Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Now that was pure s###e!!

What a load of old cack. Spurs won because man for man they are in a diferent class to us as indeed they should be when you consider the cost of their players.You get what you pay for and nine times out of ten class makes the difference in the result. Modric and Parker were light years ahead of anything we have and rightly so when you look at their transfer market values.They were simply too good for us, live with it, and onwards to the next game.

Once again you clowns are on here thinking we should be competing with the big boys. If Spurs win their game in hand they are 4 points behind the mighty Manchester teams. We had a decent go again tonight, needed to score first to have any chance and eventually had to settle for no points as we were up against a very, very good side. If you really think we are going to challenge the cream of the Prem (even at home) then you are deluded. We have been bloody brilliant this season with a team full of Championship players. I am so glad Lambert didn''t follow the usual route of signing hasbeen Prem players (a la QPR) and still be struggling to compete. If you analyse our squad you will know that what we are doing this season is above and beyond what we should be and is a testament to firstly to the manager and then the players who at times have all proved that they are good enough to play at this level. They are not going to be world beaters every week but will learn quickly and will always give their all. It is a cliche to aim for 4th from bottom but if we stay up it will be another Paul Lambert ''miracle'' and maybe (just for you lot) we can aim for the Champions League next season! Wake up and smell the coffee

Criticism of that performance only displays ignorance.

Holding Spurs back to just a 2-0 defeat was a good result.

Only 2 teams in Britain could have taken anything from Spurs on that sort of form.

Keep it real for heavens sake. Each of their players costs more than the whole of our squad.

Well said Ricardo. I really have to say I''ve read quite a bit of c**p on here it the past few months, but tonight really does take the biscuit. We were well beaten by a team that is way, way ahead of us (and incidentally, way ahead of most of the rest of the division). When will posters realise that this WILL happen this season. We haven''t become a rubbish side overnight, nor are we yet certainties for relegation.

Get over it and move (rapidly) on to concentrating on beating Fulham.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="morrisons black eye"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="morrisons black eye"]lets have a bit of reality here. We are miles behind Spurs and we had no chance of going toe to toe with them, if we had we would have lost by  4 or 5 .It was dissapointing in the final 3rd with poor quailty to  Holt and Morison but they just don''t  let you play and you get little time on the ball with Modric and Parker dominating the midfield.
[/quote]

True, we had no chance of going toe to toe with Man Utd, Chesea and Liverpool. Oh wait a minute......

We were just poor today, no excuses, tactics were just wrong.

I think we will bounce back though, under Lambert we always do.

[/quote]
So what tatics would you have employed to combat Spurs goal threat as well as trying to be a threat ourselves.
[/quote]

I would have got them to pust up alot more. Simples

[/quote]

We would have been hit for six or seven if we had done that - not so simples!

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"][quote user="Fellas"]Our passing percentage was higher today than in our previous 5 games...[/quote]Source?[/quote]http://www.whoscored.com/

I should have put a disclaimer for statto''s: You will become hooked to this site!(and my apologises we had 74% passing against Newcastle vs 73% today, otherwise my point remains the same.)

That is a good stat! People are moaning about possesion but with the 2 strikers that are currently playing we will surrender the ball. This is because they arent good enough with the ball at their feet!! Prime example spurs 2nd goal!

May I firstly hang my head in shame as one of those who will dare to mention a negative and as a result be slung into the bin of disrepute.

I would love to pretend all is rosy and lest I forget where we came from, then I shall forever burn in the fires of hell (which is where we came from).

Tonight we were poor, there I said it. Yes it''s OK because we are not always going to play well. I said it, I feel OK I''ve not reduced to flames and I feel good for saying it how it is. I wonder how Paul Lambert would manage if he were never allowed to pick up on a negative. Those boys would be skipping out to Exeter away if he were allowed to keep the same values as some of our following. The thing is, like Paul Lambert, we want the best and we expect the best from our players. He gets it most weeks which is great. What I saw today was a formation that was incorrect, in that we didn''t fill the midfield and a side that did not value possession. We gave the ball away in situations where we were under no pressure which is a sin at this level from any player. Sloppy play from players who usually perform much better. Like it or not we were poor today. I except Spurs are a great side but we did ourselves no favors and allowed them into the game in too many areas. Too much respect and not enough of our Canary spirit that we have shown all season.

