Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Some fans won't be happy until......

Some fans will never be happy.   I finished watching a great game of football, watching us play Wolves off the park for 25 minutes. Get pegged back

but still pushing forward for a winner. Getting another goal and then watching while Wolves did everything they could to get back in the game.

Brilliant stuff, one of the best games I''ve watched this season.   A credit to Norwich (and Wolves).

I go online to share my excitement and enjoyment of the game and all I find are loads of people complaining!?  

The celebration of a football feast surely isn''t beyond the scope of you complainers?

There were two teams on the pitch last night. You can''t have it your own way for a whole match.  Mistakes are going to happen.  

Some of you need to get a grip and learn to enjoy your football, not be so neurotic about what may or may not happen at the end of the season.

I read some of the posts last night and started thinking we must have lost the match. 

Maybe I am out of touch with what is happening at our club, but I thought we were doing quite well and to go anywhere in the premiership and boss

a team around like we did in the first 25 minutes is such a plus in my eyes - and bodes well for the future.

Get a grip you sousers and try and enjoy your football more. 

End of rant.    [st]

Spot on LDC . People seem to just worry about the points all the time. Let Lambert do that bit. You have to enjoy it at the minute because it does not get much better than this. Enjoy the ride people because come what may when we stay up some of you will be saying " I wish I enjoyed it a bit more" a point at everton against a team that dominated midfield is outstanding. Last night was a cracker and a joy to watch. Two great points, not points dropped and now we have 21. Laughing. Positive thinking gets you a long way... otbc.

Couldn''t agree more - we''ve had successive promotions & we''re holding our own in the PL with basically a squad made up of former Championship and League One players. Furthermore we''re playing exciting attacking skillfull football the likes of which haven''t been seen for nearly 20 years, if ever. I''ve watched all the games & it''s been more or less full on excitement, tension and drama in every game from day one to last night.We''re definitely over achieving by a considerable margin so I don''t understand what it is that people want in addition to what they''re getting at the moment as believe me, it doesn''t get much better than this.Enjoy the moment & stop worrying & whinging.

LDC - I also entirely agree.

I think some people just see supporting a football club as an opportunity to moan, whinge and criticise.

Any fan who is genuinely disappointed by anything this season would never be happy.

Every player is giving his all to the club and although we''ve grown used to expecting this over the past few years we shouldn''t take it for granted ... Roeder''s/Gunn''s team of loanees was really not that long ago.

What more do people expect!!!  

Erm, well in fairness, if people do support a football club purely as "an opportunity to moan, whinge and criticise", they are well within their rights to do so. They spend the same amount of money as you do!

I don''t think anyone has come in and said it was a rubbish match where we were completely and utterly rubbish and we''re going to get relegated, or that we were bored stupid. In fact, I think even those of us who haven''t been massively positive (me included) have said it was a very entertaining game that we enjoyed watching.

But to say that we (I) thought it was one of our weaker performances, and that Wolves were the better side over the course of the whole game doesn''t mean we are suggesting the whole season has been a nightmare so far or that we expect to win every game. I expect that we won''t perform to our very best standards every game, and I am thrilled to take points away from home when we''re not at our very best, especially when it''s an entertaining open game to boot. And if I don''t think it was one of our better performances, I''ll come and say that, terrible fan that I am ;)

Nice post LDC, good exciting game, reminded me a little of the 2-2 League 1 draw at Southampton in the pouring rain, but City came back to equalise in that one. Another point gained is the way I see it and more importantly we didn’t lose to a team below us who saw this fixture as a three point banker.

Aggy, you can''t deny that we bossed the game for the first 25 minutes. Where has that happened this season? We''ve had some good spells in matches, but to see us dish it out like that bodes well for the future, doesn''t it?

So we didn''t win the match - but we didn''t lose it either.  The team are learning and I think theye will have learnt quite alot last night. Yes, that they need to improve - as always - doesn''t any team - but they can take confidence from controlling a lrage part of the first half, and then holding out for a draw after a predictable backlash from Wolves.

You are a good fan like the rest of us - I and others are merely putting counter arguments about what we see in matches - trying to point out the positives as well as knowing the negatives.

Drury TM10 you are right, just like the thread regarding why there is less comment on this message board. It is because things are moving in the right direction.

