Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Hey all, just a thread where we can post all the official signings and gossip. Not strictly Norwich related, if anything interesting (as in about our rivals) is heard, do post!

So far;

Wilfred Zaha possible move to Bolton, but apparently the two clubs can''t agree a fee. Bolton have reportedly had a £7 Million bid turned down.

Wayne Bridge to Sunderland is on the cards.

Nikica Jelavic is reportedly a done deal for Everton.

Marcus Olsson [attacking left winger and twin of Martin] is to join Blackburn.

Rumours: Odds slashed on Bent to Tottenham and Rhodes to Norwich.

West Ham have signed Vaz Te from Barnsley.

I''ve got some inside info!!!!

My source, close to the Barcelona first team, has told me Messi is bored of winning everything so easily, and quite likes the colour yellow, so is pushing through a loan move to Norwich, with the potential for a free transfer in the summer, if Delia promises to be the caterer for Barcelona''s end of season party....

Why would Zaha go to Bolton? It will be Moses to Wigan all over again, bad move for him I think.

Can''t see Bent going to Spurs. He''s been there and failed already. Could be another example of odds being slashed making no difference whatsoever.

I agree, and £7m for a unproven 19 year old is a bit of a risk. So far they have not agreed to sell him though, so there''s a chance he might not go!

Row D, that''s why I stuck it firmly in the rumours section!

Bradley Orr from QPR to Blackburn

Keith Andrews to Ipswich or Reading, apparently.

13 hours to go!

I do like Swansea, and their approach to the game. I hope we both stay up! Best footballing sides last year, and sticking to that this year. The way they outplayed Arsenal was nothing short of brilliant. And like us, they have done it all by spending little and wisely.

Arsenal have confirmed Ryo Miyaichi will go out on loan. Will it be to us? ;)

[quote user="AJ"]Arsenal have confirmed Ryo Miyaichi will go out on loan. Will it be to us? ;)[/quote]Bolton apparently.

Slightly worrying news that Spurs could recall Naughton if they offload Corluka today. Apparently there is a recall clause, hence him not being allowed to play in the Cup.

Not good news that Beau, but I''d like to think ''Arry has got bigger things to worry about.....

This is the full article on the press conference from the front page if you haven''t read it:

Paul Lambert confirmed on Tuesday morning the Canaries are working on ‘one or two’ potential deadline day transfer deals.

The Norwich City chief has so far recruited Jonny Howson from Leeds on a permanent move, but ahead of City’s Premier League trip to Sunderland Lambert admitted he is willing to make a further foray into the market. Lambert, however, declined to speculate on whether he is looking at a second permanent deal or the loan route ahead of tonight’s 11pm transfer deadline.

“I’ll wait and see what happens,” he said. “It’s just kind of raised its head a little bit. It’s probably not the answer you are looking for, but its the best I have got. I don’t know. It’s just in the balance. There are things I am looking at. Whether they come off or not I don’t know. There is one or two things that we have looked at. Whether or not they happen we’ll see. Like I said, if not then I’d be more than happy with the group that is there. I’ll keep the phone switched on and we’ll see what happens throughout the day. Wait and see. If it does come off, fine, if it doesn’t then I am more than happy as I say.”

Lambert reiterated none of his experienced players will be allowed to leave - either on permanent deals or short term loans - but the City boss confirmed Crystal Palace and Oldham want to keep Chris Martin and Tom Adeyemi respectively - with the duo’s current loan spells due to expire shortly.

“Nobody is going out. I might let one or two of the younger ones out but not the ones round about the squad,” he said. “I think Crystal Palace are trying to keep Chrissie, so we’ll see what happens throughout the day, and Tom is more than happy to stay with Oldham so I am quite happy with that to happen.

“I’ll be glad when it’s finished. Like everybody else because it takes up most of your month. There are so many things with inflation but as I said before I won’t bring in lads who can’t play in the first team.”

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Can''t see Bent going to Spurs. He''s been there and failed already. Could be another example of odds being slashed making no difference whatsoever.[/quote]

He didn''t fail at Spurs as such, he just wasn''t backed by Redknapp.

