Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Leon, banjos and cows bums

Ok we all love the effort and enthusiasm, but 1 in 20???(Jarvis has levelled in a fraction of the time).

Leon= fast, hard working lad who will tear defences apart in lower divisions. (I would LOVE him to prove me wrong), 

Sadly he seems to be punching well above his weight. Stick him on the bench- and a new signing up front and we MIGHT survive.

With no new strikers we will suffer- FACT. People seem surprised that we are reaping no points- truth is, though we dominate games, we hardly threaten up front. Until we have a potent front man it will always be ''close but no cigar''!!

The teenagers (Crow and Jarvis) are fantastic (and should play ahead of Mullers and Leon) but not  ready to take the responsibilty of the club on their young shoulders.

We need someone...and quick. Imagine where we would be if we had Johnstone as opposed to palace???

Now if our whole team was lacking- the board would be correct to be prudent. But when you are SO CLEARLY only lacking the finish- then it is time to bust your balls to get someone in! This month will tell us a lot about our ambition.

This is not a whinge but an honest reflection. Ultimately we do not have the knowledge the board do- but it is SO frustrating watching our poor lads get naff all for their labours...here''s hoping!!

with a lot of work leon could be very deadly. but we cant be waiting around for it to happen. I say keep green and just force the board to get some money in any way. Or we could get a loan. or we could use McVeigh in a swap + money deal with crew or celtic. we need a striker to convert the chances. doherty seemed to have more shots on goal than Mckenzie. And hes a defender

McKenzie will be very good - he just needs more time. Unfortunately we ain''t got it but at the moment he is still out best bet upfront as long as Hucks is exiled to the wing.

I agree with the other postings. We love Leon - but unfortunately he can''t prove himself in the Prem. Give Jarvis or Crow a go. Please tho Board, bring us another striker to back them up.

I agree link that the service was non existent yesterday - we kept the ball well and in the first half in particularly we easily the better side, but at no stage were we a potent threat - we hardly made Dudek work did we?However a lot of this is down the runs Leon makes - just as the ball enters a threatening area he finds himself out wide were he endangers only the ball boys - being a lone striker is tough but he does need to be in the box when we are attacking. At the end of the day Leon, bless him, is just another Holt - he runs his heart out but simply is not effective enough, poor touch, limited link up play, not much vision, poor positioning. I cant see him scoring a goal like Jarvis'' - can you?Given the next game is only a cup match why not give Jarvis a run up front? Other than he seems to be behind Crow (who looked like he had good movement and touch but is too small/lightweight)OTBC

[quote]McKenzie will be very good - he just needs more time. Unfortunately we ain''t got it but at the moment he is still out best bet upfront as long as Hucks is exiled to the wing.[/quote]

As you say , we aint got the time to wait for  Leon to learn the job he`s being paid for ! ..........  [ doesn`t this  come under the trades description act ?  ]  I certainly liked the style of Jarvis  , he`s hungry , could be another Rooney  ......  put him  and Hucks  up front  ! my hunch is we are far too predictable  at the mo , the youth of Jarvis  , and the experience of Hucks  could well light up the rest of the season ....... 

There was a half chance in the first half when Leon was clear through on the left of their penalty area having been played in by Hux. A confident striker would have whacked a shot hard and fast striaght in. Leon hesitated and played a poor square ball which got cleared and put them in possession. Sums him up for me. Leon is on a different planet from the balls fed through- he''s rarely there and makes the midfielders look crap.