Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Getting worried now

Well there is now a definate gap between Norwich and the fifth bottom club.  With us on 16 points we then have Palace on 18 and then the gap to Fulham who have 21 and who play on Wed against Southampton with Blackburn on 22.  I know we did not expect much this season and relegation was probably expected but our interest in the season could die off pretty rapidly if this gap gets much bigger. 

Once you are 9 or so points from safety knowing that is three wins before you are even level with whoever the club is then it can get really demoralising and the last thing we want is to be relegated with still a couple of months left to go before the season is finished.   I dont want us to be humiliated but we really must start to get to grips with this league and put a few points on the board if we are to have the slimmest chance of survival.

We need to remain positive and hope for a little bit of luck with injuries, refereeing decisions, and the purchase of a proven goalscorer.  The team are certainly showing they are up for the challenge.  Despite going 2 down the team still fought for everything, none more so than Jonsson who was magnificent today.

Two minor lapses in defence today and once again we were cruelly punished by a team in the top half.  It is the cup next week, no points to worry about, so perhaps we might have that overdue bit of luck.

The main problem we have is that we are playing the beatable teams away, and the big-guns at home. And i''m sure we''d all prefer to play the big teams away and the beatable teams at home. We need to start having lady luck looking down on us sooner than later!

As much as it pains me to say this - saw Palace on TV today after the City match - of the 3 teams who got promotion they look the most likely to survive - they are not just a one man team as some have indicated - Routledge, Watson, Riihilahti and Johnson are all showing real quality - Our determination and effort is fantastic - but without that bit of quality leading to goals and also defending more as a unit graft is not enough. I agree that once there are 9 points between then it is very difficult - we have to start turning the home games to wins and taking more points off the suspect teams like Villa- Palace played Villa off the park today - we should go to Villa park in 2 weeks and thrash them - do we have the final cutting edge up front - will there be some miracle signings?