Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Ian Holloway

Quite surprised watching Ian Holloway today on FF. I know he''s an oddball, and he could have just been trying to portray something for the cameras, but I was quite shocked  as to his performance in the Blackpool café . He seemed genuinely down beat  and depressed after his team''s relegation, and, bearing in mind that was 7 months ago, I wonder what image he''s trying to show to the players and fans. Clearly we do not see what he does on the local media, but I expected him to be defiant and all guns blazing to the national TV . I''m confident that ,if the worst were to happen and we were to suffer the same fate in May as Blackpool did, that Paul Lambert would show a far more self confident upbeat persona on the likes of Football Focus than Olly did.

I didn''t think there was a problem with it tbh, I like Holloway and he always comes across as a genuinely nice guy and I just thought he was being honest, rather than trying to portray an image.

I know lots of people seem to like Mr. Holloway. I have always been a little lukewarm to him as a manager. To me, he always seems to place too much importance on the latest amusing line he can find. I think he really sees himself as a showman first and foremost and, now he''s climbed to the heights of London''s West End, he''s finding it more difficult to get enthused at the theatre that is located in the "smaller" locales. So I find myself agreeing with you Eric. For Mr. Lambert I suspect the love of football is front and centre and would always be seeking the best way forward despite adversity.