Yes before you all say it I am a new poster but come on guys give the team some respect and face reality!! We''re not always going to compete with the top 5-6 teams every game and tonight showed that, but to come on here and hammer the side that some of you so called "supporters" love and follow is an insult to Lambert and the team. They put their all into every game and because we don''t get a result against a top side you feel it''s only right to focus on the negatives. Tottenham were a class act tonight and whatever tactics were played we were always going to find it difficult. Cast your minds back 2 seasons when we lost 7-1 at home to Colchester, what a turn around its been since then. lambert, the players and background team have exceeded anyones expectations and because we lost tonight everyone seems to forget this. They are a credit to Norwich City and if you were to give me 11th place in the PL and 7 points from the drop zone at the turn of the new year I would have bitten your hand off. There''s a long way to go, granted, but get behind the team, not come back from watching the game, get on your computers and moan to your hearts content. The only way is up for Lambert and the team and we shouldn''t forget what these have done for this club

Yes, all that may be true but this is a discussion board after all, as has been mentioned elsewhere. It''s all about the ordinary supporter having his or her say, even when that appears to be critical. And it''s the British way to be cautious, many of us are naturally glass half-empty types :-)

Think people are being a bit harsh on us really. Dissapointing yes, but this was one of (could yet be THE top team) the top teams in the league. The game was won in midfield and no matter how much you moan about tactics the main reason we lost was because their midfield had Bale, Modric, Parker etc...in my opinion the best midfield in the league.And you can moan as much as you like but the tactics could have worked. We got 0-0 at half time, there was always a chance of nicking something on the break but Spurs really came out second half and pushed. Once the goal went in we didnt look like causing them any real troubles and that was the case.I think the premature comments of "more performances like that and we''ll be relegated" are absolute crap. Like really, really bad. We won''t be playing the top 3 week in week out, for starters.

My bro is a Spud and he reckons that was the best passing game thay have had all season.Any consolation? No,me neither!!Well and truly beaten last night.

I''m sorry but saying the tactics were wrong is talking complete rubbish. At half time ruddy had made one save from bale. They had the odd chance but we defended well. I noticed when we did get forward and lost the ball we got men back quickly to cover defensively. I think we can take a lot of positives from it with our defensive display. We played a top, top team in spurs and to keep them out at 2 nil when everyone of them was on their games I think we done well on that front. I''m sorry but this game like man city was not a level playing field. For example We had Russell Martin playing out of his skin bought for £10 with£2.50 change off colchester against million pounds of players. Roll on fulham. Please keep the same team because it is working. Otbc.

I agree roll on Fulham, but I do wonder if teams are beginning to work out our weaknesses. Yes as mentioned we are a team of promoted players but we have proved we can punch above our weight.

We were never going to beat that Spurs team and thank god it was 2-0, they had an amazing front 6. Our midfield diamond had been suspect defensively against Newcastle, Everton and Wolves. Once the ball is in our possession we play some very nice stuff and create a few opportunities. Yesterday even in the first half Tottenhams midfield could join the loan striker with ease as their speed ran through our midfield three with Hoolahan in front, even when we were sitting on our 18 yard line you could see that midfield was stretched across the width of the field. That midfield was really the three with Hoolahan trying to find his place in the middle.

I would like to see us play the 4-4-2 and think a few changes may be good, but do we think we may see a reaction with the team we were playing. The Fulham game becomes very important, otherwise it will be February before you know it. A positive bounce back is needed, I must admit I would rather see our midfield changed with Hoolahan on the bench, Pilky to start to offer quality into the box and probably Crofts dropped back to the bench for Johnson.