His goalscoring record in the Premier League speaks for itself but for whaetever reason he wasn''t one of Redknapp''s boys, instead he put his faith in less prolific players.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Slightly worrying news that Spurs could recall Naughton if they offload Corluka today. Apparently there is a recall clause, hence him not being allowed to play in the Cup.[/quote]

Wasn''t there a rumour floating about yesterday claiming that we were going to sign a young full back on loan from Liverpool? Might make sense if this is true.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Not good news that Beau, but I''d like to think ''Arry has got bigger things to worry about.....

This is the full article on the press conference from the front page if you haven''t read it:

Paul Lambert confirmed on Tuesday morning the Canaries are working on ‘one or two’ potential deadline day transfer deals.

The Norwich City chief has so far recruited Jonny Howson from Leeds on a permanent move, but ahead of City’s Premier League trip to Sunderland Lambert admitted he is willing to make a further foray into the market. Lambert, however, declined to speculate on whether he is looking at a second permanent deal or the loan route ahead of tonight’s 11pm transfer deadline.

“I’ll wait and see what happens,” he said. “It’s just kind of raised its head a little bit. It’s probably not the answer you are looking for, but its the best I have got. I don’t know. It’s just in the balance. There are things I am looking at. Whether they come off or not I don’t know. There is one or two things that we have looked at. Whether or not they happen we’ll see. Like I said, if not then I’d be more than happy with the group that is there. I’ll keep the phone switched on and we’ll see what happens throughout the day. Wait and see. If it does come off, fine, if it doesn’t then I am more than happy as I say.”

Lambert reiterated none of his experienced players will be allowed to leave - either on permanent deals or short term loans - but the City boss confirmed Crystal Palace and Oldham want to keep Chris Martin and Tom Adeyemi respectively - with the duo’s current loan spells due to expire shortly.

“Nobody is going out. I might let one or two of the younger ones out but not the ones round about the squad,” he said. “I think Crystal Palace are trying to keep Chrissie, so we’ll see what happens throughout the day, and Tom is more than happy to stay with Oldham so I am quite happy with that to happen.

“I’ll be glad when it’s finished. Like everybody else because it takes up most of your month. There are so many things with inflation but as I said before I won’t bring in lads who can’t play in the first team.”

[/quote]

Doesn''t really put my mind at rest re Naughton as he''s a Spurs player, so we can''t control whether he goes or not. That said, I understand that Spurs are looking at bringing in another RB so it may be a moot point anyway.

[quote user="yellow blood"]Apparently Spurs have recalled a young right back from MK Dons[/quote]

Yes, the journo who reported on the possible recall on twitter has now heard from Spurs and it looks like the recall is now unlikely as they''re  happy about the amount of gametime he''s getting.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="yellow blood"]Apparently Spurs have recalled a young right back from MK Dons[/quote]

Yes, the journo who reported on the possible recall on twitter has now heard from Spurs and it looks like the recall is now unlikely as they''re  happy about the amount of gametime he''s getting.

[/quote]

1243: DONE DEAL Leeds United have signed Tottenham''s England under-21 international defender Adam Smith on loan until the end of the season

Saha off to Spurs - a) I don''t get that one as he''s hasn''t been good for years (1 good game every 10), but, b) pleased they have another striker so the Moro > spurs rumours can stop.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Saha off to Spurs - a) I don''t get that one as he''s hasn''t been good for years (1 good game every 10), but, b) pleased they have another striker so the Moro > spurs rumours can stop.[/quote]

Moro to Everton[:O]

This is all getting far to confusing, let me simplify it all for you:

Jelvic to Everton

Saha to Spurs

Holt to Rangers

Messi to Norwich

RVP to Huddersfield

Rhodes to Barca

Morison to Man.U

Rooney to Arsenal.

Everyone wins!!!

But then Hoolahan will get grumpy because Holt has left him, so will join AFC Wimbledon, Tierney will join Man.C so he can have his weekly fight with Moro. We will then sign Roberto Carlos to replace him, and Lambert will come out of (playing) retirement to bolster the midfield....

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Breaking news on SSN Rangers targeting Grant Holt to replace Jelavic, from reporter outside Ibrox[/quote]

I may be imagining things but didn''t Holty used to do the old testicles spectacles wallet and watch routine when he came on to the pitch? Wrong Glasgow club if so.