Sign in to follow this  
bringbackandyhughes

Morrison

Sorry but the bloke is an arse. Yes he has been playing on his own at times and the service has not been great but his effort in the last few games has been nothing short of pathetic. Needs to buy back into the team ethic quickly or clear off in my eyes.

Before you all abuse me, yes my views are extreme but I am a firm beliver that body language can set the whole tone of a match and his is not helping us at all. just look at the never say die attitude of Holty, Russell Martin etc that lifts the crowd and makes the fans and players thrive off each other spurring us on to late goals etc.

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]Sorry but the bloke is an arse. Yes he has been playing on his own at times and the service has not been great but his effort in the last few games has been nothing short of pathetic. Needs to buy back into the team ethic quickly or clear off in my eyes. Before you all abuse me, yes my views are extreme but I am a firm beliver that body language can set the whole tone of a match and his is not helping us at all. just look at the never say die attitude of Holty, Russell Martin etc that lifts the crowd and makes the fans and players thrive off each other spurring us on to late goals etc.[/quote]

I don''t think Lambert would keep playing him if his effort is pathetic and he doesn''t play for the team.

I think he has all the attributes to be a decent Prem striker but he needs to have the hunger and fight in him to make it happen like he did earlier in the season. There have been more talent players than him who have missed the boat due to attitude and desire issues.

No coincidence that the goals have dried up for him of late?

I think the goals have dried up for him of late because we''ve change the formation and style of play to incorporate Holt.

As stated in many threads, Morison doesn''t need to run around like a headless chicken and chase lost causes because Holt does that. While Holt is busy running himself ragged, Morison is holding his position to profit from Holt''s "tenacity."

I''m not putting him in the same bracket as the next players mentioned in terms of class but you ask if Cantona or Berbatov''s body language and "lack of effort" did them any harm.

When Morison is up top on his own he will run himself into the ground for the team. We''ve seen it time and time again. When he''s got Holt up top with him, he has to change his game to accommodate this.

I would imagine we''d see a different Morison yet again if he was partnered by Jackson because he will busting a gut to win the balls to tee up Jackson off the defender''s shoulder.

Sorry keyboard warriors but I don''t care how his name is spelt! Very sad that you try and score points over people with petty little jibes about things like that! You all know who I''m talking about.

And I gave you an honest and fair view of how I feel about Morison. Take the first response as the joke it was meant and get over it. No different to the little jabs you take with your mates when you talk football. Sorry if offence was caused :-)

Understand you point Fox but I did not see him busting a gut and running himself into the ground yesterday in the 1st half when he was on his own.

I just think he may have started to believe the hype and praise he was getting a bit and needs a little reminder that you have to work for things. Tiredness, lack of supply, loss of form etc all could be playing a part as well but I can''t stand a lack of effort and that''s what I think we are seeing at the moment.

I like him, I think he''s a hard worker, and when you''re the lone man up front feeding off scraps against Premiership defences you are going to find it difficult and it will inevitably show in your body language.Could you explain a bit more what you mean by "the bloke is an arse"?

Is the reason that morison chases everything is so we can play closer to the defending team and press them when they have the ball deep in thier own half.

I would assume that if morison has been asked to do this then our midfield would be doing the same to win the ball back, so if this isnt working then i wouldn''t put all the blame at morison''s door. in earlier games i seem to remember pilks and bennett playing well when going forward but not so keen to defend or do any chasing themselves (im not saying they are lazy) they just havent been doing it?

I like Morison , however he needs a lot more help.

I think your first point in the list f factors there hits the nail on the head. I think it''s tiredness. If you think back to the beginning of the season, he never ever stopped and would genuinely look dead on his feet around the 60 minute mark. Maybe Lambert''s said "look, you can''t keep doing that, you need to conserve your energy, you''re no good to us knackered."

I do really like him as a player and I rate his attitude and work ethic but I can see how some people view it.

Holt''s always going to make people look bad with his work rate but as mentioned earlier (even if Lambert never said it) Morison is no good to us if we have to use one of our subs every time he plays because he''s run himself into the ground.

