Sign in to follow this  
NWC

NCFC Under 18's kicking A55 !!

5-0 up with about 40 mins to go against Oldham under 18''s.Also playing at FCR, so maybe we could get a report from someone who went later???

Went to Colney on Saturday where they won 3-0. Looked a very tidy side, very good in attack, especially Loza, and whoever played 10, 11 and 7 (can''t remember who they were though!). Also the number 6 (I think it was 6) at center half looked very handy, scored a good goal aswell! Looking positive for the youth

I''ve not seen him play personally, but from the match reports I''ve been reading lately Loza is sounding like a good prospect. Has he had a reserve team call up yet?

I saw the free highlights of the Norwich U18''s 3-0 Ipswich U18''s and thought some of the build up play was very good, espeically the 2nd goal. It would be good to see some of them go on loan to lower league opposition and show us if they really have what it takes to eventually break into the first team.

As one of about 300 who went, I enjoyed the game and I thought the U18s played well and had plenty in reserve. Hard to judge the defence and midfield due to the level of the opposition but the attack did their job well. Hall Johnson (no 7) playing on the right and moving into the centre at times scored a deserved brace. One of the Murphy brothers who played on the left wing looked useful too as did the centre forward Loza. 

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

The Youth Team players look very well-focussed; as well as being talented footballers they must be getting some valuable mind-set training! (knowing wink!)...

[/quote]......from what i have seen of them on canary player video reports they have some serious pace throughout the squad and look very promising.

Interestingly enough I had the Oldham Team train at my school for a couple of hours yesterday morning as we''re the closest grass pitch to where they were staying. Don''t wish to be insulting to I''m sure a group of youngsters who train hard but I said to colleagues at the time that if I was a betting man (PUPS picks aside) I''d rush and put a lot of money on a City win as what I saw was pretty dire. Indeed, they were comfortably upstaged by some of my Year 9s which if you knew my Year 9s would only horrify you. Still, always nice to see the City youth do well - can only bode well for the future whatever league we''re in