Last season was a season that I thoroughly enjoyed, it was a season that will never happen again. I was looking at possible mid-table and felt our squad was not strong enough against some mediocre championship sides. At Xmas, I still thought well we could look at play offs but even if we missed out it would have been a great season. However each game, when I would watch it, I would never celebrate until the final whistle and then thoughts would move to the next fixture.

I will always remember the late goals, the win at pompey after boro gave us a favour and that run of games which kicked off days before Swansea''s and QPR''s fixtures where we always put them under pressure. But I was in shock when we did, emotional shock. I don''t think I truely celebrated I was taken over with emotion of awe of what we had achieved with players that were not stars in that division.

I am a nervy fan, who certainly beleives in constructive critiscism and praise when it is due. I also think it is harder to get out of the championship than to stay in this division and hence why I am always looking at ways for us to improve because we can stay up. It will be disappointingk if we miss out because I think we would struggle to bounce back and I think that is why I drive myself to think we can achieve and do better. I want 17th place and above, next season I would want the same as we do not have the financial clout to really push up even after 1 season in the prem. (certainly if west ham and maybe another big club came up with £££ to spend).

We have players that are learning, but this is the highest level, you have to learn quickly because it is an unforgiving league. We have a few boys in our squads that prem. teams have decided that they are not good enough for it Ward, Barnett, Ruddy and hence are performing very well and that desire to prove them wrong is massive.

Am I enjoying this season? With Lambert in charge I believe we can give it a great shot at staying up and believe in some games we will win before kick-off. So in some ways yes, but in regard to the task at hand I will enjoy it when I can look back over the season. But that is just the way I am. I see it as a task, I can compliment and praise a good performance but if we were to go down I would be disappointed but full of admiration. We have players that I see as good championship players becoming premiership players, a number are raw but at other teams could be regular first team squad members. We are in a great position where they can push on and stay in this division, with the Jan window bringing in new faces, competition and key word, quality, to the squad.

Enjoy the run-in? Well maybe a little but it is each game as it comes and move on as soon as the final whistle goes to that next fixture. I never find football carthartic and in fact in all the sports I watch where I have a vested interest. However some sports I can enjoy for the drama and performance. But again that is just me and I am sure there are more like me, who will look back at the season and then enjoy. I just feel with each game there is so much riding on it.

A few people seem to be overly critical and negative but the majority just seems to be constructive.

I''m happy with the point & way we played last night but there was an opportunity to win and 3 points, if certain things were done and with better game management.

LDC, I agree too...

Naturally you want your team to win, but we played well and got a point away. I must say I had mixed feelings straight after the game, because we went ahead twice and we couldn''t hang on. After 5 mins or 10 I realised what a good performance we had put in, at a place where it is not easy to go. They needed the points, but got only one. We gained a point away I feel.
I feel buoyant about CITY and long may it continue!!!!

It is a shame if we are treating this season differently to last season.  Last season it was a case of marvelling how we kept up the consistency and how well the team kept on performing - getting better and better. 

On the evidence of last night it''s similar - there are noticeable improvements going on week by week.  I know it''s hard for people sometimes to just watch and enjoy the ride, there is a lot at stake.  I think that for some of us, though, we get tremendous enjoyment out of watching the process of evolution of the team. 

They are improving - just like the last two seasons.

If we can just forget about the premiership and just concentrate on watching how the team is improving - then it will be more enjoyable.

I feel that the great thing that has been happening is that the management team have a philosophy that works - self improvement - self belief - and focus.  Its something we can look on and admire and I don''t think many clubs have got it. 

Spot on LCD. You make a very good point about the team continuing to improve. For me this is the major thing that has happened in every season that Lambert has been here. In League 1 we chased down and overtook Leeds and Charlton even though they were miles ahead at one time. Last year it took us a while to get into the play off places but we never stopped pressing for better and higher until we got there.

This year I think, as you say, there are real signs that the same is begining to happen. Two tough away games - unbeaten, could have had more. Traditionally the second half of the season is tough for newly promoted teams but I have a feeling that we will be able to maintain a mid table place. 

LDC, I think you last statement is totally accurate. The ethos here is superb and it is what is making us great as a unit.

