Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Jamie Carragher's hand...

Jamie Carragher''s hand ball when he blatently pushed Huckerby''s cross away sums up our season so far!

Ref''s in awe of the big clubs. I was sat 300 miles away and I knew it was hand ball. The ref was 300 cm away and he never gave it!

These wrong decisons can be the difference between staying up and going down. Someone help us. Anyone else agree?

Thats true! have you noticed the amount of times that the opposition go straight down the other end and score when we have a bad decision go against us - seems the concentration drops after bad decisions.

I agree mate, although the standard of refs overall is so poor.  I went to Pompey on sat and the ref was awful.  No complaints with the sending off, but disallowing Hucks goal, not giving Yakubu a second yellow for blatant diving, and the softest penalty ever left me feeling cheated. 

Hopefully, luck will go our way soon but it never seems to, take today for example!!  With a bit more luck with our finishing and some better refs, im confident that we are capable of staying in this league, as ive been impressed with the lads. 

Wouldnt say no to a nice FA Cup run either, even though the squad is a bit depleted.  Come on boys

we certainly seem to be the wrong end of some bad penalty decisions at the moment but let us hope they even out for us towards the end of the season. It was a penalty today for sure.

The refs are always scared to give a penalty against the big clubs, whether home or away it seems, unless its absolutely cast-iron. I had a feeling we were going to get another raw deal today after the Liverpool were all whinging on about how they were hard done by the other day.
Whatever refs claim, that kind of thing must affect their decisions. They certainly seem as weak as they are the the rest fo the league in most cases.

As I''ve said on another post, the refs give the decisions in favour of the clubs that they think will be around next season - anything for a quiet life next season! The standard of Premiership refereeing is absolute s***e - far worse than the Fizzy League - and it could cost us our place in the Premier League. It''s about time Worthy stopped being Mr Nice Guy about the crappy decisions and started giving the officials a hard time at pitch-side and in the media. It seems to work for the likes of Ferguson and Co...