Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Fulham thread

everytime they attack they create space and leave our defenders. Everytime we attack its the complete opposite. This half has really highlighted our defensive frailties.

Whitebread was too easily skipped past for the goal. Similar to the spurs goal.

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]The defense is poor at the minute but it is makeshift - we have a right back at left back, have a centre half playing only his second Prem game who is also coming back from three months out, he is partnered by a centre half who has just had three months out. A Little perspective would help.[/quote]The defense has been poor all season, today is no excuse[/quote]Not an excuse, perspective - if ot has been poor all season you couldn''t have expected it to be better today in light of the circumstances. Also, the defense needs some help from those in front of them, we should not just rely on the back five players - defending is a team event.[/quote]To be fair that''s a good point, usually the strong point for us is our holding midfield and attacking play, making up for our poor defense, without it we look a very poor side.[/quote]Agreed, I think this is why we have tended to play five in midfield (three of them relatively narrow), the hope seems to be that numbers will make up for the lack of real quality in the middle.

For me Hoolahan is arguably our most talented player along with Pilks, however, call it old fashioned but i''d love to see Lambert go 4-4-2 with Brad Johnson & Fox as our central pairing then Bennett and Pilks bombing down the wings whipping in crosses for Holt and Morison.

Flash? Probably not, Effective? Stats for us so far this season would suggest so in the sense we score most of our goals from headers.

Teams seem to have figured out their best bet is to run straight towards our defence...not enjoying it when Fulham push fowardWe almost seem to be crowding ourselves in midfield at times...wonder if Lambert can fix this

[quote user="諾維奇城"]HOLT ON SURMAN OFF PLEASE[/quote]

Tend to agree, I''m not hugely impressed with the holt/Mori combo but when Morison gets dragged out wide, there''s no one putting any pressure on in the box.

For the first time this season, I''m worried. Always thought we had enough to avoid the drop but now I''m not so sure. Other results not going our way either.

The difference today so far has been the midfields really - Johnson let Dembele walk past him for their goal, exposing our new CB pairing too early in the game.  Fulham midfield seem able to tackle and win balls at will whereas our midfield seem unable to make a tackle at all.  We need some more bite there.

Holt on.

[quote user="Mike Hunt"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Who''s off?[/quote]

Thought there was a funny smell around.

[/quote]You need to be careful talking about funny smells with a name like that.

Wes is so frustrating. Seems very disengaged at the moment. As soon as we lose the ball he isn''t interested. Even when their player has to run past wes, he just doesn''t want to know.

The crowd is silent and we have no urgency. We should be peppering the goal now.

Little disappointing we look out of ideas really and I think it shows we need a striker, midfielder and defender to be brought in now for our survival.

[quote user="smooth"]

The crowd is silent and we have no urgency.

[/quote]

Correct. First time this season in my opinion that we just don''t want it badly enough. Not the city we have come to love and expect.

We have played better, but little urgency, purpose and actually genuine quality. We are in the final third but just look a little desperate and out of ideas. It is better but has not warranted a goal. Disappointed just two in the box then against 6 defenders in the box. 5 minutes was our time but we had Lansbury who I still think could have offered us loads this season.

Certainly this will strengthen Lamberts plans for new acquisitions - pop and see the board and say we need these players lets do this.

Bloody hell,well done lads! We needed that as all the other results weren''t going our way!