Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

TEAM FOR WOLVES

-------Ruddy-------

Naughton --- Martin --- Whitbread --- Tierney

Bennett ---- Fox --- Crofts ----- Pilkington

Holt ------ Morrison

Same team as the team we put out on Saturday, I reckon. We have a 5 day gap after this game which is more rest then everyone else, lets give Wolves a good go and I can see us battering them.

Im quite sure PL will make at least 4 changes today simply because we struggle with this unchanged formation at Goodison and also because he must rotate this days imo.

Pilky,Bradly,Bennet Im almost sure that will start and much possibly we will use only one from Holt and Moro in attack.

Very imp game to keep Wolves at bottom pray for draw!

Would like to see us start with Benno, Pilks and Holt up frontMorison and Hoolahan to come on later and Jackson to come on to inject some pace.                       RuddyNaughton Martin Whitbread TierneyBenno Crofts Fox Surman Pilkington                        Holtsubs: Morison Jackson Hoolahan Johnson Barnett

Ruddy

Naughton, Martin, Whitbread, Tierney

Pilkington, Fox, Crofts, Surman

Morison, Holt

Hoolahan has been off his game a little recently and with Pilkington coming in we have a bit of width to get in crosses, I prefer Pilkington on the left but Surman has been performing fairly well and is offering more than Bennett at the moment.

Ruddy
Naughton Martin Whitbread Tierney
     Benno Crofts Fox Surman   
              Holt  Morison

" so you all want Hoolahan out then? wow.

"

No harm in resting him for a game, or bringing him on as sub.It is a squad game as everybody keeps telling us - and he does work very, very hard when he is on the pitch.  Give him the benefit of  a rest for one match. No big deal, is it?  He can alwasys come on if necessary.

That''s what I reckon LDC, he can still have an inpact from the bench. Have to admit I was thinking of ^playing him tgether with Holty and leaving Morison out

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Lets surprise them with

GK.Rudd

CB.Barnett

CB.Ayala

CB.Drury

MF.Pilkington

MF.Lappin

MF.Surman

MF.Johnson

MF.Bennett

ST.Wibraham

ST.Jackson

[/quote]isn''t that the team we are playing in the 3rd round of the FA Cup ?

I would rather rest Hoolahan against Spurs.

Obviously Lambert is the manager, and which ever team he choses I will have full confidence in. (And am I right in thinking Lambert said something along the lines of we can''t expect to compete on the same level as the top teams, so we need to be beating the bottom teams, Arsenal, Man.C etc aren''t as important? Or am I completely making that up?).

We can''t expect to beat Spurs at home, we can give them a good game and have every chance of getting a point or three, but were much more likely to beat Wolves and Fulham, and unless Hoolahan needs a rest, the game against Spurs seems like the better time to do it.

I hope we go with the same line up as the last two games, it worked brilliantly against Newcastle, but Everton had a good game and made us look poor. I''m not convinced that was down to the team selection so much, a lot of it was down to Everton playing very well.

If we can replicate the Newcastle performance we will beat Wolves, easily. Just depends on wether the Newcastle was a one off, or if Everton was. (But still a win and an away draw using it is a good return...)

Also, saw at some point on here (not this thread) about how Jarvis is Wolves main threat, so Bennett should play to counter that, well from what I saw from Newcastle and Everton games (all but 20 mins of the Everton and whole Newcastle game) Crofts does just as good, if not better defensive job on the right hand side as Bennett anyway. I think people see the diamond, and think it has no width. Well of course it does, this isn''t table football were all the players are in static positions, the two CMs in the diamond, are essentially wide players a lot of the time.

I actually quite like zemas team, would be hilarious to see it. Wolves wouldn''t know what hit them. Although, maybe that would be better against one of the top teams?

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Good shout!
Wolves did that  at Man U a while ago!
To be honest it doesn''t look a bad team!

[/quote]

For the Championship you mean.

Ruddy

Naughton Martin Whitbread Tierney

Benno Crofts Fox Surman

Holt Morison

same as holahan is a great impact player to bring on

Is there a reason why people think Hoolahan is a great impact player?

I know he has magic moments, but I personally think he''s best running the game from start to finish. Can''t remember many or even any times when he''s come on and done something spectacular, maybe i''ve just forgotten it? Although if he does have 20-30 mins, perhaps he just gets straight to the good stuff?

[quote user="Pompey_88"]-------Ruddy------- Naughton --- Martin --- Whitbread --- Tierney Bennett ---- Fox --- Crofts ----- Pilkington Holt ------ Morrison[/quote]

i''d have this team as well

4-5-1

Ruddy

Naughton, Martin, Whitbread, Tierney

Benno, Crofts, Fox, Johnson, Pilky

Morison

Holty on the bench to come on with 25 minutes to go and maybe Jacko gets a good 15minutes. It all depends if Morison is over his illness from last week, which I suspect he is.

Hoolahan as an impact sub, against WBA (his best game he played wide left in the second half and against qpr he created the cross for the winner). He has not warranted a starting place certainly with his performance against Everton and even against Newcastle he was not integral to our attacking play. I also think defensively although he has massively improved, in the system we played at Everton he was past with ease and looked liek a headless chicken.

5 man midfield with Pilky and Benno to give extra support defensively, but also to then pass are way through the midfield and then take on their full backs. Morison to play a little deeper so not so isolated and lay off for midfield to play Benno and Pilky in behind.

Who knows but either way this is a critical game for Wolves, I will take a draw. But by god if we were to get a win now I would be over the moon. This game is bigger than the Everton game, it can push us further ahead and mean that a rival has had three points taken away from them. But this game is also critcal for Wolves, so should be blood and thunder, if we start slow then we will be in trouble.

Bring it on!