Sign in to follow this  
Canarinator_T1000

Ticket Frustration

As this is my first post I''m sure my opinions will be given short shrift, but hey-ho everyone has to start somewhere.

Am I the only one who gets incredibly frustrated every couple of weeks because I can''t get casual tickets?

Don''t get me wrong. The fact that Carrow Road is a sell-out is fantastic (and I think it would probably sell out if it held 35K) but it just seems uttery impossible to get a ticket for anything other than a cup game or a reserves match.

Obviously the best thing to do is get a season ticket, but this isn''t going to happen anytime soon. I''m on the waiting list but it''ll be 3 years plus before more seats become available.

Supermembership is a good thing but am I the only one to have noticed that a lot of supermembers don''t actually appear to be NCFC supporters? For example when I went to UEA it was well known that overseas students bought supermemberships on the off chance that one of the ''big boys'' would play here (this was before our current prem season, I can only imagine what it is like now) .

Surely a better way of running the whole supermembership scheme is to only allow supermembership if you can actually proove you suppport the club - by providing ticket stubs (in a similar vein to away ticket allocation)

Thoughts?

On another note does anyone know what our Wembley allocation in May will be?

Welcome to the Board.

I think ticket priority should go to those who have paid a deposit to go onto the ST waiting list.

It must be of some concern to the Club that supporters are being turned away. I hope your situation changes soon.

The issue I have with this is that you could have got on the season ticket waiting list, which was extremely miniscule, when we were in League One.  I''ve had a season ticket for almost 10 years now, and as I''m sure many other fans do, feel rewarded for my faith.  I''m not saying you are not a supporter of NCFC as I am sure there are reasons why you have not previously been on the waiting list - but moaning now when you can''t get tickets is a bit of a slap in the face for those who had season tickets/went to all the games when we got relegated, promoted and promoted once again.

I''m a season ticket holder but keep an eye on the online ticketing. As far as I can see apart from the United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs games, tickets for most, possibly all of the others have been available through all the supermembership/ST holders/members restricted sale dates and on to general sale. This is particularly the case where the away team take a limited allocation so those Jarrold blocks become entirely casual seats.

Maybe by the time it gets to general sale the views available aren''t the best and you might struggle to find 2 or more seats together, but apart from the games against the big clubs, which were always going to be very difficult to get tickets for, I don''t see why supermembers are having a problem if they keep an eye on when tickets go on sale.

Last time we were in the Premier League am I right in thinking the club did some kind of scheme where you could apply to guarantee tickets for three games at a time across the categories (1 A, 1 B, 1 C)? Anyone remember what the details were?

NCFCStar, point taken and there were reasons for me not being on the waiting list/having a season ticket when we were in League One.

As for being a ''slap in the face'' - I''m not blaming you or any current, past or future season ticket holder or those who have been to all the games when we got relegated, promoted and promoted once again.

Not really a moan, just expressing my frustration that I find it super-hard to watch the club I support.

I feel your pain - I am based in London and although a shareholder in the club have found it hard to get tickets for any matches. The problem is though that ''proving you are a supporter'' is easier said and done. I can''t get a season ticket (even if there wasn''t a waiting list) as I generally have to work weekends and only get a few chances a year to see Norwich games.

This is unfortunally a by-product of the team being successful - I''m certainly glad it is this way round rather than the club struggling to fill seats.

I will be at the Bolton game though! But working rather than being able to fully enjoy the match day experience.

I share this frustration.

I''m a Super Member, missed probably one game in the League 1 & Championship days.

This season I got tickets to Stoke, West Brom, Sunderland, Swansea and Blackburn at home.

As soon as Arsenal went on sale, couldn''t get on the website, let alone get a ticket. Sold out in minutes. Was absolutely gutted that my loyalty couldn''t be repaid.

Blackburn (H) was the last match I went to due to Holidays etc. But didn''t struggle for tickets to Bolton this Saturday. Or any of the other games I mentioned that I went to.

The fact that anyone can go into the ticket office, buy a Super Membership, then use it the next day to buy a ticket to a big game is a massive slap in the balls IMO.

Maybe when buying a super membership it should only be valid from the game after next.This would stop people buying a super membership and a ticket at the same time.

There were 300+ season tickets for sale around christmas 2010 when we were all dreaming of promotion but not really believing it.When promotion looked likely these were all snapped up and the waiting list started.It always amazes me how you don''t get people moaning about not getting tickets when we are in the championship or div 1 .And to the poster who has missed about 1 game since div 1,why didn''t you just buy a season ticket when we got relegated from the championship,there were over 2000 for sale all that season

I can only imagine how frustrating it is. Luckily I bought a half season ticket the year we were relegated and haven''t looked back.

How you make the system less frustrating is a challenge for everyone with an interest in the club. Someone, somewhere down the line is going to be left disappointed because there''s only a finite amount of seats available.

