Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Football league show to be Cancelled

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?a=m4:23665448

This is a strange one norfolkchance. Not sure how much money would be saved on the short term as beeb had already paid for the rights. I guess ITV may step in next season for the football league rights. If jnot there will be a sizeable drop in income for the football league teams.  Couple this with 3pm saturday games being shown live in pubs it could mean the end for some of our football league clubs [:(]

Another reason to maintain Premiership status this season!

The only way the current money spinning roundabout in football will ever collapse and football gets back to how it was pre 1992 is for the TV deals to collapse which with internet streaming is possible!

Not sure the Mirror are reporting much new here; I think it''s fairly common knowledge that the BBC''s FL contract is up this season so it''s no surprise they''re neglecting it. The MOTD speculation is pretty baseless. As for Late Kick Off, I read somewhere that it''s back next month. Presumably we will still be covered by LKO East despite being in the Prem, as I believe the North East one covers Newcastle and Sunderland, and we''re clearly the region''s biggest club!

Late Kick Off  back on 16th January, according to Kevin Piper on radio Norfolk yesterday.

He said only limited part showing on Norwich as concentrating on FL as MOD covers Norwich.

O.T.B.C.

Funny that as soon as we get promoted the Beeb think of cancelling the show - were we in fact the only club''s fans that bothered to watch it after all.  Remember how many times the presenters were always on the defensive whenever our fans wrote to complain about lack of exposure etc.  Bet they miss having us there to complain now!

The BBC have done a pretty good job in my opinion. Manish Bhasin is far more eloquent than Gary Lineker. While Claridge seems fairly knowledgeable of the Football League. Unlike Hansen and Lawrenson, who don''t give a monkeys about any team outside the Premier League top six.Squeezing the highlights of 36 games into an hour or so is a tough job. Personally I think the BBC should have tried to get more live games. The Championship is a very well attended league and should receive far more media coverage than it does.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]It''s a shame really- the Football League Show is ten times better than The Championship on ITV. That truly was an awful, awful programme.[/quote]Totally agree. At least the BBC splashed out on a studio. The ITV version couldn''t have looked much lower budget. It was as if they saw the League as so far below the Premier League that all it deserved was a half-arsed, amateur effort.

I can never understand why these programmes need presenters and analysts. Just show the match highlights/ goals etc with music and something on screen telling you score. Like Netbusters.

I hate the way we need these analysts like Shearer to tell us after several views of the same decision that it was a penalty/ red card. We can make our own mind up.

These companies overdo it in every sport. It would be nice to get a no frills look. Just show goals + music and it will cost a lot lot less to make and people may also get to see more action rather that tired washed up opiniated has beens making cheap innuendo jokes like they are on the back seat of a school bus.

The FLS should have been shown earlier on one of the other BBc channels rather than past midnight on a Saturday. If the reason is to save money then with Hansen on a reported £40/k per show then i can see other ways of cutting costs!

Is this "Hansen on £40k a show" thing true, has it been highlighted anywhere at all?

If its true then its as bad a case of a publicly financed company pissing away money needlessly as there has ever been, even for the BBC.

FM, there are loads of equally experienced old pros out there, just as capable, who would do it for £500 a show and expenses!

I guess thats never occurred to them and their cosy cartel of "experts"?