Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Gareth Bale 'chimp' chant

I thought the chant of "you''re just a ----- Kyle Naughton," at Kyle Walker was class. The Bale one has been doing the rounds for quite a while. Fair play to the guy. He scored and decided to give a bit back to the fans. I don''t see how people can get annoyed about it. If you dish it out, you have to also take it from time to time.

I used to like Bale a lot, my second favourite non-Noriwch player after Messi. But his celebration, was pathetic. Did he think he won the world cup? He''s more arrogant than C.Ronaldo. Old ''arry doesn''t help, saying how wonderful he is every week. Why can''t some of these footballers take a leaf out of Messi and Xavi''s book, you don''t have to be so arrogant and self obsessed to be a good footballer.

Does this chant explain why he celebrated his goals in the way he did? His reaction seemed very OTT, but if I had been getting stick all game then I would definitely give it back. (Wasnt at the game so not sure how loud they were)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I used to like Bale a lot, my second favourite non-Noriwch player after Messi. But his celebration, was pathetic. Did he think he won the world cup? He''s more arrogant than C.Ronaldo. Old ''arry doesn''t help, saying how wonderful he is every week. Why can''t some of these footballers take a leaf out of Messi and Xavi''s book, you don''t have to be so arrogant and self obsessed to be a good footballer.[/quote]His celebration was in response to the chants aimed at him throughout the game.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I used to like Bale a lot, my second favourite non-Noriwch player after Messi. But his celebration, was pathetic. Did he think he won the world cup? He''s more arrogant than C.Ronaldo. Old ''arry doesn''t help, saying how wonderful he is every week. Why can''t some of these footballers take a leaf out of Messi and Xavi''s book, you don''t have to be so arrogant and self obsessed to be a good footballer.[/quote]His celebration was in response to the chants aimed at him throughout the game.[/quote]Yep fair play! I joined in with the chants, if he scores he''s perfectly entitled to rub it in my face i guess!Stupid chimp-scoring git..

Harry Redknapp wasn''t impressed as I just read in the Daily Mail.

The only sour note for Redknapp came when some Norwich fans aimed offensive chants about his looks at Bale during the game.

‘They’re disrespectful,’ said Redknapp. ‘It makes you sick.’

It''s called banter twitchy.

redknapp also says he would love it if norwich stayed up because we deserve to and it is a lovely place, so i dont think we should complain too much about what he had to say about norwich.

Gareth Bale is a world class footballer, and he is only 22. He is enjoying his football, and rightly so. I couldn''t care less what celebration he does, it wasn''t disrespectful to the Norwich fans. I really enjoy watching him play, somewhat similar to Hucks, but the lad is still only 22, what a future he has. If only he was English.....

[quote user="J.Warman"]redknapp also says he would love it if norwich stayed up because we deserve to and it is a lovely place, so i dont think we should complain too much about what he had to say about norwich.[/quote]He did indeed try and be complimentary to Norwich, but the interviewer was not interested, nice try Arry [:)]

if gareth bale was black but still had his same facial features and we sung " oh gareth bale you look like a chimp" the match would have been abandoned and we would have to play the remainder of the season behind closed doors... gareth bale should demand equality [:D]

The abuse of Bale was disgusting. A Chimp is more evolved than the morons doing the monkey chants. First time in years Iv''e been embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.

[quote user="JF"]The abuse of Bale was disgusting. A Chimp is more evolved than the morons doing the monkey chants. First time in years Iv''e been embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.[/quote]I second this, it went too far. I too felt embarrased and ashamed, it was disgusting to hear.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Mildly amusing although a little bit insulting!

It wouldn''t of gone down well if aimed at a black player!

[/quote]Ironic intut. You''d be up in court if the player was black.  Trying to explain it wasn''t a racist chant. [:D]

[quote user="Canary Chris"][quote user="JF"]The abuse of Bale was disgusting. A Chimp is more evolved than the morons doing the monkey chants. First time in years Iv''e been embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.[/quote]I second this, it went too far. I too felt embarrased and ashamed, it was disgusting to hear.[/quote]

I agree it wasn''t nice Zemus but thats part of what football is all about, a bit of silly banter, anything more and its not acceptable!

I expect all of the fans chanting at Bale would like to be in his shoes and most definately aren''t as wealthy as the great player so end of the day the last laugh is with Gareth Bale - wonderful footballer with the world at his feet who when he packs in football will never have to work again if he doesn''t want to!

And as a female I can confirm that Gareth Bale is also a very attractive bloke probably more attractive than most of the Barclay and snakepit lot having a go at him e ven if he does look a bit like a chimp!

[quote user="Canary Chris"][quote user="JF"]The abuse of Bale was disgusting. A Chimp is more evolved than the morons doing the monkey chants. First time in years Iv''e been embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.[/quote]I second this, it went too far. I too felt embarrased and ashamed, it was disgusting to hear.[/quote]Oh dear god you two. Look, if i can arrange a convenient time for the both of you, i''ll arrange you a `date` so to speak. You can sip hot chocolate, have a cuddle together and cry about how the naughty nasty norwich fans said a bad thing about an opposition player.[IMG]http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/1441481/images/1206948357279.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Canary Chris"][quote user="JF"]The abuse of Bale was disgusting. A Chimp is more evolved than the morons doing the monkey chants. First time in years Iv''e been embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.[/quote]

I second this, it went too far. I too felt embarrased and ashamed, it was disgusting to hear.
[/quote]

I don''t see how this was a disgusting chant? It''s a bit of banter at the fact he looks slightly chimpish! I have big ears and people have always laughed at me for it, but I don''t care, it''s just a bit of harmless banter. If a footballer who is paid over 100 thousand pounds every week and is one of the most sought after players in the world gets upset at a little chant about his appearance then he really is a spoilt brat! Should we have all stood up and sing ''Gareth Bale is a wonderful footballer'' instead? Or maybe ''I love Gareth Bale'' all match? It wasn''t racial/sexist/homosexual/about somebodies death, it was just about him having big ears and a slightly funny looking face, I''m sure he didn''t lose any sleep over it. I''d bloody love to be in his position, I wouldn''t care if people chanted songs about me having slightly larger than average ears!!!

Whilst I think the chant is just banter,The amount of money they earn is irrelavant,What about players in non-league football, they dont earn much, can you call them chimps?My boss earns a fortune, so is it right that I walk into his office and call him a chimp?

[quote user="lake district canary"]

"My boss earns a fortune, so is it right that I walk into his office and call him a chimp?"

Does he have big ears though?

[/quote]He looks like Gareth Bale

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="lake district canary"]

"My boss earns a fortune, so is it right that I walk into his office and call him a chimp?"

Does he have big ears though?

[/quote]

He looks like Gareth Bale
[/quote]

Say no more!    Chimp it is.....................