Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Everton home support.

the whole place just struck me as a club that has died long ago....the decrepit surroundings and stands the whole nostalgic references to yesteryear dotted in and around the ground and of course the fans trudging along to the game to just sit there in silence. There really isn''t anything happening at Everton F.C and there deosnt appear much prospect that there will be anytime soon and it would appear that their fans know this too?!

Agree with Mid-Norfolk Canary about yesterday.

Although Goodison is a '' real '' football ground it''s just so outdated. For a club that hasn''t been outside the top flight since 1954 it''s a bit sad that it''s been let go to the extent that even a huge refurb would be like money down the drain. They desperately need a new stadium. I can''t remember the last time I sat in a stand with a wooden floor and I was in the '' posh '' Upper Tier. At least I got a plastic seat.

As it turned out we didn''t need a seat at all as the stewards let us stand for the full 90 mins. To be fair I thought that they and the police were very good as they kept a low profile throughout and let us enjoy the day.

Likewise the fans were friendly. We went in '' The Leigh Arms '' before and after the match. Very close to the ground it was a typical Scouse boozer ( no candlelight dinners in there ). Supporters of both teams mixed easily and the landlady brought out a free buffet afterwards. The Everton fans seemed resigned to another season of underachievement and it''s hard to disagree as they''ve no money to strengthen the team. They''ve falllen out of love with the present owner and even David Moyes comes in for some stick.It''s hardly his fault and he does a good job in the circumstances. It''s a depressing scenario all round so little wonder there was hardly any noise from them during the match.

You just know that things are bad when even young scally''s can''t be bothered to hassle you to '' look after '' your car.

If yesterday is anything to go by then there''s been far worse times to be a Norwich City fan....

I''m also amazed to hear some Everton supporters calling for Moyes to be sacked on 606 each week. Without him they would certainly be in the Championship now.

As for their ageing ground, the answer for cash-strapped Everton and Liverpool is to build a shared ground like the San Siro or Allianz Arena on Stanley Park. Trouble is both clubs are too proud to accept it. They''d much rather sink further into mediocrity while the ever expanding Manchester and London clubs win everything.

Can someone explain to me why Everton are so "Cash Strapped"? They have had Premier League money coming in as long as anyone in the top flight, get an average crowd of over 35K and have clearly spent no money on Goodison Park since building a new stand behind one goal over fifteen years ago. They hardly ever sign anyone, sold Rooney for £30M a few years back, yet they they are always skint!

A mate of mine is an Everton fan and he reckons it is down to racking up a lot of debt a while back and servicing that debt is where a lot of money has gone. They may not of made any signing recentley but they do pay high wages to keep hold of there big names.

Agree the everton fans were nearley silent which is a shame because they have some great songs (was taught a few by Everton fans in the pub after the game). My personal favourite is thier song for Marouane Fellani to the tune of I love you baby:

Marouane Fellani you are the love of my life
Marouane Fellani I''d let you **** my Wife
Marouane Fellanni I want curly hair too

Made me laugh although still prefer our ode to McVeigh

A bit off topic but I notice Lambo always mention the home support when we play away. Words to the effect that the support is great and drives them on. He did again after the match on Saturday.

Maybe looking too much in it, maybe I''m a suspicious old basket but I hope it''s not a verbal application for any vacancy with a ''big'' club

Basically Bill Kenwright is only "Delia" rich rather than Abramovich rich, and they have players on stupid money. They have fans who think they should be top 6, and therefore want to spend on players rather than infrastructure or academies. Believe it or not, Artetta actualy took a pay cut to play at Arsenal, and I''m guessing he''s not on minimum wage there.They need a Macanally type chairman to reign them in and take stock. I''ve got a lot of mates who are Blues season ticket holders, and they spend more time worrying about Liverpool than they do Everton - its an unhealthy obsession for some of them!!!I think I agree with those Everton fans criticising Moyes, he just can''t make the silk purse out of the sow''s ear this year - but Everton always start bad and get better after Chrimbo. Shame really, as a reality check into the championship might be what they need to shake them up a bit!