Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Great performance, system worked very well, but...

I am going to admit that I thought we would change our system, but the style of play in the first half was brilliant, with only the one concern that we went in at 1-1 without that cutting edge to take advantage. However there was still the treat from there wide men and we failed to clear whenever the ball was put in our box with three defenders.

Second half they came out and gave it some, are they any good? Well no not really, if we had had level heads I feel we could have nulified there attack then and the subs came on for us and we took the lead with great play from Morison. For me a great performance, a great performance and I desperately wanted a little more than the 1 point, but a great point and with results going our way in the other game a good evening.

I do think the Fulham game at home becomes big, the spurs game who knows we just go for it. But for me it is two points gained where we have had the chance to get that little bit more. In time we will but we do need that belief that we can hold out for that win, or play to our strengths and get that killer goal. The time never seemed to go quick enough to finish the game.

I think tonight proved that we are missing that controlled, assured, commanding presence on the field that can shake us down and lead from the back.

I think that controlled, assuring head in the middle of the park is David Fox. However I cannot blame his removal for the second goal conceded, as it arose from a corner. Had we kept the ball better in the final stages however, I think it wouldn''t nearly have been as nail biting! Whether he is strong and physical enough to control the middle of the pitch is another matter.

I think you''re right, smooth. We need precisely that: a big figure who can stand up tall and bring the ball out of defence. I imagine someone like Martin Taylor, but, er, better. Any ideas? Just to be clear: I''m not moaning. I think we''re doing really well at the moment, but I think we can do better.Still, nice nod in the Telegraph report:''Take nothing away from Norwich City though. Their effervescent football is a welcome diversion from the snooze-inducing tactics that other teams inflict on supporters every week and two points from trips to Everton and Molineux represent an impressive return for Paul Lambert, their progressive manager.''http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8968039/Wolverhampton-Wanderers-2-Norwich-City-2-match-report.htmlOne nice thing is that, despite the crapping on of the likes of Demba Ba, we''re getting noticed for playing good football and not just lumping it forward to two muscle men.

Largey I would say that the calming, controlled head is needed certainly in one of the two centre halves and hence would make Fox a better player. But I would have to say that is the gaping hole in our team at the moment and personally I would like another assured head coming in helping close out games or during games just shake us up and take control in the midfield position as well as the centre half position.

I think that is why so many of us before the start of the season were still mentioning that we needed leaders on the field. We have some great players, playing out of their skins but they have looked at time in panic mode when defending. No question this type of leadership has unfortunately cost us in our last 2 games. Yes against (on paper) a good Everton team and a resilient Wolves side, points away from home are superb but we were in the position for that bit more. We know how these results can sometimes bite you and in this cut-throat league it usually does.

I am delighted with the performance, I can certainly say that the players I would have left out (Hoolahan and Surman) played exceptionally well. I was surprised we played so well in the first half, when we changed the team in the second half we maybe delayed it a little with Wolves gaining the initiative in the second half. It was here that we needed that assurance, we have it in the manager, but on the field not so much.

Like I said you move on, we have picked two points from two very tricky away games. At Carrow Road we can feel confident about both (although Everton no question are under-performing), and get the reward for lost points in these two games. But we move to Spurs after watching teams around us play 2 games before we go on the field on the 27th. We have options and can look forward to getting in a good game, maybe that 1 upset of the year can come so soon after xmas. But then two big games, Fulham at Home and QPR Away. Look forward to them because again they can bring us points. I did say I would have liked 5 points from the Everton, Wolves and Fulham games, just would have been nice to get that second away win. But I think with some new acquisitions we will be much nearer to it than others will think.

Everyone I spoke to walking out of Molineux agreed with me that we were lucky to get a point smooth. Going to have to disagree that it was a great performance. For the first 20 minutes we were the better side and should have scored 3. But other than that Wolves outplayed us.

Naughton was caught out far too often, although to be fair to him he was often attempting to mark two players when nobody got a cross to cover him. Hoolahan played very high up the park and the midfield was bypassed. Fox did well with the ball at his feet, but he didn''t sweep up as well as he needed to tonight, given the formation. Hoolahan didn''t do a lot. Holt couldn''t seem to get involved as much as he wanted. We didn''t move well off the ball at all - even in the first twenty minutes a lot of our better stuff came from decent balls over the top rather than small intricate "triangle" passes or anything like that.

The lack of width showed - in fact, the only real time we got in behind their defence down the flanks, Tierney crossed for Jackson to tap home. Had we had that threat for the full game I think we would have caused some serious problems.