Where I also think he may get frustrated is that when he is the lone striker, he has not once had the support that you see at teams that are more rehearsed at this formation. This is where I really believe Pilkington or Crofts have to be driving into the box a la Gerrard or Lampard. Again, different class but it''s no surprise that Liverpool''s most successful times and Chelsea''s were when Lampard and Gerrard were getting near 20 goals a season because they were supporting the lone strikers of Torres and Drogba properly? Wes doesn''t offer us that in my opinion and it makes Morison''s job even harder.

why can''t people(so called fans) get of Morison''s back His style of play hasn''t changed all season so why the criticism now i can''t understand !!!

He is this years scapegoat i believe .

Can''t we just support our team and get behind them for the whole game .

PS if the twat behind me doesn''t shut up about Morison i swear i''m going to hit him .

OTBC

True everyone has different opinions but i think some people would rather see the club struggling again and the players turning up and not giving a dam(Roeder era )

all i''m saying is why slate players ,get behind them ffs !!!

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]I think he has all the attributes to be a decent Prem striker but he needs to have the hunger and fight in him to make it happen like he did earlier in the season. There have been more talent players than him who have missed the boat due to attitude and desire issues.

No coincidence that the goals have dried up for him of late?[/quote]He''s gone 4 games without a goal, during which he''s created 2. It''s not the worst dry patch.

I have to admit I''m not Morisons biggest fan. I believe a lot of the city faithful have been blinded by his early good start to the season. I think he is very good at some things but poor at others. But while he is doing it on the pitch I will get behind him because he is better than a lot of dross we have had up front in the past.

It seems he''s suddenly become the whipping boy most probably because he keeps Holt out of the starting line up.If Lambert thought he wasn''t worthy of a place, he certainly would not be starting. To buy someone similar to Morison now, would cost us money we certainly don''t have.Leave the guy alone, we were in the top half of the Premier League at the turn of the year, i''m sure we would all have taken that at the beginning of August.

Sorry, but people slagging off morrison are complete mongs.

By acting negative and pretending you have an extended

football knowledge makes you look SO incredibly stupid, you people are walking

jokes an we are all laughing at you.

The people that booed at halftime (I didnt hear any from

where I was) Should be banned from all carrow road league matches, Cup matches,

Music concerts and christmas parties. They would be of no loss AT ALL

I take your points with regards to getting behind the team and I always do that during the 90 odds minutes of a game and as I will do at QPR tomorrow however blind faith (which I''m not saying is the case at te moment) can equally be as harmful to a team and a club and we have incurred huge problems as a result of the before.

Morison gave one of the best 65 mins of football from a lone centre forward I have seen at Carrow road in the match against Swansea when he literally bullied what has been a very well organised and compliant premier league defence, however his performances in the last few weeks have been getting worse and worse and (in my opinion) his effort levels have declined immensely which has caused the problem. I really hope, if selected tomorrow, that he is back to his best however if I was manager I would not accept what I have seen in the last few matches and would put him on the bench to remind him that he needs to put a shift in.

Was Morrison late arriving for the Tottenham game - I''m not sure how long before he would normally arrive?   We actually saw him arrive, with a mate after all the other players had, and someone (a supporter) said to him something along the lines of "you''re late" - the exchange seemed to be along the lines that he (Morrison) thought the kick off was later than it was, so maybe was late.One of the stewards then said he would/could be fined two weeks wages.Anyway - we  thought his attitude was really miserable when he arrived at the ground (or is this just his normal self)?  We both commented after the game that we thought he had a poor performance, and was this the reason?  There were only a few people around when he arrived - just wondered if anyone else had heard this, and whether it is a factor?

[quote user="65Vintage"]Was Morrison late arriving for the Tottenham game - I''m not sure how long before he would normally arrive?   We actually saw him arrive, with a mate after all the other players had, and someone (a supporter) said to him something along the lines of "you''re late" - the exchange seemed to be along the lines that he (Morrison) thought the kick off was later than it was, so maybe was late.One of the stewards then said he would/could be fined two weeks wages.Anyway - we  thought his attitude was really miserable when he arrived at the ground (or is this just his normal self)?  We both commented after the game that we thought he had a poor performance, and was this the reason?  There were only a few people around when he arrived - just wondered if anyone else had heard this, and whether it is a factor?

