Sign in to follow this  
calriv

Point gained or two points dropped?

Yes it''s an away game and we got a point, but we did lead twice and should have killed the game off. It does keep us in the top half of the table. Unlucky boys, keep going and we''ll get the results.

Despite some great play from Wolves at the end, for me two points dropped.

Suppose I should give Wolves a bit more credit and say draw is fair result. But thought we played so well early on, should have got more than one goal. Then conceded unnecessarily again, Wolves stepped it up a bit after that. Very back and forwards second half.

Game could have easily had 4-5 more goals in it....

After being in front twice we should have won, end of. Especially that close to the end. Very disappointing.

It''s a point gained - look in the paper tomorrow. In this league you''re never sure of getting 3 points even when you''re leading in the last minute.

Could have had 6 points this week instead we have to settle for 2 , we are playing some great football but you do have to wonder how we are going to win away and how many we need to score to do it !

defo point gained.

yes we dominated play, but they had some killer chances in the last 10 mins.

its an away game. what more do people want?

..........apart from a clean sheet and for naughton to stop crosses going in

Win your home games, draw your away games. We have gained a point away, and restricted a relegation candidate to a point at home.Doesnt matter what order the goals come in, it is a good point in my book.

Noot a terrible result, but Wolves are a very poor side in this League. I hate the fact we can to to places like Molineux and score 2, but only get 1 point. We have some tough games coming up, we really need to get the defence sorted.

Great game and definitely a point gained. In 2005 we got relegated with 7 away points. Not losing away means we can put together little runs of 3 games without a defeat or lose only 1 in 6, that breeds confidence and you can see that confidence emerging in the players now.

The players deserve a huge amount of credit for how they have performed up to now.

[quote user="lake district canary"]You bunch of saddo''s - don''t recognise a match that could have gone either way. Should be celebrating not whinging.[/quote]

LDC what are you on about?

We had the lead TWICE. Yes it could have gone either way, but why can you not understand people might be slightly upset we were unable to hold on. We dominated for however long it was until Wolves scored. Morison and Surman both should have scored with early efforts 3-1 at that point.

You can''t come on here and tell people they can''t be slightly disappointed. And your also really exaggerating with the word ''whinging''

And from Wiz.

Hard ground to go to?

No, Man.C, Man.U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs are hard grounds to go to, then maybe Everton, Newcastle, Villa. Wolves are right in the mix for relegation, have been poor a lot of this season, after taking the lead and dominating we should establish that lead and further it.

This whole ''In 2005'' Wolves is a hard away game blah, its all rubbish. Its not about what has happened before, or what will happen. Its about what happened over the 90 mins, and while Wolves also played a great game and i''m still very happy to have got the point, its not a point gained.

Couldn''t be more proud of the boys, great effort.

Do feel that we need to bring in Pilks & Bennett against Spurs though. Their wide-men will have a field day against the 4 midfielders who started tonight.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lake district canary"]You bunch of saddo''s - don''t recognise a match that could have gone either way. Should be celebrating not whinging.[/quote]

LDC what are you on about?

We had the lead TWICE. Yes it could have gone either way, but why can you not understand people might be slightly upset we were unable to hold on. We dominated for however long it was until Wolves scored. Morison and Surman both should have scored with early efforts 3-1 at that point.

You can''t come on here and tell people they can''t be slightly disappointed. And your also really exaggerating with the word ''whinging''

And from Wiz.

Hard ground to go to?

No, Man.C, Man.U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs are hard grounds to go to, then maybe Everton, Newcastle, Villa. Wolves are right in the mix for relegation, have been poor a lot of this season, after taking the lead and dominating we should establish that lead and further it.[/quote]Sorry Ginge, but Wolves and Man City are the two sides we have the worst record against.

Not a point gained? Ok we were on top for the first 30 mins and should have had two.pens. but wolves gave as good as they got and away points at everton and wolves are great. Get a bloody grip.people. ffs.