The team is improving and each window allows an opportunity to improve with little tweaks here and there. But there is no question we are improving and it is a pleasure to witness it. Never a dull moment with NCFC, probably why I love that I am fortunate I support a team that has highs and lows.

We have to treat each season differently, it is just the nature if you go up or go down a division. But you can also enjoy your team challenging against new opponents with different challenges or weaknesses. I am always looking for continual improvement in regard to the long term, with new players come in looking to establish for 2-3 seasons that starting position. Players such as Ruddy, Tierney and Johnson are players that if they take their chance could be here for years in starting roles. We have Pilky and Benno who again can do exactly the same thing, that is exciting and if they continue to progress in this manner then they will.

I think as said before we have been a victim of our own success in some regards, but by god if we can stay in this division it can be a fruitful time for this club and we can maintain success at a more moderate level.

LDC, if you are directing your remarks at tose who are just negative and whinging whatever happens, then I''d agree with you. But I really do not see that in the vast, vast majority of posters on this forum .

At the one end of the scale there are a few "yellow tinted specs" types who mindlessly think everything is perfect and cannot be improved. At the other end are the moaners. But in between the majority speak as they find, and generally offer praise where it''s due and then  offer constructive criticism where it''s due. Is there really anything wrong with that. OK there was a lot to be pleased about re the performance last night, but by the same token a hell of a lot that could be improved upon. Is highlighting that really "negative" ?

I suspect that there are many , myself included, who have marvelled at what''s happened under Lambert, but recognise that we''ve now reached the time that, to keep the club progressing, we have to move to the next stage/level. Up the ante, if you like. And we perhaps need to readdress some things.

Quite contrary to being negative, I''d say that those who criticise certain things are actually being positive , and wish to see the club move even further upwards.

Good ol'' boy Eric[Y]

All those who have yellow tinted specs are wrong[8-|]

All those who moan all the time are also wrong[:@]

But those who criticise half the time are right[*]

Surely each positive and negative post can be judged on it''s merits?

I dfo think most of the negatives posted this week after two away draws are ridiculous. [8-|]

But I guess someone like me would think that...

[quote user="Aggy"]Erm, well in fairness, if people do support a football club purely as "an opportunity to moan, whinge and criticise", they are well within their rights to do so. They spend the same amount of money as you do! I don''t think anyone has come in and said it was a rubbish match where we were completely and utterly rubbish and we''re going to get relegated, or that we were bored stupid. In fact, I think even those of us who haven''t been massively positive (me included) have said it was a very entertaining game that we enjoyed watching. But to say that we (I) thought it was one of our weaker performances, and that Wolves were the better side over the course of the whole game doesn''t mean we are suggesting the whole season has been a nightmare so far or that we expect to win every game. I expect that we won''t perform to our very best standards every game, and I am thrilled to take points away from home when we''re not at our very best, especially when it''s an entertaining open game to boot. And if I don''t think it was one of our better performances, I''ll come and say that, terrible fan that I am ;)[/quote]

I don''t deny people the right to moan I just think that some peoples criticism is unfair considering where we have recently come from and where we are now.

Some seem to moan for the sake of moaning irrespective of how excellent and committed the players are and that seems a shame. But, as you insinuate, if constant and unfounded grumbling floats your boat then fair enough.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I guess that''s what I was driving at, Nutty, when I said that the vast majority "speak as they find" when they post. It''s pretty unusual for anything to be ALL right, or ALL wrong (though some of the performances under Grant, Roeder and Gunn came pretty close to disproving that little theory !)

But, if you were having a pop (which I take it you are), I never said that people should criticise half the time . Only that if there is any criticism, it should be of a constructive nature.

And to my mind at least, most of the criticism voiced since the weekend HAS been measured and constructive. In fact, far from "ridiculous" , as you put it.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I guess that''s what I was driving at, Nutty, when I said that the vast majority "speak as they find" when they post. It''s pretty unusual for anything to be ALL right, or ALL wrong (though some of the performances under Grant, Roeder and Gunn came pretty close to disproving that little theory !)

But, if you were having a pop (which I take it you are), I never said that people should criticise half the time . Only that if there is any criticism, it should be of a constructive nature.

And to my mind at least, most of the criticism voiced since the weekend HAS been measured and constructive. In fact, far from "ridiculous" , as you put it.

