Sign in to follow this  
canary crazy

Re: huckerby must stay campaign

i agree with you guys. i really hope something can be sorted out. as someone said on the radio he would put 2,000 on the gate alone.

yea i would be more than willing to help the great man stay, i was there to watch in ore of him scare the palace defence on saturday and that is just the arsenal we need to either garantee playoff spot or even push for automatic promotion. But and here comes the big BUT!!! i certainly dont agree to selling in a swap senirio with either greeno or drury who arguably are two of our best players both in our squad and outside the premiership!!!!!

NO NO NO, Drury is a future multi million pound player, not to mention one of the best things we''ve got. Swapping him for Huckerby would not be a step forward. A new left back would be required and decent ones are hard to come by.
See the "not starting with McVeigh - suspicious" post for alternative option that i think is brewing!!

I would definately consider Drury for Huckerby plus some cash. Dont think Drury has been on top of his game this season up to now so a Huckerby swap has got to be inviting. And i would also contribute to keep Huckerby here (just would''nt tell the missus).

Somehow, although it may be hard to do so, i think that we should forget huckerby at the end of the three months and try to bring someone else in. his fee will be huge,as will his wages. just imagine if a couple of weeks after we sign him, he is injured for the rest of the season. fine, we would have him for next season, but his astronomical wages that we would be paying, and in the process probably have broken the club''s wage structure, would be wasted. If we are going to get someone of real quality on premiership wages i feel that it would have to be only temporary because a club like Norwich could not cope with having to pay huge wages to an injured player - is it worth the risk?

I would contribute if it would make a difference. I do agree with a swap, I think it will be easier to find a replacement for Drury than to get another Huckerby (who, if he does exist may not gell as well as the man himself now he has shown he fits into the team so well).

Although I am a great Drury fan, the question is would a swap improve the team (Easton at left back?). I think it would, and if Huckerby left in December it would put a dampener on my Christmas...................

Yeah I think we should raise to keep Huckerby, and maybe for once Delia could chip in a bit more, but we should NOT swap Greeno or Drury, they are arguably the two best players at the club, and even for a player of Huckerby''s quality I would agree to swap them.

Comments like "delia should chip in for once" are not helpful. without her and her husband we would be dead and buried by now as a club.
She''s no abramovich or walker or hayward, and her and her husband have ploughed millions of their own money into the club that they will never see again.
Less of the moanin!!

Whilst I wouldn''t want to see Drury swapped, don''t forget that Brennan (almost already forgotten, despite not even making his debut yet!) could be a replacement. Let''s see where we are at the start of December, if we''re top four and well in touch with the automatic spots, then I think we should break the bank and get him til the end of the season at the very least. But I do believe we must be in with a real chance of promotion to make it worth our while. If we''re 8th at the end of November, let him go, it''s too much of a risk. Anyway, as I said, I don''t want to see Drury or Greeno go. Do you reckon they''d take Easton instead?

"Comments like "delia should chip in for once" are not helpful. without her and her husband we would be dead and buried by now as a club. "

I agree 100%

Take Easton instead? Fantastic! I would love it if Man City (or anyone) came in for Easton. What a coup if we got King Kev to take him as a make-weight for Hucks! The bloke is a headless chicken, who can''t tackle, head, pass or take free kicks or corners... Thank god that McVeigh finally got back on the left wing against palace I was starting to go nuts trying to understand the reason behind Easton getting games on the left as he brings nothing to our attacking or defensive play and is a total liability on the ball, nothing personal but the bloke is not up to divison one football, sorry. I just hope McVeigh bags one or two against Reading this evening so he''s in for a place against Wigan, we will need someone creative like him up north as all their attention will be on marking Huckerby out of the game and you can''t keep two good players down.
otbc