to three goals a game at home. Hoffenheim have lost six of their nine away games so far this season and have scored just ten goals away from home.

Good luck Statto.