It is an interesting one, the Fulham game is a game that we could target for getting a three points. We need three points and with the points picked up at Everton and Wolves after leading just ticking us along, it would be good to go into the QPR game with another three points in the bag and then go into that game with real confidence. I thought we''d lose yesterday, we simply did not have the quality on the pitch to compete, the tactics and available tactical changes looked limited from the bench.

Lets see what happens, but I expect a change and feel Pilky put in a great late cameo to say come on Lambert you have to think about changing the system and I warrant inclusion.

For me it was a combination of some poor city performances against a very good spurs team.

Once again we were too soft in central defence.  Martin and Whitbread were again poor,  what  was whitbread doing for the opening goal?   Adebayor had 2 norwich shirts around him yet whitbread leaves bale and goes schoolboy like to the ball leaving a simple square ball to the penalty spot for an unmarked bale - poor discipline, shape defending common sense.  The second was good movement from the lad Bale (olympic captain without a doubt for me) but again the defensiveshape was poor.  A signing here is essential.

A flat 3midfield in front on the back four did not work, it gave gifted passers time to hit their men.  This was not the diamond,  this was a clear 4-3-1-2 rather than 4-1-2-1-2.  It failed and more than anything we gave spurs too much respect in playing it and in the second half playing it so poorly. 

In midfield Wes was anonymous and Fox simply over run.   Crofts was simply appalling - a player caught in the headlights yest.

And we were no better up front.  Poor service did not help but Holt for the second game running was poor and v lucky to stay on after his elbow early on - he was a long way off the pace - and morrison was not much better.  Neither competed,, held the ball up or offered a goal threat.   

The positives - were we held our own in a poor first half but spurs were the only side likely to score.  And Drury showed the whole team what DEFENDING is all about,  looked solid, held position and restricted space - the best defensive display from a yellow short all season and relaitvely little threat came down his wing. He suprised me and has to keep is place ahead of Tierney.   Actually we looked ok down the flanks. And Surman looked a good player.

Fortunately we will survive not by how we play in these games but against the Fulham & QPRs so the next two games are key.

COYY

[quote user="morrisons black eye"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="morrisons black eye"]lets have a bit of reality here. We are miles behind Spurs and we had no chance of going toe to toe with them, if we had we would have lost by  4 or 5 .It was dissapointing in the final 3rd with poor quailty to  Holt and Morison but they just don''t  let you play and you get little time on the ball with Modric and Parker dominating the midfield.
[/quote]

True, we had no chance of going toe to toe with Man Utd, Chesea and Liverpool. Oh wait a minute......

We were just poor today, no excuses, tactics were just wrong.

I think we will bounce back though, under Lambert we always do.

[/quote]
So what tatics would you have employed to combat Spurs goal threat as well as trying to be a threat ourselves.
[/quote]

Exactly!!  [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-052.gif[/IMG]

We were poor tonight, No question. I don''t think anybody expected us to get a win so let''s knock that one on the head. Not only that, most of us realise that we are not competing against the likes of Spurs, Arsenal etc. Instead, we are fighting Fulham, QPR etc to avoid the dreaded drop. That having been said, I thought we lacked fight and spirit last night. Our strategy appeared to be to get the whole team behing the ball and try and soak up the pressure for 90 minutes. I found the spectacle depressing not least because of the knowledge that a large number of neutrals were watching and must have been far from impressed on a day when lowly Wolves were able to go to the Emirates and carve out a draw.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]May I firstly hang my head in shame as one of those who will dare to mention a negative and as a result be slung into the bin of disrepute. I would love to pretend all is rosy and lest I forget where we came from, then I shall forever burn in the fires of hell (which is where we came from). Tonight we were poor, there I said it. Yes it''s OK because we are not always going to play well. I said it, I feel OK I''ve not reduced to flames and I feel good for saying it how it is. I wonder how Paul Lambert would manage if he were never allowed to pick up on a negative. Those boys would be skipping out to Exeter away if he were allowed to keep the same values as some of our following. The thing is, like Paul Lambert, we want the best and we expect the best from our players. He gets it most weeks which is great. What I saw today was a formation that was incorrect, in that we didn''t fill the midfield and a side that did not value possession. We gave the ball away in situations where we were under no pressure which is a sin at this level from any player. Sloppy play from players who usually perform much better. Like it or not we were poor today. I except Spurs are a great side but we did ourselves no favors and allowed them into the game in too many areas. Too much respect and not enough of our Canary spirit that we have shown all season.[/quote]