[/quote]

Wahey! this is exactly what we need. A bit of Jackanory! Better listen to this guy, he''s got the inside track. Typical "By brothers, mother in laws best mate cuts wes hoolahans hair and he said that blahblahblah"

I would like to invite everyone who has a problem with steve morrison to have a go at him to his face. He''s only 6 foot 3 and 15 stone, I''m sure you''d man up and tell him exactly what you think of him, wouldn''t you?

or would you melt at the knees like an 8 year old at a justin beiber concert?

[quote user="65Vintage"]One of the stewards then said he would/could be fined two weeks wages.[/quote]Yep, them stewards normally do the wages when they''ve finished coaching the team and after they''ve chaired the board meetings. [:S]

Not Jackanory why would I - I have absolutely nothing against him as a player!  We were staying at the Holiday Inn at CR for a treat and wandered round that way to our seats in the Jarrold - me and my wife stood right right near him while someone got their shirt autographed by him when there was this exchange with him and another fan.He arrived at 18.10pm - thats why I asked the questions is he normally as miserable as he appeared and also was he late - is 18.10 late arriving for a 19.30 kick off?  I don''t know as we rarely stay in the hotel for the night, so are rarely there when the players arrive.  He was the only one we saw arrive.Please don''t just randomly accuse me of telling stories just because you no nothing about the incident or me - there were at least two stewards and a few supporters around when it happened!

The thing he needs at the moment is a rest. I think he has been superb all season, But playing upfront alone for the majority of the season has taken its toll out of him and a spell on the bench to get him back to his best is what is needed. Anyone who says he is "lazy" just aint watching the same game as me.

[quote user="65Vintage"]Not Jackanory why would I - I have absolutely nothing against him as a player!  We were staying at the Holiday Inn at CR for a treat and wandered round that way to our seats in the Jarrold - me and my wife stood right right near him while someone got their shirt autographed by him when there was this exchange with him and another fan.He arrived at 18.10pm - thats why I asked the questions is he normally as miserable as he appeared and also was he late - is 18.10 late arriving for a 19.30 kick off?  I don''t know as we rarely stay in the hotel for the night, so are rarely there when the players arrive.  He was the only one we saw arrive.Please don''t just randomly accuse me of telling stories just because you no nothing about the incident or me - there were at least two stewards and a few supporters around when it happened![/quote]

Your rumour spreading is nothing but bile and over time can build and undermine the football club. I''m almost completely sure it''s a lie. is that blatant enough for you?

Should it not also be taken into consideration that Morison''s dip in form has coincided with a bout of Flu? Wouldn''t surprise me to see him rested against QPR and Burnley then I bet we see him back to his normal self.

Don''t really get the lazy comments myself, he''s a little off form compared to 5/6 games ago sure, but it wasn''t a lazy player that closed down and robbed Mertersacker and put us 1-0 up against Arsenal was it?

It''s not rumour spreading - why would I!!!!!!!!   If I was young or stupid maybe I would - but I''m an ageing bloody accountant! So stop giving me abuse.

No-ones answering the questions I am asking either!  Is 18.10 too late to arrive at the ground for a 7.30 KO?  I don''t know - we never usually stay in the hotel. There were other people there - maybe someone else on the Board saw what we saw?Only saying what me and Mrs Vintage saw and heard.

I agree Morrison is not lazy - just a little off colour at the moment!Think he may well still start against QPR though, but it could be a big ask for him to work on his own up front at the moment if he is tired - which he has every right to be!

[quote user="65Vintage"]It''s not rumour spreading - why would I!!!!!!!!   If I was young or stupid maybe I would - but I''m an ageing bloody accountant! So stop giving me abuse.

No-ones answering the questions I am asking either!  Is 18.10 too late to arrive at the ground for a 7.30 KO?  I don''t know - we never usually stay in the hotel. There were other people there - maybe someone else on the Board saw what we saw?Only saying what me and Mrs Vintage saw and heard.

[/quote]

Incredible!

No-One on this site is a current professional footballer playing for Norwich city, so how are we supposed to know when he''s got to "Clock in". You''ve got two options i''m afraid, phone up canary call and explain the question in a broad norfolk accent (Just ask for Neuuullll) or wait untill someone on here lies to you about how they know all about what time players clock in.

This talk is no different from the pleb on here that was having a go at steve morrisons body language because he sprinted away from them when he scored. Pure stirring it up and you know it.