To anyone who's moaning about our lack of clean sheets

Peterborough

Colchester

Shrewsbury

Stevenage

Brighton

Huddersfield

Millwall

Just some of the clubs our players were at only a few months ago . It''s hard enough for established clubs like Villa and Everton to keep clean sheets so maybe we should just be happy with where were at ?

Lets just be grateful we are in this divison, and forget about winning games.

Lets not worry when we let leads slip,

Or when indivdual error''s give games away,

Or that we cant keep a clean sheet.

Lets think everyside deserve to be in this league more than us and that we should be in awe of them.

Now imagine we had that attitude last season, when we were punching above our weight. The club, manager and players have worked hard to be where they are now, its an insult to them that certain fans and posters on here are happy to conceed goals and let points slip away.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Lets think everyside deserve to be in this league more than us and that we should be in awe of them.

Now imagine we had that attitude last season, when we were punching above our weight. The club, manager and players have worked hard to be where they are now, its an insult to them that certain fans and posters on here are happy to conceed goals and let points slip away.

[/quote]For once I agree with CDMullins, everybody knows where our players have come from and how well they''ve done for us, but that doesn''t mean that people can''t give constructive criticism on the teams performance and if we all had the same opinion then there''d be no point in a message board.

The point is that alot of the criticism is destructive criticism.   ''He''s no good''  ''such and such is useless'' ''lazy'' ''doesn''t care''.  So much tosh is spoken in the name of criticism.  Criticism to be any use has to be constructive - suggest a way a player might improve, how tactics might be adjusted, how certain players play better with others etc.     A lot of posters do this, but others just want to slag off the players.  Also there is  a misconception that because  some of us aren''t too worked up about clean sheets,  that we don''t care about the team improving. Lets get this straight - we all want the team to improve - and yes, clean sheets occasionally help confidence. But its not that important in the scheme of things if the team is doing well - and we are doing well - could do better, yes - but we are holding our own and improving.  Can we not agree that we want the same things?  We all want to get higher up the table - if we improve - we will. Clean sheets or no clean sheets, onwards and upwards!  Bring on Tottenham.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]
For once I agree with CDMullins, everybody knows where our players have come from and how well they''ve done for us, but that doesn''t mean that people can''t give constructive criticism on the teams performance and if we all had the same opinion then there''d be no point in a message board.
[/quote]

I can''t agree with all the criticisms about clean sheets. I really don''t see where posters are coming from. Surely what matters is goal difference. After that it''s goals scored. I believe even alphabetical order comes into it down the line. But not clean sheets. They are worth diddlysquat.

We have 21 points and are 9th in the Premier League. We would be 10th but our goal difference is nearly twice as good as WBA''s who are tenth also with 21 points. And of course we''ve scored 8 more goals than WBA. In fact we''ve scored more goals than everyone except Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. But I expect WBA have clean sheets. We know they had at least one. And of course Swansea have eight! Eight clean sheets!! But what use are those eight clean sheets to Swansea when they are 3 points behind us with a worse goal difference and eleven goals fewer scored?

Swansea lost 1-0 at Goodison tonight. We drew 1-1 on Saturday. It''s our ability to score goals that''s the difference.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]
For once I agree with CDMullins, everybody knows where our players have come from and how well they''ve done for us, but that doesn''t mean that people can''t give constructive criticism on the teams performance and if we all had the same opinion then there''d be no point in a message board.
[/quote]

I can''t agree with all the criticisms about clean sheets. I really don''t see where posters are coming from. Surely what matters is goal difference. After that it''s goals scored. I believe even alphabetical order comes into it down the line. But not clean sheets. They are worth diddlysquat.

We have 21 points and are 9th in the Premier League. We would be 10th but our goal difference is nearly twice as good as WBA''s who are tenth also with 21 points. And of course we''ve scored 8 more goals than WBA. In fact we''ve scored more goals than everyone except Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. But I expect WBA have clean sheets. We know they had at least one. And of course Swansea have eight! Eight clean sheets!! But what use are those eight clean sheets to Swansea when they are 3 points behind us with a worse goal difference and eleven goals fewer scored?

Swansea lost 1-0 at Goodison tonight. We drew 1-1 on Saturday. It''s our ability to score goals that''s the difference.

[/quote]

Agreed

To stay in this division you have to win games and not be reliant on a few goal scorers. The league is taking shape with the teams with the worst GD traditional take up the bottom places and so it is this year. Also the Point per game stat is useful, under 1 a game and your toast. Norwich is 1.25 PPG.

There will be a time when a 0-0 will be great but for the moment Lambert wishes to win every game, home or away.

H

If we had been 9th and won a few games 1-0 or 2-1 and drawn a couple 0-0 there would have been complaining about our lack of firepower up front.

If I didn’t haven’t much of a life I’m sure I could find posts from those complaining about our defending, who were also querying why we started the season with little or no premiership experience.

We’ve stepped up to, er, “The best league in the world” with a squad of players with potential and in many cases the management team have helped realise the players potential and much more.

We have the one of the best, if not the best manager in my many years of supporting City and I’m really wondering as to what there is to complain about at the moment.

Well what''s wrong with conceding goals, as long as we are scoring? Nothing, that''s what! We''ve scored in 15 of our 17 games this season, that''s nothing short of terrific! [:)]

The way we play is excellent.

I would like to get one at some point, as its another monkey off our back.

It could be at the back that keeps us up.

Look at how many clean sheets Swansea have already, and their players are no different to ours!!

Swansea were good attacking team last season - but their goals have dried up as thyey have tightened at the back.

At the moment our balance is pretty good.  We are scoring enough goals to compensate for letting goals in.  As long as we are doing well, not really a problem.

I know what kind of football I would rather watch - and it''s not 0-0''s.  Leave that to Swansea, if thats what they want.

[quote user="yoda"]Peterborough

Colchester

Shrewsbury

Stevenage

Brighton

Huddersfield

Millwall

Just some of the clubs our players were at only a few months ago . It''s hard enough for established clubs like Villa and Everton to keep clean sheets so maybe we should just be happy with where were at ?[/quote]

[quote user="Dave"][quote user="yoda"]Peterborough

Colchester

Shrewsbury

Stevenage

Brighton

Huddersfield

Millwall

Just some of the clubs our players were at only a few months ago . It''s hard enough for established clubs like Villa and Everton to keep clean sheets so maybe we should just be happy with where were at ?[/quote][/quote]

I read an interesting stat the other day somewhere (BBC?  F365?) that reckoned if we''d won our matches where we''d scored first, we''d be 5th.   So whilst 5th is great, 9th is''t a bad return either.    I know I''d rather be 9th at Christmas than 16th or 17th.   It would be good to keep a clean sheet but as long as we''re banging in the goals...who cares?!!!

I don''t care if we concede 5 in every game from now on as long as we score 6 in enough to stay up