I overheard a newcastle supporter telling his mate he had made it into the top 10000 on newcastles season ticket waiting list.Its not just a problem at norwich but all clubs doing well.

[quote user="lobstercatcher2"]There were 300+ season tickets for sale around christmas 2010 when we were all dreaming of promotion but not really believing it.When promotion looked likely these were all snapped up and the waiting list started.It always amazes me how you don''t get people moaning about not getting tickets when we are in the championship or div 1 .And to the poster who has missed about 1 game since div 1,why didn''t you just buy a season ticket when we got relegated from the championship,there were over 2000 for sale all that season[/quote]

Not that it''s really your business, but my schedule can change very quickly, and I''m not from Norwich, so I can''t actually commit to going every week.

It just turns out I was able to make it to nearly every game for 3 seasons.

Let''s go back to how it was and how it should be.....men only. Get rid of them squawking women and kids, wouldn''t need that bleedin'' music then either. If there was any tickets left over then allow them in but only as a "treat".

[jas the barclay king"]lets do away with all types of membership and season tickets and make it free for all like it should be....

Totally unrealistic Jas!

End of the day our ground is no where near big enough for what the club needs. We''d be averaging easily 32-33,000 this season if the ground was big enough. And YES for any "little ole Norwich" thinkers, we have got a lot more than 26,800 fans. The near 23,000 crowd for the Burnley game when a large % of the crowd were non season ticket holders prove this!

How tickets are priced these days the cheapest way to go if you want to go regularly is to buy a season ticket which work out much cheaper than buying match to match something many of us would struggle to afford!

Membership is a way of getting ahead of the que and for the club to make money!

If it was free for all then we''d have massive ques at the turnstiles every game like we saw at the Burnley game!

I come from the era when nearly everyone paid at the gate but those days are gone and buying a season ticket is the best way forward. And one must remember it was only a decade and a bit ago that 18,000 was a good ATT for a League game and 14,000 was the norm, so their was plenty of scope for a free for all in those days!

[lappinitup"]Let''s go back to how it was and how it should be.....men only. Get rid of them squawking women and kids, wouldn''t need that bleedin'' music then either. If there was any tickets left over then allow them in but only as a "treat".

I think you wrote the above post with tongue firmly in cheek - if not then I''d be inclined to wallop you with my handbag and threaten you with one of my heeled shoes!

I''d suggest most men who go to Carrow Road regularly probably wouldn''t of been to as many games as my female self and I''d also suggest many men would fall into the category you put women and kids in!!

Rules changed this season in that Members are only allowed 1 ticket each, where previous seasons it was as many as you wanted. It''s made taking the kids quite difficult.

Membership should be cheaper, but to qualify for a Category A game, you must have attended either an away game or two home games below Category A. I completely agree, it''s a joke that part time fans get tickets ahead of those who attend all other games. It''s always the same, the same people turn up for Ipswich but couldn''t care less about the smaller games.

I realise this will probably get a negative reaction, ''all fans are equal''. That just isn''t true. You have to be deserving of seeing such popular games, and if you''re only going with your kid because he supports Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool then take them to their home ground instead of taking up precious seats at Carrow Road.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Let''s go back to how it was and how it should be.....men only. Get rid of them squawking women and kids, wouldn''t need that bleedin'' music then either. If there was any tickets left over then allow them in but only as a "treat".
[/quote]

[:P][:P][:P]!!!!!!!!!!!![;)]

I share the frustrations of the op. He has obviously shown his loyalty to this club, as I have, and now miss out on the big games because so called supermembers get tickets to watch ''their team'' Man U or Arsenal etc. Whether I should have kept my season ticket this season rather than have to give it up is a moot point. I want to see norwich every game I can whether its Man U or MK Dons. Make supermembership £50, that might deter the ''one game only brigade!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[lappinitup"]Let''s go back to how it was and how it should be.....men only. Get rid of them squawking women and kids, wouldn''t need that bleedin'' music then either. If there was any tickets left over then allow them in but only as a "treat".

I think you wrote the above post with tongue firmly in cheek - if not then I''d be inclined to wallop you with my handbag and threaten you with one of my heeled shoes!

I''d suggest most men who go to Carrow Road regularly probably wouldn''t of been to as many games as my female self and I''d also suggest many men would fall into the category you put women and kids in!!

[/quote]

Be careful GRD... Lapp may be gettin'' on a bit but he''s still quite excitable....

[quote user="nulli secundus"]Make supermembership £50, that might deter the ''one game only brigade![/quote]Now that is top idea. Make the Supermembership vastly overpriced at £50 and then after you have bought say 5 tickets for a game (home or away) in that particular season,  you could exchange the stubs for a £25 refund. That would deter the one game charlies perhaps.