It''s a point gained. A cracking match where both teams had periods of dominance but neither could land the killer blow. A point closer to the Europa League next season and three matches unbeaten. What''s not to like?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]It''s a point gained. A cracking match where both teams had periods of dominance but neither could land the killer blow. [/quote]Exactly. I would be disappointed if we were two nil up, or if we dominated the game. But frankly I thought it was a very even game which could have gone either way. A one goal lead in a game like that is never a solid one.. You can be sure the Wolves fans would have been looking at this game as one they should be winning, so we should be a lot happier than them.

But Ricardo, why do those records matter?

Lambert hasn''t managed us against Wolves has he? Thats what matters.

Its great to go three unbeaten. But I thought, really based on the last two games we should have taken 4 points not 2. 2 is great, but surely having had the lead 3 times in the last two games, 2 points is 4 points dropped?

I don''t want anyone accusing me of being selfish, or anything like that. I appreciate what we''ve got, it was a great effort and a great game. But surely you can realise that we should be able to hold onto 1 goal leads, without having to have made it a 2 goal lead first. Pretty much 35 mins of dominance in the first half, a possible penalty, a great headed chance for Morison, a couple of great efforts from Surman and Hoolahan from edge of the area, plus a few other chances. We should be able to extend our lead, or at least go in at half time 1-0. Wolves played well, mainly in the second half, and especially in the last 10 minuets, and had almost as many great chances (maybe even more clear cut chances) as us, but taking the lead, playing well, dominating even. We should have taken 3 points.

Well I’m a little disappointed; we could have had 6 points from our last two games! Wolves are a decent team, but not to be feared – let’s be upbeat though, 9th position leading into Xmas is pretty impressive!

GP, sometimes you are too critical.   Just relax and enjoy what was a great match and an away point.

Yes we could have won, but we could have lost too.

Sometimes in matches like this you just have to say great effort from both teams and enjoy!

It''s not our fault the ref didn''t give us the pen when we were 1-0 up had we have been given that we would have gone on to win no problem .

[quote user="lake district canary"]

GP, sometimes you are too critical.   Just relax and enjoy what was a great match and an away point.

Yes we could have won, but we could have lost too.

Sometimes in matches like this you just have to say great effort from both teams and enjoy!

[/quote]Agreed - Surely of all fans, we should understand that late goals go both ways [:)]

When I was watching the first half, I honestly thought we were going to destroy Wolves.

Thinking of the 36 minuets before Ebanks Blake scored, surely everyone can agree we absolutely dominated, Wolves had one great chance (should have scored), but we had chance after chance, penalty appeal, some great saves from Hennessey. Wolves did not have a 36 min period when they dominated, they played very well second half, maybe slightly edging us overall in that half. But really, the only periods where they dominated like we did, were from the corner after there second goal until the final whistle, and maybe for a few mins after their first goal. Rest of the time it was end to end stuff.

Great game to watch, but i''m a Norwich fan, I would rather a boring 1-0 win when we deserve the result, than a great game finishing 2-2. I just thought we overall were better, but neither side failed to secure the game, despite numerous chances for both sides, we let our dominance slip with a sloppy goal once again.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]But Ricardo, why do those records matter?

Lambert hasn''t managed us against Wolves has he? Thats what matters.

Its great to go three unbeaten. But I thought, really based on the last two games we should have taken 4 points not 2. 2 is great, but surely having had the lead 3 times in the last two games, 2 points is 4 points dropped?

I don''t want anyone accusing me of being selfish, or anything like that. I appreciate what we''ve got, it was a great effort and a great game. But surely you can realise that we should be able to hold onto 1 goal leads, without having to have made it a 2 goal lead first. Pretty much 35 mins of dominance in the first half, a possible penalty, a great headed chance for Morison, a couple of great efforts from Surman and Hoolahan from edge of the area, plus a few other chances. We should be able to extend our lead, or at least go in at half time 1-0. Wolves played well, mainly in the second half, and especially in the last 10 minuets, and had almost as many great chances (maybe even more clear cut chances) as us, but taking the lead, playing well, dominating even. We should have taken 3 points.[/quote]When you''ve been watching games as long as I have you will find that for no apparant reason certain teams always give us more trouble than others. There''s no logical reason for it but it happens time and again. Wolves have always been one of those teams as have Man City and Coventry. We have much better records against Spurs and Chelsea.I''m always happy with anything at Wolves.