The defence actually didn''t look too bad. I am a massive critic of Whitbread and have said in the past that I rate him as probably the weakest of our centre halves. However, tonight he did seem to offer a bit of composure and actually was the one organising the back line a lot of the time. Naughton still worries me - he can''t defend well and didn''t look very good going forward either.

Don''t get me wrong, I would have quite happily have taken a point before the game tonight, so I''m not disappointed with the result. However, if I''m being totally honest, they probably deserved to win and it was one of the weaker performances I''ve seen in a while. Yet we still got the points. One thing that did worry me though was that we seemed to lack a bit of the fighting spirit that we normally have. We didn''t win very many second balls at all, and sometimes didn''t even bother challenging for the first. I don''t know if it was just that we got outnumbered in the middle of the park (a lot of the time Crofts was left on his own centrally with two Wolves players around him), or if we were maybe just a bit tired.

I''m not sure it was the right formation tonight, and I am sure it was not a great performance. That being said, if you can go and get a point away from home when you don''t perform at your best, then that''s a pretty good sign and overall i''d say it was a decent point.

[quote user="Aggy"]Everyone I spoke to walking out of Molineux agreed with me that we were lucky to get a point smooth. Going to have to disagree that it was a great performance. For the first 20 minutes we were the better side and should have scored 3. But other than that Wolves outplayed us. Naughton was caught out far too often, although to be fair to him he was often attempting to mark two players when nobody got a cross to cover him. Hoolahan played very high up the park and the midfield was bypassed. Fox did well with the ball at his feet, but he didn''t sweep up as well as he needed to tonight, given the formation. Hoolahan didn''t do a lot. Holt couldn''t seem to get involved as much as he wanted. We didn''t move well off the ball at all - even in the first twenty minutes a lot of our better stuff came from decent balls over the top rather than small intricate "triangle" passes or anything like that. The lack of width showed - in fact, the only real time we got in behind their defence down the flanks, Tierney crossed for Jackson to tap home. Had we had that threat for the full game I think we would have caused some serious problems. The defence actually didn''t look too bad. I am a massive critic of Whitbread and have said in the past that I rate him as probably the weakest of our centre halves. However, tonight he did seem to offer a bit of composure and actually was the one organising the back line a lot of the time. Naughton still worries me - he can''t defend well and didn''t look very good going forward either. Don''t get me wrong, I would have quite happily have taken a point before the game tonight, so I''m not disappointed with the result. However, if I''m being totally honest, they probably deserved to win and it was one of the weaker performances I''ve seen in a while. Yet we still got the points. One thing that did worry me though was that we seemed to lack a bit of the fighting spirit that we normally have. We didn''t win very many second balls at all, and sometimes didn''t even bother challenging for the first. I don''t know if it was just that we got outnumbered in the middle of the park (a lot of the time Crofts was left on his own centrally with two Wolves players around him), or if we were maybe just a bit tired. I''m not sure it was the right formation tonight, and I am sure it was not a great performance. That being said, if you can go and get a point away from home when you don''t perform at your best, then that''s a pretty good sign and overall i''d say it was a decent point.[/quote]

happy chappy

I thought we were fantastic tonight particularly the first half, we really should have been ahead going into the break considering the amount of possession we had.

Molineux is a tough place to visit so another valuable point on our travels.

But seriously can someone please tell me how many times we have scored first or been ahead and have not been able to defend the lead.

We are obviously scoring enough goals but need to shore up the defence.

Still, in all, I am happy with the result. 

