Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

felt sorry for

The gobby Norwich fans who couldn''t contain themselves were chucked out at the Weston Homes Community stadium 2 years ago!

Anyway ColU should be eternally grateful cause unless they get West Ham. Arsenal, Spurs ManU etc in a cup game they''ll be a long time before they beat their record crowd of 10,000 against us helped no end by the 1000+ Norwich fans in home ends!

Many of us have gone in home areas while watching Norwich away. We know the score keep quiet with no colours on and you''ll be alright!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Ground regulations state no ''away'' fans in ''home'' areas. Although stewards/etc should have picked up on this pre-match, it perhaps only became obvious when they celebrated.

Can''t have one rule for one person, then a different rule for another. They defied clear regulations, and were all treated as such - and all treated equally.

If they had any intelligence they wouldn''t have celebrate so publicly. To do it once was ignorant, to do it twice (thus fully revealing themselves) was utterly moronic.

If you don''t remove ALL ''away'' fans (just because they are young, or for whatever reason), you open yourself to a dangerous precedent...[/quote]

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Ground regulations state no ''away'' fans in ''home'' areas. Although stewards/etc should have picked up on this pre-match, it perhaps only became obvious when they celebrated.

Can''t have one rule for one person, then a different rule for another. They defied clear regulations, and were all treated as such - and all treated equally.

If they had any intelligence they wouldn''t have celebrate so publicly. To do it once was ignorant, to do it twice (thus fully revealing themselves) was utterly moronic.

If you don''t remove ALL ''away'' fans (just because they are young, or for whatever reason), you open yourself to a dangerous precedent...[/quote]

If any of the away fans who were caught in Home areas were using season tickets passed on by Norwich Fans the club could withdraw the season ticket, same with tickets being bought by Norwich Fans, their customer number could be blocked stopping them getting tickets in the future.

I''m not saying the Club will do this just that they are within their rights to do so.

For the record I would applaud them for doing so.

A thick Spurs fan was removed from the Jarrold because the halfwit stood up and cheered when they scored their first goal.

There was also another Spurs fan at the front who also cheered their goals but it looked like he had Downs Syndrome so the stewards let him stay and to be fair to the fans around him they did not make a fuss.

Agreed- not sympathy.

I sat in the Villa end this season- due to a free season ticket. I sat their in silence, if I were to celebrate a goal I''d expect to be thrown out. Even with Pilkington''s freekick flew in. I just sat there. It is hard to show no emotion but if you''re stupid enough to celebrate. Expect to get thrown out.

Regardless of age, he must of had a minder (a parent?) with him- it''s a tough lesson. But imagine if a Spurs fan was found in the snakepit- it would be carnage?

[quote user="Harry"]If any of the away fans who were caught in Home areas were using season tickets passed on by Norwich Fans the club could withdraw the season ticket, same with tickets being bought by Norwich Fans, their customer number could be blocked stopping them getting tickets in the future.

I''m not saying the Club will do this just that they are within their rights to do so.

For the record I would applaud them for doing so.[/quote]

[No Subject]

Hide Details

Richard Cutting

Message flagged Thursday, 29 December 2011, 21:02Message Body

It seems you can take the fans out of League One but can’t get League One out of the fans. What a pathetic small town, small club, small minded response to a poor boy that Baldy says looked 11.

City always had an embarrassing element in the fan base which sadly seems to be getting bigger rather than smaller. I have supported City from a variety of away ends over the years. You know where you stand (metaphorically speaking), keep your head down and mouth shut and you are OK. Must recently I had a little celebration high up in the West Stand at Stamford Bridge of the equaliser.

What is it you are afraid of? Is supporting Spurs contagious?

More likely the “get em out brigade” like to give it large when hiding behind the stewards but then are surprised when the same behaviour it the outside world results in a “firm response”. Not really what you would call bringing the “football family” together.

Still you can console yourselves about not being “plastic fans” by coughing up once a year for your season ticket