Sign in to follow this  
NWC

QPR Signings

[quote user="QPRMATT"][quote user="NWC"]

And Bobby Zamora at 90k per week ???? - his agent deserves a decent birthday present! Cisse''s probably on that too,
[/quote] Do you really believe that bullshit, that we''re offering a 31 year old striker £90k a week? That justifies the incompetence on this board. I believe Zamora''s given around £40k a week for the next 2½ years. Cisse probably in that region too. As I''ve been around a few messageboards of opposing teams over the years- this one has proved to be the dumbest, most one-eyed of them all. You really believe Holt is going to be your saviour over the comming seasons? But I have to say, I deeply admire Lambert''s tactical abilities and your superior team-spirit. But sadly thats not the way to become a solid mid-table side which I believe is your intended target. I''ve said it before and here it comes again, these days you need to have a financial tycoon to establish as a club. At least in England. If you are able to do so without this proposed tycoon, I am happy for football in general but it''s highly unlikely. It worked in the 70''s. I believe you''ll survive this season on as I mentioned before, a superior team-spirit and a tactical genius. This scenario will at least buy you some more time to advertise for Norwich City FC in the Asian markets. Sincerely QPRMATT. PS How will you react when Lambert leaves for Chelsea or Aston Villa lured by a £5m transfer kitty and you''re standing there only with a bunch of lost puppys? I am writing in peace. Cheers.[/quote]

How long do you think your ''financial tycoon'' will keep putting money into your club? He has clearly stated in several interviews in Asia that he sees QPR as a great source of marketing - your club is nothing more than a massive Air Asia billboard, congratulations. If Tony has to keep spending more on your club than he would to recieve a similar amount of exposure another way (or once Air Asia feels its expansion plans are compelted) he''ll be off investing in something else. Your club will be left with 33 year old Bobby earning around £60k a week - congratulations.

As for mid table teams that don''t have significant investment from their owner I would direct your attention to the club just down the road from you. Al Fayed hasn''t put a penny into that team for a few years and they are doing fine, European Cup final no less, and our owner doesn''t want to build a bloody stupid statue.

And lastly I will ask you how you react once your realise ''super agent'' Joorabchian has landed your club with loads of over paid, over rated players and the money is not longer coming from Tony? I would ask a Portsmouth fan how they felt, it should help prepare you.

In Peace

I like QPR - even to the extent that, in retrospect, I''m sorry we cost them the title in 1976.

But QPR fans, Colin W and many of their players have been let down badly for months by their owners in a catalogue of mismanagement that Colin gained promotion in spite of.

You may well stay up, but you could also go down with big debts and contract millstones and we will then discover if Fernandes was a saviour or the fire you jumped into from the frying pan.

[quote user="QPRMATT"]Of course they signed for QPR because of the money, they''re professionals. It seems like none of you understood what I meant. We attracted theese players because of our money. I am not ashamed at all. When you say that we''re not an attractive club how did we attract players like Onuoha, Taiwo that would go straight into your starting XI? If you wen''t down maybe your players with show some commitment and stay, Admirable, yes, but you wouldn''t crawl back up.[/quote]I think you underestimate the quality of our players, which is sad, as I assume you would prefer to see top British players gracing our top flight rather than overpaid foreign mercenaries.I remember a team on the South Coast who did something similar to you, can''t quite remember who it was, but they also played in Blue and White and had some dodgy foreigners on the pitch being paid millions.  I''m sure I saw something on the news the other day about an unpaid tax bill and administration looming, alongside potential relegation to League One.  I''d hate to see that happen again...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

And Bobby Zamora at 90k per week ???? - his agent deserves a decent birthday present! Cisse''s probably on that too,
[/quote] Do you really believe that bullshit, that we''re offering a 31 year old striker £90k a week? That justifies the incompetence on this board. I believe Zamora''s given around £40k a week for the next 2½ years. Cisse probably in that region too. As I''ve been around a few messageboards of opposing teams over the years- this one has proved to be the dumbest, most one-eyed of them all. You really believe Holt is going to be your saviour over the comming seasons? But I have to say, I deeply admire Lambert''s tactical abilities and your superior team-spirit. But sadly thats not the way to become a solid mid-table side which I believe is your intended target. I''ve said it before and here it comes again, these days you need to have a financial tycoon to establish as a club. At least in England. If you are able to do so without this proposed tycoon, I am happy for football in general but it''s highly unlikely. It worked in the 70''s. I believe you''ll survive this season on as I mentioned before, a superior team-spirit and a tactical genius. This scenario will at least buy you some more time to advertise for Norwich City FC in the Asian markets. Sincerely QPRMATT. PS How will you react when Lambert leaves for Chelsea or Aston Villa lured by a £5m transfer kitty and you''re standing there only with a bunch of lost puppys? I am writing in peace. Cheers.[/quote]

How long do you think your ''financial tycoon'' will keep putting money into your club? He has clearly stated in several interviews in Asia that he sees QPR as a great source of marketing - your club is nothing more than a massive Air Asia billboard, congratulations. If Tony has to keep spending more on your club than he would to recieve a similar amount of exposure another way (or once Air Asia feels its expansion plans are compelted) he''ll be off investing in something else. Your club will be left with 33 year old Bobby earning around £60k a week - congratulations.