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="Aggy"]Everyone I spoke to walking out of Molineux agreed with me that we were lucky to get a point smooth. Going to have to disagree that it was a great performance. For the first 20 minutes we were the better side and should have scored 3. But other than that Wolves outplayed us. Naughton was caught out far too often, although to be fair to him he was often attempting to mark two players when nobody got a cross to cover him. Hoolahan played very high up the park and the midfield was bypassed. Fox did well with the ball at his feet, but he didn''t sweep up as well as he needed to tonight, given the formation. Hoolahan didn''t do a lot. Holt couldn''t seem to get involved as much as he wanted. We didn''t move well off the ball at all - even in the first twenty minutes a lot of our better stuff came from decent balls over the top rather than small intricate "triangle" passes or anything like that. The lack of width showed - in fact, the only real time we got in behind their defence down the flanks, Tierney crossed for Jackson to tap home. Had we had that threat for the full game I think we would have caused some serious problems. The defence actually didn''t look too bad. I am a massive critic of Whitbread and have said in the past that I rate him as probably the weakest of our centre halves. However, tonight he did seem to offer a bit of composure and actually was the one organising the back line a lot of the time. Naughton still worries me - he can''t defend well and didn''t look very good going forward either. Don''t get me wrong, I would have quite happily have taken a point before the game tonight, so I''m not disappointed with the result. However, if I''m being totally honest, they probably deserved to win and it was one of the weaker performances I''ve seen in a while. Yet we still got the points. One thing that did worry me though was that we seemed to lack a bit of the fighting spirit that we normally have. We didn''t win very many second balls at all, and sometimes didn''t even bother challenging for the first. I don''t know if it was just that we got outnumbered in the middle of the park (a lot of the time Crofts was left on his own centrally with two Wolves players around him), or if we were maybe just a bit tired. I''m not sure it was the right formation tonight, and I am sure it was not a great performance. That being said, if you can go and get a point away from home when you don''t perform at your best, then that''s a pretty good sign and overall i''d say it was a decent point.[/quote]

happy chappy

[/quote]

What a wonderful insight into the game. Do you manage a youth team or something? With that depth of tactical analysis, you really ought to.

[quote user="Aggy"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

happy chappy

[/quote] What a wonderful insight into the game. Do you manage a youth team or something? With that depth of tactical analysis, you really ought to.[/quote]

it was just rather depressing reading that after feeling that was a well deserved point. I agree with you on Naughton, but thought hoolahan was fantastic in the second half.

Wolves were awful in the first 30 mins and we were looking really sharp and generally thought the 2 teams were even with us perhaps having more bite until the last 10 mins when they got the goal and as they are the home side wanted to go for it. but to be fair so did we. We didn''t give up as always as well as having a bit of luck.

you can''t really complain too much Aggy, we were in league 1 two years ago, we have limited funds available, we were away from home, we played a diamond formation which will garuntee you goals as well as letting them in which has worked for the last 2 years, so why can''t it work now. You can say the midfield or strikers didn''t do enough, but for me a point away at a prem team ground for a newly promoted club where we were infront twice with good goals, may not be good enough for you, but it is for me.

I totally agree with Aggy. We were incredibly lucky to walk out with a point (according to the Wolves fans the last goal was onside but I had a crap view and haven''t seen any replays yet) but regardless of that, we were very poor tonight and torn apart at times by a pretty awful Wolves team.

Holt and Moro didnt look interested, Hooly got the assist for Surman and played Moro (Not Tierney Aggy) in to set up the 2nd but apart from that did nothing except give the ball away, Surman actually looked OK for me tonight, Crofts didn''t give Naughton much protection and kept drifting into the middle of the pitch leaving Naughton exposed vs a very good Jarvis. Fox looked decent but lacked defensively and I thought the back 4 did OK considering it was like the Alamo for most of the 2nd half. Naughton got ripped to shreds but wasn''t helped out enough but both the goals were poor defending. Thought R. Martin was probably MOTM for me.

First 25/30mins we were sublime and had we kept that up we''d have won it 3 or 4 nil but we suddenly seemed to want to defend on our own six yard box and we were pretty terrible for the last hour or so.

The key point for me, as Aggy mentioned is we didnt win any 2nd balls and we got beaten in the air constantly.

I thought the ref had a shocker and there looked to be at least 1 clear handball and good shouts for a couple more but im yet to see the replays.

Mrs Miggins: I dont think anyone is complaining about getting the point, we''re just saying we didn''t deserve it and we didn''t play well, but i''ll happily take that. If you thought Hoolahan was superb you''re on a different wavelength to me though, I thought he was absolutely awful except the assist and a lovely ball through to Moro for the 2nd - he didnt track back, he constantly gave the ball away and was generally pretty poor, by far our worst performance imo.

Geez, maybe I wasn''t watching the same game as everybody also.

To say we were poor is just plain wrong.

Maybe the naysayers should start and channel so positiveness for a change.

If we were as crap as you describe maybe the point is well deserved.

I am obviously along way from Norwich and am not living it or being exposed to it hour by hour or day by day like you locals but maybe we should be celebrrating the fact that we were 1st Division two years ago and here we are in the top half heading into Christmas in the premier league.

I think at this time of the year there is plenty to be thankful for and some of you are being unnecessarily critical. There was not one statement on that Wolves site that was accurate. It was written by disgruntled fans of a team that at this stage, is destined for another relegation fight.

Wake up and enjoy the experience - you might enjoy it!!

