Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Pilkington

I have heard from 3 people now that pilkington is going to liverpool in January (the first 2 i did not believe but the 3rd person told me about Chris Martins loan 3 days before it came up on the pink un and the official site).

I dont see why Liverpool would need another midfielder but has anyone else heard anything about this?

Not going to happen, he showed some spark but has gone off the boil of late and is being kept out of the team by others... hardly a tempting player for a club with top 4 aspirations!

I would be surprised by this. He has not been starting lately but this doesn''t mean he is off. I remember around this time last year Wes wasn''t starting and everyone assumed he was going in January.

cant see it myself.   first season in the prem;  just back from a bad injury and understandably his form has dipped.   He will imporve again but dont yet see him as liverpool class.   However given downing went for £20m an offer of £10m would be impossible to reject wouldnt it?  

[quote user="Ozbarclay"]What ! Pilkington is worried about Paul Lambert''s drinking?  tsk?

[/quote]

What do you expect from a Glaswegian.

As for the rumour, that started in the Mirror a month or so ago.  I can''t find the original story, but this was one of the fanzine copies http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/11/22/liverpool-to-launch-surprise-5m-bid-for-norwich-city-winger/

[quote user="fen canary"]I have been told that Pilks has fallen out with PL over his drinking and social life.

No idea if it is true or not[/quote]He wouldnt even be making the Bench if that was the case, Lambert would never allow it! And to be honest Pilks doesnt strike me as one to have  problem like that, he probably does go out, but hes got a family and judging by his twitter is more of a staying in on COD or going out for dinner kind of guy

I would be surprised if this happens, the guy has not long settled into his new home with his family, clearly has two very good buddies at the club in Bennett and Vaughan, maybe i could see this if he had been unstoppable every game we''ve played in but he hasn''t.

He''s a good player and will hopefully regain his place in the side against Fulham and go on to help us to achieve the points we need to stay up :)