Sign in to follow this  
NWC

QPR Signings

In: Federico Macheda ( Loan- Manchester United), Taiye Taiwo ( AC

Milan-loan), Nedum Onouha ( Man City), Samba Diakite ( Nancy-loan)Bobby Zamora (Fulham), Djibril Cisse (Lazio).Nedum Onouha aside, am I being a bit bitter when I say "I don''t really rate any of those lot"??And Bobby Zamora at 90k per week ???? - his agent deserves a decent birthday present! Cisse''s probably on that too, which will put Biffa Barton''s nose right out of joint and creat such a harmonius dressing room!!

diakite i believe to be a good signing. but i don''t know why they are not signing a goal scorer, dj cambell is in talks but he''s not great

However I am still glad we played them on the 2nd, we played them before their cheque book came out.

they threw money at it in August and look where they are!!! Let them waste their money and have the richest squad in the Chumpionship next season!!!

I dunno, I would be happy with those as a Rangers fan. Zamora will be a very good player for them, Cisse is very interesting and should also score a few. Taiwo is also interesting (but only a loan) and Onuoha is alright. Not convinced about Macheda, and I don''t know enough about Diakite to comment.

My take is that these signings will probably result in Hughes not being around too long. Even if they survive let''s see if the owner is still showing the checkbook when Hughes comes back for a lot more money,  and he will. If he doesn''t get it he will then throw his toys out of the pram. 

If they get relegated they are going to be right in the poo if Fernandez does not pump even more money into the club.

All these players are old, and will take time to gell. Not big and not clever in my opinion, which is why I''m more than happy if Lambert decides to go with what we''ve got!

Pongs of desperation! Going to be a huge job to make a team out of that lot. They''ll get some good results no doubt, but let''s see how well they hang together when the going gets tough.

I think its enough to keep them up. There are some really poor sides that deserve to go down (Blackburn, Wolves, Wigan). But I bet thats all these signings are meant to accomplish. I wouldn''t be surprised if they brought in another 5+ players over the summer.

How many players have they got on the books now? It must be a massive amount. They kept the Championship winning side together, added players in the summer and have done so again in January. The who thing is really scattergunned.

They''ll keep QPR up relatively comfortably IMO, yes it''s a quick fix but QPR can''t exactly wait for 2 or 3 months for them to grow into good players, they need to stay up.

Dunno why so many people feel the need to be so bitter to them, we''ve taken 6 points off them just move on with your lives.

[quote user="Lambo"] Dunno why so many people feel the need to be so bitter to them, we''ve taken 6 points off them just move on with your lives.[/quote]

I think maybe people are a bit peeved with the media attention that they (and Swansea to a lesser extent) get compared to us. Personally I couldn''t care less as it allows Paul Lambert and the team to go about their business outside of the constant glare of the Premier League spotlight. As you say we have taken our six points from QPR so I''m not too fussed by what they get up to from here on in. If they could beat a few of the teams around us with their improved squad it would suit me.

The players they have signed are pretty much all short term fixes but Hughes hasn''t exactly had much time to come up with a measured transfer strategy. If they stay up, and I think they might now by virtue of the lack of quality in some of the other squads down there as much as their improved squad, then they will probably spend big again in the summer. But again as we seem to have a very different transfer strategy, and a much better manager, it should not be of huge concern to us. Plus we''ll have European football to tempt any new signings with [;)]

Zamora  £5m and Cisse £4m plus huge wages both signed for only 2 1/2 years.

QPR certainly needed someting up front, Cisse a prima donna and Zamora hardly prolific.

As a target man typical English CF who you would have Bobby Z or Grant Holt, no contest.

[quote user="NWC"]And Bobby Zamora at 90k per week ???? - his agent deserves a decent birthday present! Cisse''s probably on that too,[/quote]

Do you really believe that bullshit, that we''re offering a 31 year old striker £90k a week? That justifies the incompetence on this board. I believe Zamora''s given around £40k a week for the next 2½ years. Cisse probably in that region too. As I''ve been around a few messageboards of opposing teams over the years- this one has proved to be the dumbest, most one-eyed of them all. You really believe Holt is going to be your saviour over the comming seasons? But I have to say, I deeply admire Lambert''s tactical abilities and your superior team-spirit. But sadly thats not the way to become a solid mid-table side which I believe is your intended target. I''ve said it before and here it comes again, these days you need to have a financial tycoon to establish as a club. At least in England. If you are able to do so without this proposed tycoon, I am happy for football in general but it''s highly unlikely. It worked in the 70''s. I believe you''ll survive this season on as I mentioned before, a superior team-spirit and a tactical genius. This scenario will at least buy you some more time to advertise for Norwich City FC in the Asian markets.

Sincerely

QPRMATT.

PS How will you react when Lambert leaves for Chelsea or Aston Villa lured by a £5m transfer kitty and you''re standing there only with a bunch of lost puppys? I am writing in peace. Cheers.