I''m not quite sure I understand anyone on this thread to be honest....

All I said was we were crap today, and explained why I thought so and apparently I hate being in the Premier League and Im not enjoying it?

Lets be honest, Wolves are a poor team, but Molineux is a hard place to come and we never fare well here - I was there a few seasons ago when we lost 2-0 and didnt have a shot until 93rd min and that went out for a throw in.

If you''d offered me a draw before the game Id''ve taken it, I came out feeling disappointed not to have won it after leading twice and giving away two sloppy goals, but delighted with the point nonetheless.

We haven''t played well for weeks apart from Newcastle, we got bombarded at the weekend and in my opinion Wolves created a fair few more clear cut opportunities and many of our shots were speculative although a few did force Hennessy into decent saves.

Im not saying I expect us to tear teams apart every week, but today I felt we were outplayed and we were second to every ball, and got dominated in the air.

I travelled 4 hours each way to Exeter away to watch an awful 1-1 draw 2.5 years ago, I know what it felt like to be crap, Im ecstatic with what we''ve achieved and these are much happier days for us City fans.

Im not turning on the team, Im not calling for anyone to be dropped, but simply saying we had a bad game and fortunately managed to keep hold of a point IN MY VIEW. If you all saw it differently then fair enough, but there were plenty around me in Molineux who saw it the way I did.

No-one is right or wrong here, they''re opinions and regardless of whether we play good bad or indifferent, I''m sure we''re all very proud of our last few years and our present situation

[quote user="smooth"]

Largey I would say that the calming, controlled head is needed certainly in one of the two centre halves and hence would make Fox a better player. But I would have to say that is the gaping hole in our team at the moment and personally I would like another assured head coming in helping close out games or during games just shake us up and take control in the midfield position as well as the centre half position.

I think that is why so many of us before the start of the season were still mentioning that we needed leaders on the field. We have some great players, playing out of their skins but they have looked at time in panic mode when defending. No question this type of leadership has unfortunately cost us in our last 2 games. Yes against (on paper) a good Everton team and a resilient Wolves side, points away from home are superb but we were in the position for that bit more. We know how these results can sometimes bite you and in this cut-throat league it usually does.

I am delighted with the performance, I can certainly say that the players I would have left out (Hoolahan and Surman) played exceptionally well. I was surprised we played so well in the first half, when we changed the team in the second half we maybe delayed it a little with Wolves gaining the initiative in the second half. It was here that we needed that assurance, we have it in the manager, but on the field not so much.

Like I said you move on, we have picked two points from two very tricky away games. At Carrow Road we can feel confident about both (although Everton no question are under-performing), and get the reward for lost points in these two games. But we move to Spurs after watching teams around us play 2 games before we go on the field on the 27th. We have options and can look forward to getting in a good game, maybe that 1 upset of the year can come so soon after xmas. But then two big games, Fulham at Home and QPR Away. Look forward to them because again they can bring us points. I did say I would have liked 5 points from the Everton, Wolves and Fulham games, just would have been nice to get that second away win. But I think with some new acquisitions we will be much nearer to it than others will think.

[/quote]I completely agree Smooth. I''ve heard PL isn''t going to adde a CB , but I think we need one who can bring the ball out of defence and pass it. I feel Surman and Hoolahan were exceptional and will be first names on the team sheet next time up... Frustrating we couldn''t hang on, but they nearly snatched it late on, so I''m relieved in a way too...

I understand why it could be seen as a lucky point. I think Wolves came out in the second half and we never really got going, but I think the performance and point gained is better for us in regard that we stopped Wolves gaining ground on us. No doubt the riot act got called out at half time and they re-acted.

The midfield in the second half were falling short in getting that second ball etc and hence it began to look more like the midfield at the everton game, however when we went forward with them they looked very competent. But again it is a game of views and opinions. I was happy with a point and that performance, because I thought our best system to win the game was with a 5 man midfield. Which I think would have helped with defending down the flanks.

I think RFLECK it is clear as a bell that we are missing that closer. As I have said the games seemed rushed when we have the lead and we panic as time goes very slowly. I actually would like a defender who is towering, a force, one that can read the game and control our back four, be that voice. We do not have that voice of command.

It is a bad sign that we can''t hang on and know we have to score more than 1 or two to win, we almost handed Newcastle with 10 men a way back. I think it is a shame we couldn''t pick up an away win during these two games, but very happy with points. Puts pressure on the Fulham game and I think a bit on the QPR game. But that is good we want pressure now and hopefully not so much in April.

