Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Tottenham Game. Thoughts, Opinions and Discussion.

Yea we all know we drew with Wolves, 1 point gained, two points dropped blah blah blah, in my eyes it is a point closer to survival and keeping our rightful place in the premier league.

Now the Spurs game, many people are worried about this but in my eyes i think we will win this game.

Personally I would play 4-2-3-1, with the usual back 4 but de leat instead of naughton as obviously he is not able to play.

The 2 in midfield i would play crofts and fox, the three i would play Surman on left, wes in the middle and pilks on the right.

Up front would be Morison for me.

The score i am going to say 3-2 to us, can see Holt coming on and scoring as he usually does.

I also picked up a betting slip today and from the looks of it this game is now on sky, i could be totally wrong but i will be at FCR for the game.

Thoughts?

Almost any score is possible, except 0-0. If we can repeat our form of the first half at Molineux, but score and not concede, we could perhaps nick it, but I can''t see us winning by a large margin.

Ultimately everything probably depends on how well we contain Bale, he really is a potential match winner. I can see where you are coming from with the 4-2-3-1, but with Wes likely to play up the field is this very different from 4-4-2? If Pilks is happy and successful on the right, then he may be the one to kkeep Bale in check, as a winmger himself.

As Modric is likely to be missing, as well as Leonard, King and Defoe, we could win, but we shall have to be at our very best. They will still put out a very good team. Pavyluschenko in his infrequent appearances is still a danger man from any distance from goal.

I''ll go for 2-1to us or 1-1.

I agree but i feel we need to attack them and play our own game, maybe put crofts where wes plays and bradders where i said put crofts, would be solid but i feel we need wes in there.

The new years eve game is a major game for us as well but one at a time :), hopefully Morison has shaked off whatever has been bothering him.

I see Walker as one of there mains threats as well, tierny will have to be on his toes.

Looking foward to this :)

Yeh that''s it let''s drop an in form grant Holt. Same team. Same game plan. Diamond. For meplay to our strengths. If we really had to play your formation then pilks behind morison. Wes is no good there and is best in a diamond .

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Just saw and it is on sky must have been put on as united game was changed. OTBC![/quote]

Its been scheduled to be on Sky for ages.

Hope we start with the same team as started at Wolves, Holt and Morrison upfront.

Holt has been playing excellent, the only reason i feel morison up front by himself is because morison does a better job by himself.

What about Jacko and Holt up front in a diamond? Would rather see Holt and Morison rough em up though :)

I just felt Holt was pretty invisible against wolves.

I didn''t think Holt or morison had a great game against wolves but they didn''t have a bad one either. We need to keep that partnership going. Holt also lifts the team and can''t understand why people want to leave him on the bench. Read hucks book he touches on that about having a leader and even mentions Holt. I can sort of understand changing the formation to counter against top opposition . I just feel we need to taker the game to teams esp at home and that involves playing your best players in their best positions. It also must be quite disruptive changing things every other game.

I thought Morison was a lot more involved than Holt in the Wolves game. I''d go for a 4-2-3-1

Ruddy

Da Laet Barnett Whitbread Tierney

Crofts Fox

Bennett Hoolahan Pilkington

Morison

Although Bennett has yet to prove himself for me in the attacking department, his tracking back has been excellent, and he is also a pacey player, and would help to silence Bale.

[quote user="Wing Wang Otter"]I thought Morison was a lot more involved than Holt in the Wolves game. I''d go for a 4-2-3-1 Ruddy Da Laet Barnett Whitbread Tierney Crofts Fox Bennett Hoolahan Pilkington Morison Although Bennett has yet to prove himself for me in the attacking department, his tracking back has been excellent, and he is also a pacey player, and would help to silence Bale.[/quote]...... so your''e going to have russ martin on the bench then? we should play extra man in midfield to nullify bale as this will help whoever plays rightback, def need two players over there otherwise can see bale wreaking havoc.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Wing Wang Otter"]I thought Morison was a lot more involved than Holt in the Wolves game. I''d go for a 4-2-3-1 Ruddy Da Laet Barnett Whitbread Tierney Crofts Fox Bennett Hoolahan Pilkington Morison Although Bennett has yet to prove himself for me in the attacking department, his tracking back has been excellent, and he is also a pacey player, and would help to silence Bale.[/quote]...... so your''e going to have russ martin on the bench then? we should play extra man in midfield to nullify bale as this will help whoever plays rightback, def need two players over there otherwise can see bale wreaking havoc.[/quote]

whoops! I completely forgot about Martin, I''d have him and Whitbread in the centre, I actually thought he''s been playing better than ever in the last two games. Although I''m not sure if he''ll stay in the position when Ward is fully fit.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Yeh that''s it let''s drop an in form grant Holt. Same team. Same game plan. Diamond. For meplay to our strengths. If we really had to play your formation then pilks behind morison. Wes is no good there and is best in a diamond .[/quote]

We would get murdered down the wings if we played the diamond.  Jarvis caused us enough problems having all that space let alone Bale and Lennon.

4-2-3-1

Stick Russell Martin right back for this one game with Barnett and Whitbread in the middle.  Crofts and Fox in midifled together.  Pilkington and Bennett on the wings with Hoolahan playing behind Morison.

I watched spurs v stoke they missed fenton and bale big time and 2nd half against chelsea looked better. Most of their play is through them two. If we did play the diamond you just ask crofts to help out on the right to cover which he is more than capable of doing

I think Spurs have a bit too much quality for us, and against the top sides we haven''t quite had the belief in ourselves, we have tended to stand off a bit rather than have a real go. Against that though I thought for 30 min vs Wolves we were superb, looking ready to step up again as a team. I would be very pleased with a draw at this stage.

Just read the thread title and thought i would have a read and maybe join in but blimey the OP has posted 12 of the 23 posts so maybe not.[;)]

Probably because i accidently double posted and typed something wronmg so that is 3 Til, then again this is about opinions and thoughts, while other posters would rather bitch about our team then take part in a constructive and thoughtful discussion.

Just a thought Til :)

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Probably because i accidently double posted and typed something wronmg so that is 3 Til, then again this is about opinions and thoughts, while other posters would rather bitch about our team then take part in a constructive and thoughtful discussion. Just a thought Til :)[/quote]

I do hope you are not suggesting i "bitch" about the team HDDH because i would be interested to see those links.[:O]

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]

No I am not suggesting you TIL, more in the likes of those who decide to slate Naughton and Morison all the time and would rather moan and insult others then have a proper conversation.

Fortunately TIL you are not one of these :)   

[/quote]

You forgot the top target for the "moan and insult" brigade...........big John Ruddy.

I am one who has criticised John Ruddy in the past, but that was one game against Man City where his positioning for the free kick was poor.

My only complaint about him is he needs to be a lot more commanding in his penalty box and not be afraid to clatter into people, unless the incident with Drogba has been at the back of his mind?