[/quote]

Oh come on Eric. How am I "having a pop"? Constructive criticism can be debated and is one of the things that make this board so popular. But mindless criticism will usually result in posters "having a pop" as you put it. Each post can be judged on it''s merit. But remember that one mans constructive criticism can be mindless to another.

Don''t disagree with any of that,Nige, and I''m happy to accept that you were not having a go.

I would hope that I never indulge in "mindless criticism", but , as you so rightly say, one man''s meat is another man''s poison. . But I''d think that the vast majority of posters on here are objective enough to recognise negativity for the sake of it , and a constructive take on any given issue.

I''m actually astounded by this LDC.

Who is actually seriously moaning?

It was a great game last night, but WE COULD HAVE WON. That is why people are bringing it up, its not a negative point, in the last two games we had 3 one goal leads, and let all of them slip, we nearly ended up losing both games, despite being in a great position to go on and win.

I''ll say again for the thousandth time, i''m delighted with where we are, and two away points in great. But doesn''t matter how great the game is, where we were two years ago, how poor our record is against Wolves. We dominated for 35, should have built a 2 or 3 goal lead. Then let Wolves back into the game, it was then a very back and forwards game, with Wovles not really dominating in the same way we did until the last 10 mins, even then we were still attacking.

No one (as far as I can tell) Is complaining that much, your just exaggerating everything and can''t let anyone have a less than 100% optimistic opinion. I get all your points, and not denying them, but yesterday was a game, during which we had the better play overall, had the chances to really take control of the game, and failed. If it was a one off, then it would be acceptable. But we did it against Everton, against WBA, against Stoke, against Wigan. Again, i''m delighted with were we are, and I never expected us to do this well or any better, but i''m only looking at what has happened in these games, and pointing out things could have gone better. Things for me at least, seem to have gone against us more than they have gone for us (Games like Arsenal and Blackburn we were maybe lucky, but Wigan, Stoke, WBA, Man.U, Everton and Wolves were all games we either got really unlucky in through no fault of our own, or failed to take command when given the chance.)

It really annoys me, people moaning about people having a slightly negative (not even negative, just not extremely grateful). We are allowed to say what we want (within limits) no one is saying the team is crap, we should be doing better, were going to get relegated. People are just looking at whats happened in games likes yesterday and just ever so slightly disappointed the team didn''t manage to do what we know they can do.

I''m not as confident as you on that one Eric.

Last night I heard a Wolves fan say that they should be beating teams like Norwich. His reasoning was that they were now on their 3rd season since promotion whilst we are newly promoted. Now I bet he thought that was constructive but to my mind it was nothing of the sort.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Last night I heard a Wolves fan say that they should be beating teams like Norwich. His reasoning was that they were now on their 3rd season since promotion whilst we are newly promoted. Now I bet he thought that was constructive but to my mind it was nothing of the sort.

[/quote]

Yes, Nige, but you are talking about an inbred Black Country halfwit.

How''s about that for a spot of mindless criticism .........?!

I said it was a crap performance but a good point from a place we traditionally return from empty handed. I also said Moro didn''t run very much.

Apparently that means I dont appreciate how well the team is doing, Im not enjoying being in the Prem, I need to get a life and learn how to enjoy the good times, and various other nonsensical comments just because I wasn''t enamoured with the performance and I thought Wolves had the better chances.

I am so done with this message board, it used to be a place to express views and chat to other fans, now it''s full of tossers trying to score virtual metaphorical points off each other. I''ve been a member of this board since 2005 and this will be my last post on here.

kick it off, did you really think Moro didn''t run very much?

I thought that was about the most amount of running i''ve seen him do in one game to be honest. Did most of Holt''s running for him, it was Holt I thought had a slightly off par game. Shows how we all see things differently I suppose.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Couldn''t agree more - we''ve had successive promotions & we''re holding our own in the PL with basically a squad made up of former Championship and League One players. Furthermore we''re playing exciting attacking skillfull football the likes of which haven''t been seen for nearly 20 years, if ever. I''ve watched all the games & it''s been more or less full on excitement, tension and drama in every game from day one to last night.We''re definitely over achieving by a considerable margin so I don''t understand what it is that people want in addition to what they''re getting at the moment as believe me, it doesn''t get much better than this.Enjoy the moment & stop worrying & whinging. [/quote]