Line-up against Spurs, I have no idea. A number of players played well and exceeded my expectations in that system. I may not be a fan of it and prefer a traditional 4-4-2 and feel the crosses into the two big boys in the middle is any area we are still lacking. But we have a great squad of players who are all match fit and eager. I also think it is coming to the right time to add players, we just need that extra push and confidence. So January''s transfer window has come at the perfect time.

[quote user="Aggy"]Everyone I spoke to walking out of Molineux agreed with me that we were lucky to get a point smooth. Going to have to disagree that it was a great performance. For the first 20 minutes we were the better side and should have scored 3. But other than that Wolves outplayed us.

Naughton was caught out far too often, although to be fair to him he was often attempting to mark two players when nobody got a cross to cover him. Hoolahan played very high up the park and the midfield was bypassed. Fox did well with the ball at his feet, but he didn''t sweep up as well as he needed to tonight, given the formation. Hoolahan didn''t do a lot. Holt couldn''t seem to get involved as much as he wanted. We didn''t move well off the ball at all - even in the first twenty minutes a lot of our better stuff came from decent balls over the top rather than small intricate "triangle" passes or anything like that.

The lack of width showed - in fact, the only real time we got in behind their defence down the flanks, Tierney crossed for Jackson to tap home. Had we had that threat for the full game I think we would have caused some serious problems.

The defence actually didn''t look too bad. I am a massive critic of Whitbread and have said in the past that I rate him as probably the weakest of our centre halves. However, tonight he did seem to offer a bit of composure and actually was the one organising the back line a lot of the time. Naughton still worries me - he can''t defend well and didn''t look very good going forward either.

Don''t get me wrong, I would have quite happily have taken a point before the game tonight, so I''m not disappointed with the result. However, if I''m being totally honest, they probably deserved to win and it was one of the weaker performances I''ve seen in a while. Yet we still got the points. One thing that did worry me though was that we seemed to lack a bit of the fighting spirit that we normally have. We didn''t win very many second balls at all, and sometimes didn''t even bother challenging for the first. I don''t know if it was just that we got outnumbered in the middle of the park (a lot of the time Crofts was left on his own centrally with two Wolves players around him), or if we were maybe just a bit tired.

I''m not sure it was the right formation tonight, and I am sure it was not a great performance. That being said, if you can go and get a point away from home when you don''t perform at your best, then that''s a pretty good sign and overall i''d say it was a decent point.[/quote]Are you sure you were at Molineux? That''s not the game i saw.We were good for a draw and had Morison not thumped his header straight at the keeper when we were 1-0, we would have won it at a canter, i feel. We dominated the first 20 mins but payed for not scoring a second.Naughton played very well against one of the best wingers in this League.We do need a more dominant ball-winning central midfielder i think and we seem lightweight there away from home with both Hoolahan and Fox playing and it would be nice to see a leader on the pitch.Oh and it was Morison who set up Jackson''s goal.

Was I at the same match?

The game is about 90 minutes football, not the last 20. We could easily have been 3 or 4 up at the break. A good goal from Surman, a penalty when he nearly had his head kicked off, a hand ball which Man Ure would have had given, and a free header from Morrison which had power but lacked the direction.

Yes our second half by comparison was poor but just remember the excellent start to the game and the way we dominated things not just the end of the match. The first half hour is usually more important than the last but it''s usual for the last half hour to be remembered more easily. 

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

Was I at the same match?

The game is about 90 minutes football, not the last 20. We could easily have been 3 or 4 up at the break. A good goal from Surman, a penalty when he nearly had his head kicked off, a hand ball which Man Ure would have had given, and a free header from Morrison which had power but lacked the direction.

Yes our second half by comparison was poor but just remember the excellent start to the game and the way we dominated things not just the end of the match. The first half hour is usually more important than the last but it''s usual for the last half hour to be remembered more easily. 

[/quote]Agreed. Fans remember different things about a game too. We all see things differently and explain them differently. Some people can say this and be left alone but others can''t.If you are at a game you do not have the benefit of other angles that can be shown on tv or a stream so to say someone is wrong because it wasn''t seen by someone at a game isn''t right. We have to live with the decisions the ref makes in the game. Hindsight decisions are unusual.

The first half hour is usually more important than the last?! So if we score 1 in the first half hour, and the opposition score 6 in the last half hour, it''s fine? We didn''t take our chances in the first twenty minutes or so, and I agree. In fact I''d say we SHOULD, not could, have been more than 1 up before they equalised.