As for mid table teams that don''t have significant investment from their owner I would direct your attention to the club just down the road from you. Al Fayed hasn''t put a penny into that team for a few years and they are doing fine, European Cup final no less, and our owner doesn''t want to build a bloody stupid statue.

And lastly I will ask you how you react once your realise ''super agent'' Joorabchian has landed your club with loads of over paid, over rated players and the money is not longer coming from Tony? I would ask a Portsmouth fan how they felt, it should help prepare you.

In Peace

[/quote]

I''m sure Tony''s plans are short-term with that stadium in mind. Al Fayed have spent a few quid over the years mate. That both Zamora and Cisse signed 2½ year deals are in my opinion fantastic business.

If you''re comparing Portsmouth to us then you surely don''t know anything.

Appreciating your peace.

[quote user="QPRMATT"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

In Peace

[/quote] I''m sure Tony''s plans are short-term with that stadium in mind. Al Fayed have spent a few quid over the years mate. That both Zamora and Cisse signed 2½ year deals are in my opinion fantastic business. If you''re comparing Portsmouth to us then you surely don''t know anything. Appreciating your peace.[/quote]

I compare you to Portsmouth for the following reasons;

1) Agents in control of transfer dealings - at Portsmouth the agent was Redknapp (who we all now know was taking a cut in the transfers) at QPR you have Joorabchian - I would advise you to look up his trail of destruction at previous clubs. Werid how as soon as Hughes came in you instantly went for 3 of Joorabchian''s clients.

2) Owner only looking at the short term - you admitted yourself that Tony is looking short term, well that is deadly. He probably doesn''t imagine he''ll be there to see out most of the transfers he approving so doesn''t care how much they indebt the club. Portsmouth are still struggling with some of their player''s massive wage bills - Onohura could become your Utaka.

As for your new stadium, what a joke. A 32,000 seater when you can''t sell out your exisiting ground - good luck with that and the massive debt it will also lumber on your shoulders.

Al Fayed pumped money into Fulham to get them into the Premier League, once there he stopped and they are currently run excellently (which may or may not have been due to our current CEO, I''m not sure). They sign a mixture of young up and coming players and older experienced heads (none of whom are on big wages). Shifting an aging and deteriorating Zamora onto a local rival for around £5m seems like excellent business to me... 

I would still have QPR high on the list to be relegated , poor signings really Cisse was utter crap years ago at Liverpool and Zamora is hardly a world beater , will they gel and be good enough to save the hoops ? probably not , just do not see Blackburn or Bolton going down . Wigan , Wolves and Qpr looking very likely to be the three .

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="QPRMATT"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

In Peace

[/quote] I''m sure Tony''s plans are short-term with that stadium in mind. Al Fayed have spent a few quid over the years mate. That both Zamora and Cisse signed 2½ year deals are in my opinion fantastic business. If you''re comparing Portsmouth to us then you surely don''t know anything. Appreciating your peace.[/quote]

I compare you to Portsmouth for the following reasons;

1) Agents in control of transfer dealings - at Portsmouth the agent was Redknapp (who we all now know was taking a cut in the transfers) at QPR you have Joorabchian - I would advise you to look up his trail of destruction at previous clubs. Werid how as soon as Hughes came in you instantly went for 3 of Joorabchian''s clients.

2) Owner only looking at the short term - you admitted yourself that Tony is looking short term, well that is deadly. He probably doesn''t imagine he''ll be there to see out most of the transfers he approving so doesn''t care how much they indebt the club. Portsmouth are still struggling with some of their player''s massive wage bills - Onohura could become your Utaka.

As for your new stadium, what a joke. A 32,000 seater when you can''t sell out your exisiting ground - good luck with that and the massive debt it will also lumber on your shoulders.

Al Fayed pumped money into Fulham to get them into the Premier League, once there he stopped and they are currently run excellently (which may or may not have been due to our current CEO, I''m not sure). They sign a mixture of young up and coming players and older experienced heads (none of whom are on big wages). Shifting an aging and deteriorating Zamora onto a local rival for around £5m seems like excellent business to me... 

