What a great surprise Huckerby gives NCFC man of the match to his best mate Adam Drury. So predictable.

Yes he did have a steady game and it was nice to see him back and still up to his reliable standards but for me Whitbread was immense and without him we would have conceded many more.

[quote user="im spartacus"]does anyone bother reading the match reports now that he doesn''t put a link up on here ? always a good read its a pity he doesn''t advertise it any more as it used to start a good debate thread... http://www.dh6.co.uk/s31a1n166p1/Norwich-City-v-Tottenham-Hotspur.html [/quote]

Yes I read it every week, presume he doesn''t feel the need to put the link up anymore as most people know where to find it now plus he probaby gets so many hits on his site, that he doesn''t need to advertise it on here anymore.

Drury, Whitbread and Ruddy were all my men of the match, couldn''t pick between them [:)]

Got a bit lazy and presumed most people on here are on twitter, genuinely thought Ads was MoM, to come in and play as he did was remarkable, still the most natural defender at club and great to help others learn there trade, like all reports on DH6 if done by me I give my honest opinion, no more no less

Late replacement, has not played for months, yet played at the top of his game, full marks to Drury, Whitebread was superb, but a close second was Drury and for that I would have given him MOTM.

Yes I read them and agree Drury was man of the match. Whitbread was great aswell but I''m being a bit harsh here but he was at fault for the first goal. He was marking bale and left him to lunge in on adebayor who already had two on him. Adebayor them squares it to the free man bale and its good night . That''s the difference at his level. One mistake and your punished. Drury never put a foot wrong.

Have always read his reports with great interest and have always found them to be top draw stuff, and could or should replace some of the National media reports, Like tell it as it is.  Keep it up Hucks,

completely agree with hux;  Drury was the star performer for me - and the clubs best defender.

De Laet slated for making goal conceeding mistakes - for that reason Whitbreads school boy error marred an otherwise ok performance;  that first goal (as the cliche goes) was always goingto be crucial.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Hucks does it make you wish you were still playing when you see ad''s come in after so long out and play so well?? IMO you could still be doing a job for us in the prem. Also in your opinion who is the one player you''d like Norwich to sign?[/quote]

sorry but much as i like hucks that is just going overboard [:D]

Drury was outstanding, never put a foot wrong and blocked many potential Spurs crosses!

Certainly a contender for best Norwich player!

Saw Hucks playing in the summer and I reckon he could still do a job in a lower Championship/ good League 1 team now cause he hadn''t lost the pace and his fitness was superb. We could of had another couple of seasons out of him without doubt!

Just why exactly didn''t the managerial no mark that was Ratman Roeder like you then Hucks?

I don''t use Twitter, so please continue to post the link to your report! I thought it raised some healthy debates in the past.

Got to agree with Drury being MOTM though, solid performance which shocked most people I think. I honestly thought he would struggle, but I can''t recall him making any mistakes and he put in some solid tackles too.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Haha I know but they guy is the best I''ve ever seen in yellow! I just can''t help myself![/quote]

My days are long gone, even though I still get offers to come out of retirement all the time, but there is a massive difference from looking good in Veterans football and playing week in week out in Pro game, the reasons I packed up are still valid, that''s why Giggs is such a one off, as a team I still think we lack a yard of pace throughout the team but the lads and staff have done a exceptional job getting our great club to this league position,long may it continue

Your days are gone cause you only want to be Hucks but fair enough you done ruddy well in your soccer career!

I''ve been watching football for 50+ years and have seen a lot of footy at Carrow Road and am in no doubt about what you could still do!

I think your spot on about about us being a slow team, which is why I think we done better when messrs Bennett and Pilkington came on the other night!

Glad this point about (lack of) pace is being discussed; against Spurs we were unable to compete in that way. Every single Spurs player has pace - their back four comfortably mopped up everything from a speed point-of-view!

I was hoping to see Simeon Jackson simply to attempt getting behind their back line somehow, but (possibly due to De Laet''s injury) that wasn''t to be.

To ensure we become more competitive, any new players we sign in January need to be significantly quicker than the players already here...

I still think we should have tactically matched them at 4-5-1 to try and cut the supply to the wings.

Knowing when to quit must be quite a hard decision for some players.

Do you hang up the proverbial boots when your love for the game has gone-and some players have done that at quite an early age-or do you do so when the spark, and, maybe, in Hucks case, the pace and the ability to switch on the pace, has gone-and then do you do so straight away or do you play on in denial for a while so everyone finds out what you knew first of all?

Gary Neville needed one game-might have been Everton earlier this season-he got a recall but later said that one incident in that game made his mind up for him and that was that,mind made up, game ends, he quits.

Guess thats the way to go if you can, but the game for some is a drug, how can you give it up? Peter Shilton went on and on and on and it was sad, in a way, to see him playing for Orient just so he could keep his career going. There was a lot of talk about Paul Scholes seeing his career out at Oldham but he has lately said that there was no way he could, or would, have done that, and you can''t blame him.

David Batty supposedly hated football, I guess quitting couldn''t come quickly enough for him!

Pace seems to be the be-all and end-all in the game now,éven keepers are expected to have quick reactions and feet. Who said that it was once a case of turning athletes into footballers, now footballers are turned into athletes?

Hucks had the footballing brain to play as a sweeper I think (much like Gullit did for Chelsea when his legs had "gone") had he wanted to. But it maybe wouldn''t have felt right for him?

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]What a great surprise Huckerby gives NCFC man of the match to his best mate Adam Drury. So predictable.

Yes he did have a steady game and it was nice to see him back and still up to his reliable standards but for me Whitbread was immense and without him we would have conceded many more.[/quote]Were you at the game? Drury was MOM for me too. Whitbread had a decent enough game but I thought some of his balls out of defence were poor on occasion. Drury edged it for me.

In the late sixties Peter Knowles, a very highly-rated Wolves player, gave up the game to go into the Church and this caused a stir, not only because of his talent and prospects as an international but it was also the time, post max wage I presume, when footballers were more inclined to be play-boys and with every youngster, including me, aspiring to be in the Professional Game.