The ref wasn''t good at all, but I felt he missed a few things for Wolves as well, so I''m not going to complain too much.

Firstly, whoever said remember where we were two seasons ago - I''ve covered that elsewhere. It is a ridiculous argument that I despise. If you think me saying we weren''t very good last night is somehow detrimental to the club, then this attitude of constantly comparing our achievements to the lowest point we''ve been in half a century is ludicrous. Yes we were in a woeful position two/three seasons ago. We''re not now though. We know what we''re capable of, as we''ve seen us compete with all of the big boys apart from Man City, and take points off "top 4" teams along the way. I''m not basing my analyses on two seasons ago, I''m basing them on what I have seen with my own eyes already for the first half of this season. If we can show over almost half a season that we''re good enough to be a comfortable mid table side in the premiership, then I will make my match analyses on the fact that we are a comfortable mid table premiership side (which we still are at the moment). Obviously all you "positive" supporters can keep seeing us as a League 1 side though if you wish!

I will hold my hands up to the Tierney/Morison mistake and give him some credit for that. It was a position Tierney had been attacking at times throughout the game and I must have got the two mixed up.

People saying it''s a game of 90 minutes and that we were the better side for the first 20/30 minutes,yeah fair enough. But we were the second best side for the other 60 or so minutes! So on that, I think I''m still going to stick with my original point that we were lucky to come away with a point tonight when you take the game as a whole. We could indeed have been three or four goals up. But we weren''t. And then they had an equal amount of chances to get a win from it, which in my opinion they probably deserved. As such, I''m very happy to have taken a point.

And as for the "stop moaning and enjoy your football" comments, I enjoyed the game thoroughly. It was a very entertaining match and I''m sure neutrals would have loved it as well (which I think is a theme with a lot of our games this season). I don''t think there were any stand out performances for me to come on here singing about to be honest. When we played well it was a good team effort, and when we were playing poorly, the whole side seemed to be struggling.

Football is football.  It''s exciting, dramatic, its frustrating - it''s any emotion you can think of.   I''m still buzzing after the performance of the first 25 minutes. We haven''t bossed anyone this season like that and it bodes well for the future.  And don''t tell me it''s only Wolves and they are a poor team.  There are good attacking players in every team.

Defences always look weak in the premiership because of the great attcking players there are.  Pressure causes mistakes - and given the amount of pressure we''ve been under this season, it was great to see us dish it out at the start of the match yesterday.    It was bound to cause Wolves to come out and have a go at us which of course they did.   Good on them.

We got a worthy point - don''t understand this idea that we were lucky to get a point.

Take the positives from the match and move on.  If the team dwelled the negatives like some on here do they wouldn''t be able  to perform so well.

Likewise LDC, if a team refused to even entertain discussion of the negatives, like some on here do, they''d never learn from their mistakes and improve.....

[quote user="kick it off"]

Im not saying I expect us to tear teams apart every week, but today I felt we were outplayed and we were second to every ball, and got dominated in the air.

[/quote]

Now like I said last night we all see things differently but surely this is not right?

[quote user="kick it off"]Mrs Miggins: I dont think anyone is complaining about getting the point, we''re just saying we didn''t deserve it and we didn''t play well, but i''ll happily take that. If you thought Hoolahan was superb you''re on a different wavelength to me though, I thought he was absolutely awful except the assist and a lovely ball through to Moro for the 2nd - he didnt track back, he constantly gave the ball away and was generally pretty poor, by far our worst performance imo.[/quote]...... i begin to think wes is a championship player. he''s ok when allowed time on the ball but if not given that time his thought process is too slow and he makes the wrong decision or is robbed. i have, overall, not been too impressed with him this season.

[quote user="Aggy"]Likewise LDC, if a team refused to even entertain discussion of the negatives, like some on here do, they''d never learn from their mistakes and improve.....[/quote]

Exactly right. Like mistaking our left back for our striker.

I thought we played well all in all, most people I spoke to said that a draw was a fair result, and I agree, they had a bit more of the ball, but we looked far more dangerous, how many times in the first half did they give the ball away needlessly in our half? We were much better going forward.

I feel like we were our own undoing, why do we sit back when we take the lead? I don''t understand we should have pushed on after Jackson''s goal for another, attack is the best form of defence. Ah well I would have taken a point, another good performance all in all, thought Surman was quality ! Just feels like 2 points lost after taking the lead twice.

I''m not entirely sure how mixing up two players who look quite alike when they''re down the other end of the pitch stops people from learning from mistakes. You''ll have to explain that one to me.