[/quote]

Pure sarcasm on the ''''short term''''. In our case we have Lakshmi Mittal controlling 33% of the club. If that name sounds familiar? Anyways, Tony is certainly looking long-term, and I love it. Happy days as an R.

bit cheeky that QPR fellow saying this is the dumbest forum ever. Now i''m no expert, but the few other forums I have seen have been significantly more full of bs than this one. I''d like to know what clubs he is refering too so I can have a read myself.Oh and to clear-up a possible missunderstanding, the dictionary meaning of dumb is not "to have a different opinion"!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]
Cisse is a terrible buy, an overrated foreigner who is probably going to bang in 5 a season from now on.

[/quote]

I''m not sure it''s a good idea to write off the guy before he''s even kicked a ball for them.

I mean you''re talking about someone who has got more than 150 club goals to his name, plus 9 for his country.

Playing for a good manager who has a track record of getting the best out of players, it could well be a gamble that pays off.

I see signing big names has done QPR well so far, two points off the bottom three hardly shows how its really the way forward.

The way I see it is Norwich are a work in progress, and what a mighty fine piece of work we have been so far. If our group of young and inexperienced players can get us to 10th in the league, imagine the potential in future years to come when our players have matured and grown.

I think that QPR need to realise that irrespective of where we finish this year, even if we somehow manage to finish 17th, the way QPR are going is just a short term fix. I am 100% certain that no matter how much money they splash out, next season they will be forever looking up the league table at us.

Hello, QPR fan here. Few more points to add, but just wanted to highlight what my fellow fan said, that should Tony for whatever reason decide to pull out, the 2nd largest sharehsolder at the club is Lakshmi Mittal. He''s not bad I guess, £25billion to his name, give or take a couple of billion either way. Fernandes is planning a new training centre for us, as well as improving our youth setup.With regards to our proposed new stadium - yes we have a small fanbase now, but that will only grow as our exposure in Asia and the rest of the world grows. So why not plan for the future, Old Trafford wasn''t build as an 80k stadium originally.None of this tells me he is "in it for the short term". Air Asia certainly doesn''t need to use QPR to attract more business, if anything, its the other way around.Did we really buy out success? Last season I can think of a few teams who spent more then us. Our most expensive signing was Adel at £1mil! And looking at your team, did you bring them all through your youth team, or did you buy them from someone else...?I congratulate Norwich on a superb start to the season, although I don''t believe there is one poster on this site that thought you''d be in this position at the start of the season. I think we''ll just about survive this season and kick on from there. I hope you do too.Cheers

[quote user="meh"]Hello, QPR fan here. Few more points to add, but just wanted to highlight what my fellow fan said, that should Tony for whatever reason decide to pull out, the 2nd largest sharehsolder at the club is Lakshmi Mittal. He''s not bad I guess, £25billion to his name, give or take a couple of billion either way.

Fernandes is planning a new training centre for us, as well as improving our youth setup.

With regards to our proposed new stadium - yes we have a small fanbase now, but that will only grow as our exposure in Asia and the rest of the world grows. So why not plan for the future, Old Trafford wasn''t build as an 80k stadium originally.

None of this tells me he is "in it for the short term". Air Asia certainly doesn''t need to use QPR to attract more business, if anything, its the other way around.

Did we really buy out success? Last season I can think of a few teams who spent more then us. Our most expensive signing was Adel at £1mil! And looking at your team, did you bring them all through your youth team, or did you buy them from someone else...?

I congratulate Norwich on a superb start to the season, although I don''t believe there is one poster on this site that thought you''d be in this position at the start of the season.

I think we''ll just about survive this season and kick on from there. I hope you do too.

Cheers

[/quote]

I hope for your sake you are right, but planning a new stadium and facilities doesn''t mean much until it actually happens - Hicks and Gillette had grand schemes for Liverpool but walked out and (sorry to mention them again) Portsmouth had lots of plans for stadiums and training grounds, which never got off the ground. Please don''t think I don''t like your club, as I do, I would much rather QPR in the Premier League than many other teams.

The Mittals are interesting and hard to know what they are thinking really - as I understand it they have never really put any money into the club and they certainly didn''t step forward to purchase the club before Tony came in.

I think that comparing Norwich and QPR will provide a very interesting insight into the future of Premier League football teams. Can a club run well on a small budget ever compete with the larger spending teams and is splashing huge money on aging, proven players a better model than smaller outlays on younger, improving players?

i wouldn''t swap our squad for theirs in a million years...

Young and hungry > overpaid and past it

Of the players QPR bought this window, I think Zamora will do a decent job. Reportedly wanted 90k a week to join QPR.

Cisse isn''t a good player IMO.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I hope for your sake you are right, but planning a new stadium and facilities doesn''t mean much until it actually happens - Hicks and Gillette had grand schemes for Liverpool but walked out and (sorry to mention them again) Portsmouth had lots of plans for stadiums and training grounds, which never got off the ground. Please don''t think I don''t like your club, as I do, I would much rather QPR in the Premier League than many other teams.

