Sign in to follow this  
TheDuke

Seagull here--- how do you rate our ol' boys Crofts & Bennett

Crofts was brilliant last season, early contender for POTS. Still playing pretty well this season, not quite as effective but still useful. I like him, but he needs to cut his hair....

Bennett is pretty good, don''t think he''s hit top form here yet though. Doesn''t seem to keen to try and run past players, i''m sure if he ran at defenders a bit more he would be successful, instead he just gets involved in the passing movements. Were yet to see him score yet either, I here he scored a few crackers at Brighton.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Crofts was brilliant last season, early contender for POTS. Still playing pretty well this season, not quite as effective but still useful. I like him, but he needs to cut his hair....

Bennett is pretty good, don''t think he''s hit top form here yet though. Doesn''t seem to keen to try and run past players, i''m sure if he ran at defenders a bit more he would be successful, instead he just gets involved in the passing movements. Were yet to see him score yet either, I here he scored a few crackers at Brighton.[/quote]Elliott scored some screamers but he was never a wizard at getting around the back. His passing tho was top drawer and created loads of goals for our traitor Murray and Barnes

I thought Crofty struggled a little in the early part of the season and was outshone by Johnson, but since he got back in he''s looked much more convincing. Bennett is still a work in progress at this level and looks a ittle low on confidence. He''s had one or two decent chances but snatched at them, but has done well defensively, although as GP says, he''s been a little reticent about taking defenders on , yeten he does so he usually gets to the byline.He''s young and has jumped two divisions. He''ll be fine and Lambert will get the best from him.

Asking someone to step up 2 divisions straight away was always going to be very difficult and as others have said Bennett looks a little low on confidence. He had a decent run in the side early on in the season but has lost his place in the last couple of games. But I think we can all see he has the potential to be a quality player so he just needs time to settle.

For that reason I am delighted we signed him. About the only criticism (and it was very minor one!) I used to have of us under Lambert is that we didn''t have any width or alternatives if the diamond wasn''t working. We now have that with Bennett and Pilkington.

Crofts has been an absolute bargain considering we paid £300k for him. In the opening 10 games of last season he was winning MOM awards for fun. He was extremely consistent throughout the season and scored an absolute cracker against Barnsley to boot.

Crofty is starting to look the part as a Premier League player-he hit the ground running last season and impressed straight away, pretty much continuing in that vein throughout the season. He''s been in and out of the side this time around but has had a runn of games of late and is starting to look the part. There were a few stories linking him with Wolves a week, week and a half ago, and, although that pretty much means nothing, it might be an indicator of who we might have lined up to come in, or what position they play in, coupled to the fact that his contract runs out at the end of next season and he let his last one with Brighton start to run down...people putting two and two together...I think he''ll be a big player for us between now and May, he can play in more than one position and is full of energy and committment, as well as goals-as witnessed last season-so would love to see him hit half a dozen or so between now and the end of the season.

Benno has been quiet, he has undoubted talent-I do wonder if he has found it harder to settle than the other new signings, I know he was very settled with his life in Brighton and it was all a big shift, again, for him, but he seems a real part of the squad and overall set up. He looked very good indeed pre-season (paradoxically, Morison who has been immense, didn''t in particular) and has shown flashes of what he can do this time around, I think his time will come this season still and he''ll have a very strong second half to the campaign, much like Jackson did last time around. A goal would do him the world of good, I think it did for Pilks getting on the scoresheet so early on, ditto BJ, now Benno might feel he is playing "catch up" and some perceived pressure that goes with it.

Am assuming he will play on Tuesday against Spurs and will, if he is, play well in a game against a team that won''t worry too much about us going forward, so he''ll get some chances. His best position? He played wide right for Brighton didn''t he, but not so much a winger as someone who cut in and supported the front players that way? He''s a good player and his time will come this season.

Glad to see the Seagulls have picked up a bit, I can''t get to our FA Cup match, but hoping to be at the Amex for your one.

Crofts was superb last season, the unsung hero really and the mainstay of the midfield.

For me he''s struggled this season & has chased shadows a bit.

Bennett looks a talent but the 2 division step up is massive. This season he''s coming up against full backs that are quicker than him rather than slower so its a learning curve for him. I have no doubt he''ll contribute a lot over the rest of the season.

[quote user="TheDuke"]We miss them dearly, especially Elliott. How they doing with you and the Premiership?
[/quote]

Why not come up to Carrow Road for a game? We''re a friendly bunch and you''d be made welcome. We can be your second fave team,if u like.

Surprised you haven''t mentioned our best and most consistent ex-Seagull....... Russell "Tanner" Martin.After appearing to struggle at right back in the first few games of this season (and subsequently being dropped) he was brought in as an emergency centre half due to injuries and has been a revelation in establishing himself as the defensive organiser and lynchpin. The experienced centre halves are now coming back to fitness but can''t displace Tanner.I should add that he was fantastic for us last season as a marauding right back earning the nickname "The Norfolk Cafu". Will never forget his breakaway goal away at 1p5wich when he started the move in our half and then bust a gut to arrive in the box in time to finish the move off.Currently in the running for our player of the season and fast becoming a City legend.