Sign in to follow this  
Horse Manure

Norwich v Chelsea betting scandal

Just saw this on following link

https://sports.bodog.co.uk/football/england/english-premier-league.htm?marketId=-1&eventId=163786

5-3 to Norwich has been suspended in the betting.

Do they know something we don''t?

I think it as been established bookies are not always right! 

Anyone believing a Premier League game could be rigged to finish 5-3 is an idiot.

I looked at the link in your post not long after you posted it and it was there, it was not suspended, why would it be?

[quote user="Horse Manure"]RE. Jordan Rhodes, if bookies are always right then how did they get this so wrong?[/quote]The bookies didn''t get anything wrong. If 5-3 was suspended temporarily it would simply have been because they became overexposed and were laying it off. What were the odds on a 5-3 norwich win btw? about 500/1 min I''d have thought. £20-£50 at enormous odds is enough to cause a wobble on these small markets as that''s a £25,000 payout on a market which probably didn''t reach £25k total staked.If six people around the country bet a speculative tenner that''s sixty quid in but possibly £30,060 out, would you take those odds?

The bookies didn''t get anything wrong. If 5-3 was suspended temporarily it would simply have been because they became overexposed and were laying it off. What were the odds on a 5-3 norwich win btw? about 500/1 min I''d have thought. £20-£50 at enormous odds is enough to cause a wobble on these small markets as that''s a £25,000 payout on a market which probably didn''t reach £25k total staked.
If six people around the country bet a speculative tenner that''s sixty quid in but possibly £30,060 out, would you take those odds?

Sense

[quote user="Horse Manure"]RE. Jordan Rhodes, if bookies are always right then how did they get this so wrong?[/quote]The bookies NEVER get it wrong. It''s just a few of the simple minded confuse bookies adjusting the odds with boookies estimating the probability of an event happening.Just because the odds on some event happening, have dropped dramatically it doesn''t mean the bookies think it is more likely to happen (they would soon go out of business if they carried on in that way) it just means they are balancing the book.If all the lunatics who recently believed the world was going to end were to have placed a £10 bet at 5 minute intervals the odds on the world ending would drop dramatically. It would not make that event more likely or that the bookies feel it is more likely. It can then be self fulfilling as more of the dimwitted see the odds dropping and so place a bet as " the bookies must know something". Yes they do know something. Loads of halfwits are placing bets on the end of the world.

Funny you should say that,

When I worked in one of the betting offices, we had a chap put £50 on the world to end in 2000.

He also talked his mate into putting £100 on.

We gave them the generous odds of 100/1

What happened if there was a Stewards inquiry, or maybe it wasn''t actually the end of the world it was just that everywhere suddenly look like Gt Yarmouth ?Also I believe you can still claim your winnings if you have lost your slip, by writing out your bet again

[quote user="City1st"]Also I believe you can still claim your winnings if you have lost your slip, by writing out your bet again [/quote]Correct

And you can use your betting knowledge in a friendly competition at the top of this board every week. Select the bet you think is most likely to come in from the weekends football. All money won goes to the academy and it costs nowt!