The Mittals are interesting and hard to know what they are thinking really - as I understand it they have never really put any money into the club and they certainly didn''t step forward to purchase the club before Tony came in.

I think that comparing Norwich and QPR will provide a very interesting insight into the future of Premier League football teams. Can a club run well on a small budget ever compete with the larger spending teams and is splashing huge money on aging, proven players a better model than smaller outlays on younger, improving players?

[/quote]I think QPR fans weren''t 100% sure if Fernandes was all talk at the start, but in 2 windows he has bought in the Bartons and Zamoras of this world, so certainly no reason to doubt him at the moment re stadium plans etc. Lakshmi Mittal is more of a silent partner in the club, but his son in law, Amit Bhatia certainly is. He is London based and is involved in the day to day runnings of the club. He certainly has the clubs best interests at heart.I also wouldn''t believe all the press rumours about wages and fees. In the paper home last night, the headline was that Zamora was a £10mil buy, whilst the BBC reports today the fee was £4mil. Initial reports that it was a 4.5 year contract were also incorrect. Yes, we are spending more then the clubs around us, but for Premier League standards, certainly not extravagent. Cisse and Zamora for £8mil combined, or Peter Crouch for £10mil?

Player transfer fees are always quoted differently, even by the selling and buying clubs/reporters. One will quote the up front fee, the other the total package. Hence we heard Howson cost 750k. Or £2m.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/01/mark-hughes-bobby-zamora-qpr?newsfeed=true

This article suggests Zamora cost up to £7m but again, i imagine this will only be paid if he meets certain targets. So i''m sure you''re right ''meh'' he probably will cost ''only'' £4m after he gets crocked before the winter is out! As for his wages, he apparently settled for 50k - ferkin ridiculous. Your owner(s) is already setting your club on a slippery path. The days of these wages for anyone outside the the top 6 are long gone and they won''t keep paying it for long unless they want to take you to hell in a hand cart, following in the tracks of Portsmouth.

It might all look fine to you now, but you are walking a very very fine line. You stray from it, and you''re screwed, with owners who only have a commercial interest in the club.

[quote user="meh"]Hello, QPR fan here. Few more points to add, but just wanted to highlight what my fellow fan said, that should Tony for whatever reason decide to pull out, the 2nd largest sharehsolder at the club is Lakshmi Mittal. He''s not bad I guess, £25billion to his name, give or take a couple of billion either way.

Fernandes is planning a new training centre for us, as well as improving our youth setup.

With regards to our proposed new stadium - yes we have a small fanbase now, but that will only grow as our exposure in Asia and the rest of the world grows. So why not plan for the future, Old Trafford wasn''t build as an 80k stadium originally.

None of this tells me he is "in it for the short term". Air Asia certainly doesn''t need to use QPR to attract more business, if anything, its the other way around.

Did we really buy out success? Last season I can think of a few teams who spent more then us. Our most expensive signing was Adel at £1mil! And looking at your team, did you bring them all through your youth team, or did you buy them from someone else...?

I congratulate Norwich on a superb start to the season, although I don''t believe there is one poster on this site that thought you''d be in this position at the start of the season.

I think we''ll just about survive this season and kick on from there. I hope you do too.

Cheers

[/quote]

You''d be surprised!

[quote user="a1canary"]Pongs of desperation! Going to be a huge job to make a team out of that lot. They''ll get some good results no doubt, but let''s see how well they hang together when the going gets tough.[/quote]It''s not going well so far, yet another big name big ego big money signing sent off and  Hughes lets his one dimensional managerial abilities show as the R''s manage to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory at home to a fellow relegation struggler.Since they played us in November they''ve managed only one win in the league and that was against Wigan, collected bagfuls of disciplinary cards but on the plus side are somehow still not quite in a relegation place yet. If QPR can collect a paltry six points from 36 and still not drop into the bottom three then unless something spectacular happens X3 we are effectively safe from relegation as those teams on current form would need something like 26 games to overhaul us.Expect things to get worse for QPR as the suspensions kick in.

[quote user="a1canary"]Pongs of desperation! Going to be a huge job to make a team out of that lot. They''ll get some good results no doubt, but let''s see how well they hang together when the going gets tough.[/quote]It''s not going well so far, yet another big name big ego big money signing sent off and  Hughes lets his one dimensional managerial abilities show as the R''s manage to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory at home to a fellow relegation struggler.Since they played us in November they''ve managed only one win in the league and that was against Wigan, collected bagfuls of disciplinary cards but on the plus side are somehow still not quite in a relegation place yet. If QPR can collect a paltry six points from 36 and still not drop into the bottom three then unless something spectacular happens X3 we are effectively safe from relegation as those teams on current form would need something like 26 games to overhaul us.Expect things to get worse for QPR as the suspensions kick in.