Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Unchanged team - 442

Agreed... think there will be a red somewhere too...

Gold though... couple of dodgy moments but no real mistakes as such... and Holt''s goal...If one of the commentator''s favourites scored that it would be called genius

Ruddy is having a pretty decent game. Deserves a clean sheet, maybe just maybe that will come today?

Started better this half, not getting the ball in the box very accurately though.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Wilby in the Premier League. Who''d of thought![/quote]

absolutely stupid fucking change. should have left morrison on. too much meddling. if it aint broke etc

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Lambert looks seriously p***ed off.[/quote]

Not surprised, some bloody awful football from us today, very little attacking threat, unable to hold on to the ball for more than 5 secs, be lucky to get a draw out of this to be honest...

And why the hell did he bring Wilby on??!

Wilby just seems to have a negative aura around him; I get no positive vibes whenever he’s around! He''s just come on & we’ve conceded already. Was this a forced change? – was Morison injured?

I think we would have been happy with a point at 3pm. We''ve taken an away point from both Liverpool teams, that has to be excellent work.

It''s the old cliche. I''d have taken a point at 3 o''clock.

But leading 1-0 with 10 mins left, I''m a bit gutted about that draw.

Still, a great effort from the lads as always.

Glad to see we didn''t pick up cards in second half... thought things were going to get a bit heated.... good result considering the chances we didn''t make

Great effort but we need to hold on too the ball ,and stop thumping the ball upfield and losing it instantly.Hold up play was poor and simple balls not being excuted. But a point is briliant news considering the chances they had.

V pleased with a point, disappointed at not holding out for a point when commentators had us down as being comfortable for so long, but we started to lose the midfield battle and home pressure counted.

Going 4-5-1 was probably the call to restrict midfield space with about 20 mins to go - sometime we do need to see the game out, esp when the opposition are increasing the efforts on goal. Last ditch defending is great to watch - but hides that we allowed an opponent enough space to require a dramatic block attempt...

We do still need defenders come jan though

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]V pleased with a point, disappointed at not holding out for a point when commentators had us down as being comfortable for so long, but we started to lose the midfield battle and home pressure counted.

Going 4-5-1 was probably the call to restrict midfield space with about 20 mins to go - sometime we do need to see the game out, esp when the opposition are increasing the efforts on goal. Last ditch defending is great to watch - but hides that we allowed an opponent enough space to require a dramatic block attempt...

We do still need defenders come jan though[/quote]

Who would you drop from the defence then zipper because i thought they all played well today.

Holt was lucky not to get booked.

Can''t understand why Wilbraham came on. Any news about Morison going off? That''s all I can think of. Would have preferred Jackson to Wilbraham. We lacked pace up front with him. Not a good call from Lambert in that respect.

yep pace just to run the channels was needed and to change the point of attack, but Lambert saw Wilby as the option. So def. nothing to do with Wilby today. Those that say there equaliser was down to him are very very wide of the mark.

In regard to who would be dropped from that back four, I think the point is we don''t want to see last ditch tackles etc. That goes to show that the opposition put us in aposition where we had to rely on great saves by Ruddy or covering tackles. Defence was exceptional, when I feel the midfield let them down. But I do also agree defence can be upgraded and it is a silly comment to say that it cannot of course every player in our team can be upgraded upon. But right now that will not happen, coaching is making a number of them better players and they are reaching well above expectations. But there is the need of some seniority in that defence to lead and be a general. But I also feel we need that in the middle of the park to protect our defence. Today our defence was not protected against an Everton team who on paper are very good but probably are performing at the lowest level of confidence they will have all season.

A great point, def. not a loss of two points because of Wilby (ridiculous thought). But there are areas to improve upon, but all in all very very good.