Your post is a million miles away from "Now that was pure s###e!! " so what is it you are trying to defend?

Yes Spurs are a different class to us. I''m afraid we''ll have to live with that one. The reason we were poor is because we weren''t allowed to be any better. One time in ten we may nick a point against such teams but even then we would be hopelessly outclassed. This is the Premier League and this is what it''s all about. Man U, Man C, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea are miles better than us all over the pitch. We will be outclassed every time we play them. Inferior players will look poor against players so much better. But to  say we were "pure s###e!!" is totally disrespectful.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]May I firstly hang my head in shame as one of those who will dare to mention a negative and as a result be slung into the bin of disrepute. I would love to pretend all is rosy and lest I forget where we came from, then I shall forever burn in the fires of hell (which is where we came from). Tonight we were poor, there I said it. Yes it''s OK because we are not always going to play well. I said it, I feel OK I''ve not reduced to flames and I feel good for saying it how it is. I wonder how Paul Lambert would manage if he were never allowed to pick up on a negative. Those boys would be skipping out to Exeter away if he were allowed to keep the same values as some of our following. The thing is, like Paul Lambert, we want the best and we expect the best from our players. He gets it most weeks which is great. What I saw today was a formation that was incorrect, in that we didn''t fill the midfield and a side that did not value possession. We gave the ball away in situations where we were under no pressure which is a sin at this level from any player. Sloppy play from players who usually perform much better. Like it or not we were poor today. I except Spurs are a great side but we did ourselves no favors and allowed them into the game in too many areas. Too much respect and not enough of our Canary spirit that we have shown all season.[/quote]

You''re entitled to your opinion of course but I can''t agree with you.

1. That was the best we could do. We only lost 2-0 to a top top side on top top form.

2. No disrespect but I think Lambert knows the most suitable formation for his team considering his experience in management (and success) and his intimate knowledge of the fitness and form of his players.

3. We gave away the ball so much because the lads were flat out on their feet chasing the majority of the play and therefore made understandable errors.

4. We didn''t pay Spurs too much respect we went in at half time goalless. They were just far too talented for a newly promoted side to cope with.

It''s not personal  Yellow Rages - I think that any posters who question the loyalty of critical fans are narrow minded and unwelcome - I just disagree with you on this one.

[quote user="Horse Manure"]Once again you clowns are on here thinking we should be competing with the big boys. If Spurs win their game in hand they are 4 points behind the mighty Manchester teams. We had a decent go again tonight, needed to score first to have any chance and eventually had to settle for no points as we were up against a very, very good side. If you really think we are going to challenge the cream of the Prem (even at home) then you are deluded. We have been bloody brilliant this season with a team full of Championship players. I am so glad Lambert didn''t follow the usual route of signing hasbeen Prem players (a la QPR) and still be struggling to compete. If you analyse our squad you will know that what we are doing this season is above and beyond what we should be and is a testament to firstly to the manager and then the players who at times have all proved that they are good enough to play at this level. They are not going to be world beaters every week but will learn quickly and will always give their all. It is a cliche to aim for 4th from bottom but if we stay up it will be another Paul Lambert ''miracle'' and maybe (just for you lot) we can aim for the Champions League next season! Wake up and smell the coffee[/quote]Thank God for that.....finally someone talking some sense, absolutely spot on horse manure