[quote user="QPRMATT"][quote user="NWC"]And Bobby Zamora at 90k per week ???? - his agent deserves a decent birthday present! Cisse''s probably on that too,[/quote]

Do you really believe that bullshit, that we''re offering a 31 year old striker £90k a week? That justifies the incompetence on this board. I believe Zamora''s given around £40k a week for the next 2½ years. Cisse probably in that region too. As I''ve been around a few messageboards of opposing teams over the years- this one has proved to be the dumbest, most one-eyed of them all. You really believe Holt is going to be your saviour over the comming seasons? But I have to say, I deeply admire Lambert''s tactical abilities and your superior team-spirit. But sadly thats not the way to become a solid mid-table side which I believe is your intended target. I''ve said it before and here it comes again, these days you need to have a financial tycoon to establish as a club. At least in England. If you are able to do so without this proposed tycoon, I am happy for football in general but it''s highly unlikely. It worked in the 70''s. I believe you''ll survive this season on as I mentioned before, a superior team-spirit and a tactical genius. This scenario will at least buy you some more time to advertise for Norwich City FC in the Asian markets.

Sincerely

QPRMATT.

PS How will you react when Lambert leaves for Chelsea or Aston Villa lured by a £5m transfer kitty and you''re standing there only with a bunch of lost puppys? I am writing in peace. Cheers.[/quote]

Did I make up 90K per week?? No. That was the figure that was bounded about on sky/bbc sites etc.

Do I think your team is stupid enough to pay a 31 year old 90K per week? Well you are a team that pays Joseph Barton 80k per week, so what do you think??

If you''ve been round other message boards you will realise what a joke of a club qpr is, now run along and take your "peace" with you.

PPS I will react fine when PL leaves us for bigger and better things, thanks for being so concerned about my wellbeing.

PPPS = We beat you twice - dumbass!!!

[quote user="NWC"]

[quote user="QPRMATT"][quote user="NWC"]And Bobby Zamora at 90k per week ???? - his agent deserves a decent birthday present! Cisse''s probably on that too,[/quote]

Sincerely

QPRMATT.

PS How will you react when Lambert leaves for Chelsea or Aston Villa lured by a £5m transfer kitty and you''re standing there only with a bunch of lost puppys? I am writing in peace. Cheers.[/quote]

Did I make up 90K per week?? No. That was the figure that was bounded about on sky/bbc sites etc.

Do I think your team is stupid enough to pay a 31 year old 90K per week? Well you are a team that pays Joseph Barton 80k per week, so what do you think??

If you''ve been round other message boards you will realise what a joke of a club qpr is, now run along and take your "peace" with you.

PPS I will react fine when PL leaves us for bigger and better things, thanks for being so concerned about my wellbeing.

PPPS = We beat you twice - dumbass!!!

[/quote]

I wrote ''''Do YOU really believe that bullshit'''' and by that bullshit a was indirectly pointing at the non-substantial papertalk. Won''t even discuss Barton qualities with some below IQ 50. He is class and you know that. worth 80k a week? Worth discussion I agree. End of. Thoose 6 pts from us will be the most valuable thing in your dusty trophy cabinet over the coming 100 years.

Sincerely

QPRMATT.

PS How will you react when Lambert leaves for Chelsea or Aston Villa lured by a £5m transfer kitty and you''re standing there only with a bunch of lost puppys? I am writing in peace. Cheers.[/quote]I believe it, although it''s probably unlikely that you are paying that, you are desperate after being rejected by superior targets.Cisse is a terrible buy, an overrated foreigner who is probably going to bang in 5 a season from now on.You don''t need a tycoon if you sign the right players, but a tycoon can quite easily end up leaving you with mercenaries who are only there for the money.  I''m sorry but QPR is not an attractive club, the only reason that any of these ''superior'' players have signed for you is the money, and if you don''t believe that then you are an idiot.  They don''t care about your club, and if results don''t improve expect them to jump ship ASAP.  Your club is putting itself in an extremely dangerous position.  For what it''s worth, I think it will work, you''ll stay up, but I hope for your fans that it doesn''t all go wrong.  Although if they are all as arrogant as you, then I hope your crash and burn.Oh, thanks for the 6 points by the way.

[quote user="QPRMATT"]

Sadly, you''re right. £5m? We''ll never have a transfer kitty that big. If we''d had that much money this January we could have bought Howson from Leeds and that Ryan Bennett chap from Peterborough. But not a hope in hell.

[quote user="QPRMATT"] Thoose 6 pts from us will be the most valuable thing in your dusty trophy cabinet over the coming 100 years.[/quote]LOL, do you seriously believe that?  You''re more deluded than I thought.  QPR are a nothing club sandwiched between two established Premier League teams, you wouldn''t be ANYWHERE NEAR the Prem if you hadn''t bought success.

Of course they signed for QPR because of the money, they''re professionals. It seems like none of you understood what I meant. We attracted theese players because of our money. I am not ashamed at all. When you say that we''re not an attractive club how did we attract players like Onuoha, Taiwo that would go straight into your starting XI? If you wen''t down maybe your players with show some commitment and stay, Admirable, yes, but you wouldn''t crawl back up.