Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Crow must start against Villa!.

Okay, firstly, I had to miss the game against Liverpool today, but watched it on Sky instead.

From what I saw (which can be deceptive on TV) Leon''s first touch, was as usual, non existant, unlike Crow''s.

Yes, he did come off injured, but when Crow appeared the whole team seemed to shift up a gear.

For me that''s not a coincident. Yes, Leon is a real battler, but we need more than just guts. First touch and awareness is vital at this level.

In the absence of a new signing, or Leon getting fit in time, I think Danny Crow should start ahead of Mckenzie against Villa. Or indeed anytime.

Trust the young en''s Worthy, they have been coached the City way from day one. And don''t forget, Leon is basically a third division player in the premiership, and I''m afraid today it showed!.

well play him against West Ham and see how he goes first. I thought its good that he comes on to play against some of the best defenders in the world and just pushes them out the way to get the ball for the throw in. He seems to have hunger and a good first touch, he linked up well with the other players aswel

[quote]well play him against West Ham and see how he goes first. I thought its good that he comes on to play against some of the best defenders in the world and just pushes them out the way to get the ball f...[/quote]

Damn it Northern Canary, I was so upset, I plum forget about West Ham!.

I agree 100% with your assesment though.

I agree that he needs to be given a decent run-out in the team. the Hammers game would be perfect. I felt he was more impressive than Jarvis, who to be honest didn''t do much up until he scored. If he starts the match, which is very likely as worthy may opt to rest McKenzie due to his hamstring, we will be able to see if he''s "up for it" although i can''t see worthy playing him ahead of McKenzie for the villa game, unless he''s not fit. 

Agree with the Crow thread, but i don''t think we can be to harsh on Leon. To say Jarvis didn''t do anything until he scored, well thats a hell of a comment. Jarvis showed in that moment of brilliance, that he is up for this level, truly superb goal. They both deserve the plaudits and the chance to play more first team football.

...and don''t forget the great pass from Jonsson that opened up the space for Jarvis as well. Along with the one for Bentley (marginally offside) they were the best 2 defence splitting passes of the game.

Isn''t Jonsson up front not a real option too?

Wasn''t Jarvis playing in midfield, out of his usual position?

Leon seems completely low on confidence, a run in the reserves might help him re-find his goal scoring form and rebuild his confidence.

Lets try Jarvis and Crow against West Ham, and keep Jonsson in midfield feeding them. Then lets make a call about Villa!