Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Jackson, team for QPR

Surely Jackson deserves a start now? Others (Johnson, Surman, Fox, Crofts.....) have all had mini runs in the team so why not start him with Holt or Moro? He was THE factor that got us over the line last year and I think he''s been a bit unlucky so far. Guess Holt and Morison are first in line. Anyway he has pace which naturally complements either Holt or Morison and his scoring ratio is high compared to.minutes on the pitch.

Hope we go 442 against a team that on paper are around our level. We can get a massive 3 points.

Depends if Holt can do a job upfront on his own or not.

Hoolahan may also be in need of a rest, although I suppose he won''t be playing against Burnley.

Morison definaty should not play, maybe not even bother having him on the bench? Jackson and Holt upfront could work, diamond is probably going to work best then, maybe even the team we had in the second half, with Jackson in for Morison? Maybe thats a bit too offensive to start an away game? If Pilks (or Bennett) are up to the job defensivley, it could work. Especially since Surman seems to have realised he is allowed to get stuck in and win the ball, he''s actually playing very well all round (for the past three games).

Could Drury be back in the team for monday? I''m assuming Tierney won''t be, just wonder wether Lambert will keep the full backs the same since they both played so well (I personally couldn''t chose between them for MOTM). The defensive and attacking ability of both of them, seemed to work very well in the second half, although QPR could perhaps test us a bit more.

I''m sure Lambert will want to start a lot more positivly against QPR, our performances are dropping of late, Everton away was a shambles, Wolves was pretty good but far to scrappy for 2/3rds of the game, Spurs we were just outclassed and we had a dreadful 45 mins today. Do we go for the attacking option?

Jackson has got to start for me.  Morison needs a rest so play him and Holt in a 4-4-2.

Ruddy

R.Martin       Ayala       Whitbread      Naughton

Bennett           Fox         Johnson         Surman

Holt        Jackson

Assuming Tierney and Drury are still injured otherwise we should go with a back four of Naughton-R.Martin-Whitbread-Tierney/Drury.

Agree with that line up i wouldn''t go with Ayala though just coming back from injury may be too much for him. I''d put Martin in the center, and give Dawking a runout if dury or tierny arn''t fit.

I can understand why he hasnt been given a run but thats not to say he shouldnt.

Pace is his main asset along with sime good technical ability. His problem is decision making. The more time he has on the ball the more he appears to over do it or be unsure.

I think this is him adjusting up two leagues still but he is full of energy and enthiusiasm. Needs some confidence too.

[quote user="smiley"]Agree with that line up i wouldn''t go with Ayala though just coming back from injury may be too much for him. I''d put Martin in the center, and give Dawking a runout if dury or tierny arn''t fit.[/quote]

I assumed Drury was just rested today after his first game on Tuesday, is he injured? If not I would expect him to have another game, he was one of the few positives from the Spurs game.

Jackson has warranted a starting place in the last two games. We do seem to have a terrible lack of premiership pace and he is that little spark. I don''t think he is the long term answer but against QPR some pace behind them may be the answer, I do think we need a striker this month.

I also think Hoolahan is dropped, I would go with a four man midfield with Benno, Fox, Johnson, Pilky. But now I just hope we can get some players in this month because we are looking very much in need of some pace and genuine quality that is a level above our players at the mo.

We can play a pacey game with the right squad members in the team. Unfortunately one of them is injured (Vaughan) but he could be back soon which in itself will be like a new signing. While Jackson, Bennett and to an extent Naughton all offer decent pace. Jacko and Bennett haven''t started too many games - if they did, we''d have the pace we need to worry plenty of defences in this league.

Starting tomorrow at Colin''s Park Rangers.