Sign in to follow this  
3pmkickoff

Time to put up or shut up

Over the past 22 games I can''t fault the effort the team has put in, however today''s game and the post-match comments really put things into perspective. Should we go down then a lot of it is down to a lack of bottle when it comes to pushing the club on. Apparantly £2-2.5 million is out of our price range for a player like Ashton, if this is the case then Norwich really lack any kind of ambition.

Any quality will cost around this and for the board not to realize this is frankly stupid. The infuriating thing is that today''s game was not the first time this season we could have got three points had we any real quality in the final third. I''m not saying Ashton would be the answer to all our prayers but at the money it''s a great investment even if we get relegated.

And before anyone say''s that it would be a large gamble which could endanger the financial stability of the club. Absolute rubbish, we''re doing that by gambling on going down and banking on coming back up again. To do that you still have to spend good money as West Brom did last season, even if that happens we then have a lot of players who would be out of contract as we could effectively be back at the start again.

I hope Worthy''s mood swings on the transfer front in recent days are purely smokescreens but at the moment I really hope we''re not going to sit around and do nothing. Otherwise on todays evidence I should start planning my trips to the likes of QPR, Plymouth etc.

[quote]Over the past 22 games I can''t fault the effort the team has put in, however today''s game and the post-match comments really put things into perspective. Should we go down then a lot of it is down to ...[/quote]

Hear hear.  Totally agree.  There have been several games this year where, if we''d had that clinical striker and a bit of creativity, we could have won. This league has stayupability (new word just made up by me!)  Spend a bit in Jan and we can get that clinical striker